• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should I Get an Xbox 360?

The PS3 has better exclusive titles than the 360. You've got games like Uncharted 2, Little Big Planet, Metal Gear Solid 4, and The Last Guardian on PS3. The only excellent 360 exclusives are the Mass Effect games, but even at that Mass Effect 2 is coming to PS3 next year.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
The PS3 has better exclusive titles than the 360. You've got games like Uncharted 2, Little Big Planet, Metal Gear Solid 4, and The Last Guardian on PS3. The only excellent 360 exclusives are the Mass Effect games, but even at that Mass Effect 2 is coming to PS3 next year.

In your opinion. XBOX still has Halo, Gears of War, Left 4 Dead, etc. So stop trying to make this a debate about which has better titles, the guy just wants some feedback.

Edit: I'm sorry, I just read my post and I sound like a total jerk. No offense to you zeypherlink.

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
If you're that tight on cash, I think you would be better off saving up your money for games on your existing consoles, or even saving it up until the new consoles start coming out. This generation of consoles is coming to an end in a year or two, it's long overdue to be replaced.

The XBOX 360 is for people who have spare money lying around.

I have made my choice, I'm going to get it. And this is only the start of my money. By the way, who said it 'is for people who have spare cash lying around'. Perhaps you haven't seen my age?

Best system? Yes, in my opinion. (And I have played and have all three systems in my house) And I never owned a arcade 360, I've only had the Pro and Elite.

And I must warn you, and correct me if I'm wrong. If you happen to not like it that much, it'll mostly be because the 360 and the PS3 are very similar. You've had a PS3 for some time now, right? So there for you have most of your games on the PS3 right? So you most likely missed out on choosing between which system you wanted a game on, 360 or PS3. (Because 360 and PS3 have mostly all the same games, except exclusives) That's why my brother likes his 360 better then his PS3, because he got the PS3 way after he got his 360, so that's why he only gets exclusives on his PS3 and everything else on the 360.

You see what I mean? But then again I could be totally wrong.

That might be so, but from what I've seen of Halo..... Just...... Awesome. And I might get Black Ops on it. Well I've made up my mind. I'm going to get the Xbox 360 s model for $199.99 with Halo 3 pre-owned for $19.99.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
looks like you got yourself a pretty good deal, huh. if you like Halo just wait til you see Halo Reach. And I also recommend Gears of War, you should check it out.

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
looks like you got yourself a pretty good deal, huh. if you like Halo just wait til you see Halo Reach. And I also recommend Gears of War, you should check it out.

Yup. I've heard that Gears of War is very awesome. I got to tinker around the game engine that made the game. Awesome graphics.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I have made my choice, I'm going to get it. And this is only the start of my money. By the way, who said it 'is for people who have spare cash lying around'. Perhaps you haven't seen my age?

Well, it's your money. I didn't see your age, actually. I guess that means it will be okay as far as the actual system, because your parents will pay the bills and let you save up your money indefinitely.

Still, the Xbox doesn't have as many E-rated games. I've heard that a lot of the best games for it are rated T or higher, so the games you want might end up being too adult for you. The other problem is that Xbox is better as an online gaming console than a standalone gaming console.

In other words, you'd need an Xbox LIVE subscription in order to get the most out of it. That's about $8.00 a month.

I mean, think about it logically. There's the initial investment in the console, a subscription to Xbox LIVE, and then shelling out for the games. One of those is a recurring expense. EVEN assuming you can mow enough lawns and get your allowance high enough to pay for that, how are you going to convince your parents that you're old enough for online gaming, or for those T-rated games?

We've established that you want to get it. Now, all you need to do is figure out how you're going to do it. Good luck. :)

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
Well, it's your money. I didn't see your age, actually. I guess that means it will be okay as far as the actual system, because your parents will pay the bills and let you save up your money indefinitely.

Still, the Xbox doesn't have as many E-rated games. I've heard that a lot of the best games for it are rated T or higher, so the games you want might end up being too adult for you. The other problem is that Xbox is better as an online gaming console than a standalone gaming console.

In other words, you'd need an Xbox LIVE subscription in order to get the most out of it. That's about $8.00 a month.

I mean, think about it logically. There's the initial investment in the console, a subscription to Xbox LIVE, and then shelling out for the games. One of those is a recurring expense. EVEN assuming you can mow enough lawns and get your allowance high enough to pay for that, how are you going to convince your parents that you're old enough for online gaming, or for those T-rated games?

We've established that you want to get it. Now, all you need to do is figure out how you're going to do it. Good luck. :)

I play M games all the time. The only series that I'm not aloud to play is Grand Theft Auto. And I'm buying everything my self:

Xbox 360 $199.99
Halo 3 (pre-owned) $19.99
(after 30 day free trial) Xbox LIVE 3 month card $19.99

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom