• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Shopping...

Depends on how specific what I'm looking for is and on how soon I need what I'm after. I live in a pretty rural area which means stores are smaller here, so I usually have to go online when I need something super specific. Unfortunately, by the same token, I'm pretty sure that also means shipping takes a bit longer since I'm further from the warehouses.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
For groceries, always physically.

For Warhammer, DND, and all my tabletop gaming needs, there's one shop in my town that I go to, and they have everything.

For my guitars, and guitar equipment, that really depends, and I usually shop only pragmatically for my instruments and gear. For example, I always buy strings in bulk, and in a brick and mortar store, sometimes that's just not feasible. Sometimes they may have the brand I use in the gauges I like, sometimes they don't. Online stores though, like Sweetwater, allows me to get the brand I want, in the gauges I like, and buy them in bulk.

Same thing with vacuum tubes for my amps. I have to shop online to get matched pairs and matched quads, and it's frustrating that a lot of music shops sell tube amplifiers, but only one in my area sells actual tubes, and even then it's spotty.

I really only go into music shops for cables, pedals, and cleaning supplies for my instruments, actually.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
For the vast majority of things I still tend to purchase them in a physical store. If there is something small and inexpensive which I can’t get in person then I’ll turn to Amazon but otherwise I keep it in person.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I'd prefer to shop physically but mostly shop online. I do go into he store for food or DIY items but it's actually quite inconvenient for most other things. Most clothes and shoe stores sell only boring clothes and shoes especially in the part of the country where I am. So online shopping is the only way to get the clothes and shoes I like.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
It really varies from item to item. Since I'm a hapless PC gamer I end up buying the overwhelming majority of my games online. If I'm looking for something I anticipate to be in stock locally then I'll head to the store. And while it's been a bit since I purchased anything dice or Magic: The Gathering related, I always make sure to buy those locally from the token nerd shop in town.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom