• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Link's Bird Replace Epona?

Should the Bird replace Epona?

• Yes! Let the Bird shine!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No! It will suck without Epona!

• I want both!

• Whu cares? Seriously man!

• Total voters

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The Bird could also be tedious and repetitive as well. Frequent segments of switching to and fro the bird could easily have been remedied by having Epona without all of the cutscenes and needed to find that special call to bring down your Loftbird. I don't exactly expect the bird to be painstakingly slow or repetitive, but the possibility is still there.

And no offense, but I think having Epona inside a dungeon, that isn't all gimmicky in nature, would be freaking awesome and do wonders for the Zelda series, or at least a few moments in SS.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I think that the Sky Bird should completely replace Epona for Skyward Sword. I imagine this bird to play a similar role to the King of the Red Lions from the Wind Waker. He replaced Epona in that game and became the source of transport. And that's what I think will happen in Skyward Sword. Needless to say, the going to Sky islands does sound like Wind Waker.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I think Epona will not be present. I would be pleasantly surprised if she was in it but I highly doubt she will.

Infernape

WASABI! (" L,")
you can have a great game without Epona. i hope the bird plays a large part of the game and we see it in other games. what is the birds name ?:)

C

chicken storm

please mentally take one vote off the epona poll please as I meant to press the both button. it seems really cool to fly on a bird, but Epona is one of their trademarks, so I can't really see a game without Epona.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
I'm surprised no one's said this yet.
2le5svk.jpg
348oump.jpg
Anyway, the bird-flying is supposed to simulate the sailing from Wind Waker in a sense that you sail/fly to your destination. Because of this, there are, uh... "Sink-Holes" if you will, in the clouds to determine where you can drop into the land below. I'm sure how you'd determine which one would lead to which area below, but because of these "Sink-Holes", Epona's not needed at all for this game.

(images showing these "Sink-Holes" are in the spoilers)

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I don't understand. Why are so many people saying the bird is replacing Epona? We can only use it in the sky. On the ground, it's Link on foot and nothing more. Seriously, guys, what's the problem, here? The bird is like the King of Red Lions in the sense that the sky is like the Great Sea. All we're doing with the bird is flying along the sky to get to places on the ground faster (and probably new areas and definitely other islands in the sky).

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
I don't understand. Why are so many people saying the bird is replacing Epona? We can only use it in the sky. On the ground, it's Link on foot and nothing more. Seriously, guys, what's the problem, here? The bird is like the King of Red Lions in the sense that the sky is like the Great Sea. All we're doing with the bird is flying along the sky to get to places on the ground faster (and probably new areas and definitely other islands in the sky).
That's what I said JJ. I said that Epona "wasn't needed"... not that the bird was replacing her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom