• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should I Get an Xbox 360?

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
I have been thinking about getting the 360 for 3 reasons:

1. I know a lot of people who have it

2. Awesome exclusives

3. I will have all 3 next-gen consoles

Should I get it? If so, the slim or original arcade?

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
No, I haven't heard anything good about it. I've heard that they tend to die frequently, and that the games tend to be kind of buggy.

Personally, I would stick with the Playstation 3, and the Wii (both of which have good reviews and major advantages). Microsoft should stick to making Windows and Office, they're no good at making video game systems.

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
No, I haven't heard anything good about it. I've heard that they tend to die frequently, and that the games tend to be kind of buggy.

Personally, I would stick with the Playstation 3, and the Wii (both of which have good reviews and major advantages). Microsoft should stick to making Windows and Office, they're no good at making video game systems.

It depends on how you treat your system too. Tons of people mistreat expensive stuff. Plus I've played the 360 before.

athenian200

Circumspect
It depends on how you treat your system too. Tons of people mistreat expensive stuff. Plus I've played the 360 before.

That is true, but I've heard of it having problems failing even for people who are careful with it. People who don't usually have game systems failing on them.

It can be fun, I just don't think it's that great of a system compared to the Playstation 3. It's your decision, of course. If there's a game you really want for it, nothing else really matters.

The Slim will have a much lower failure rate than the Arcade. It also has built in wireless capabilities so you won't have to use an Ethernet cord or buy the $60 add-on to get Internet.

Moldorm

Is not Error
I have one and I love it.

But you should know that it is the third one I've owned. The first was an original... that died. Then Microsoft couldn't fix it so they sent me a new one... that died. Then they fixed that one and sent it back. Fortunately, I soon fell backwards into some cash, so I traded mine up for an Elite. The Elite still lives today. I imagine the one I traded in probably died again. I dunno if Microsoft takes used/resold ones for free repairs.

If you get one, be willing to lose it once or twice. Of course, I don't know if the new ones die or not. Hey, maybe you'll get lucky. :)

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Yes you should get it. The 360 is the best System out now. People like to say it sucks because they're either PS3 fanboys or hate it for a personal reason. My XBOX 360 has never failed on me once. I've only owned 2 360s in my life time. Only because I wanted to upgrade to an Elite. Yes XBOX Live cost money but it's worth it even if you don't play online much, because you get access to more content, arcade games, demos, and much more. You should also get the slim one. Oh yeah people say that PS3 has free online but the XBOX's has been proven to be better and worth it. The XBOX 360 also has good exclusive games such as Left 4 Dead 1 and 2, Halo 3, ODST, and Reach, then there's also Gears of War 1, 2, and 3 and many others.

Note: People complain that it fails, but they make it sound ******** like if it's failing on you 24/7, It might not even fail on you at all especially since you might buy a brand new one that's newly made. Anyways if it does fail it'll be like years from now.

Last edited:

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I have heard from my friends how they think the X-box 360 is the best console. I don't have one, but I have played games on it, and I don't really want one. It is up to you, really.

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
Yes you should get it. The 360 is the best System out now. People like to say it sucks because they're either PS3 fanboys or hate it for a personal reason. My XBOX 360 has never failed on me once. I've only owned 2 360s in my life time. Only because I wanted to upgrade to an Elite. Yes XBOX Live cost money but it's worth it even if you don't play online much, because you get access to more content, arcade games, demos, and much more. You should also get the slim one. Oh yeah people say that PS3 has free online but the XBOX's has been proven to be better and worth it. The XBOX 360 also has good exclusive games such as Left 4 Dead 1 and 2, Halo 3, ODST, and Reach, then there's also Gears of War 1, 2, and 3 and many others.

Note: People complain that it fails, but they make it sound ******** like if it's failing on you 24/7, It might not even fail on you at all especially since you might buy a brand new one that's newly made. Anyways if it does fail it'll be like years from now.

Best system? That will be solved by moi when I get it. Overheating and disc scratching was the Arcade's problems. The new slim has one problem (not confirmed). You can easily break the disc drive. Oh, and another reason I want this system is so I can give an honest opinion of what I think about it and LIVE. Did you ever have problems with your arcade?

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
Like Athenian200 stated, if you really want a game for it, nothing else matters, I got the Wii just for Skyward Sword >_>
I would never like a 360, or any type of Xbox or Playstation, except PSone, I'm an oldschool guy... in many cases.

There are very few old school games I like. I'm more of a next-gen type of guy.

I have an Arcade and haven't had a single problem. Whether you buy one depends on what games you like and how much money you have.

athenian200

Circumspect
I'm saving my money up. I currently have $75.00. I have a while to go. :dry:

If you're that tight on cash, I think you would be better off saving up your money for games on your existing consoles, or even saving it up until the new consoles start coming out. This generation of consoles is coming to an end in a year or two, it's long overdue to be replaced.

The XBOX 360 is for people who have spare money lying around.

Kybyrian

The Xbox 360 is absolutely wonderful.

If you've got a lot of friends that have it, then I really suggest getting it. I would also suggest buying the new slim one, which has a built-in network adapter, so you don't have to buy a separate one for 100+ dollars. That of course depends on if you have a wireless router. I would suggest getting one if you don't have one, so you don't have to mess with wires, especially if you have to hook it up to multiple things.

Anyway, back to the reason to by the new slim one. The wireless adapter, so you only have to spend on Xbox LIVE if you choose to get that and not the separate wireless adapter. It also seems to fail a lot less than the other consoles have. It's got a little red dot that warns you when the console is overheating, so you aren't going to get the red ring from that anymore. Regardless of what many people think, though, the main cause of the red ring was not overheating, but rather a different error. They have also claimed to fix that, by integrating the graphics into the processor. Don't quote me on that, I don't remember exactly what they said.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Best system? That will be solved by moi when I get it. Overheating and disc scratching was the Arcade's problems. The new slim has one problem (not confirmed). You can easily break the disc drive. Oh, and another reason I want this system is so I can give an honest opinion of what I think about it and LIVE. Did you ever have problems with your arcade?

Best system? Yes, in my opinion. (And I have played and have all three systems in my house) And I never owned a arcade 360, I've only had the Pro and Elite.

And I must warn you, and correct me if I'm wrong. If you happen to not like it that much, it'll mostly be because the 360 and the PS3 are very similar. You've had a PS3 for some time now, right? So there for you have most of your games on the PS3 right? So you most likely missed out on choosing between which system you wanted a game on, 360 or PS3. (Because 360 and PS3 have mostly all the same games, except exclusives) That's why my brother likes his 360 better then his PS3, because he got the PS3 way after he got his 360, so that's why he only gets exclusives on his PS3 and everything else on the 360.

You see what I mean? But then again I could be totally wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom