• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Shopkeepers: The Best Businessmen?

Mido

Version 1
The series is home to many an iconic shopkeeper, some more prominent than others. While we all have our favorites, which shopkeeper(s) would you guys say are the best at conducting business? Are some of our most iconic vendors bad businessmen? Speak your minds in here!

Reactions: Dio

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Beedle has always been a classic for me. Friendly to his customers (for the most part), sells useful stuff, and gives good customers special promotions. Something about that "OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH" and the "BYE!" makes him a delightfully charming character. I like that he's one of the only prominent shopkeepers that actually has character.

But, when one talks about character, one must also mention Malo. Though he was arrogant, sarcastic, and rude to his customers, he was a brilliant shopkeeper who knew everything there was to know about running a successful business (despite being, like, 3 years old :shrugs:). He definitely has a personality, and the stuff he sells is top notch.

In terms of usefulness, I'd probably give it to Rupin, but he creeps me out so I don't like him. >:

So ya, overall I'd say I like Beedle the most, because he's become such an icon now and he's lovable in all his appearances.

Agent of Majora

Herald of the Consumer
I think the best shopkeeper is probably the Curiosity Shop guy in Majora's Mask. He's like a one-man Yakuza, as he successfully operates a legit front business and a black market with most people not knowing, he has the entire town guard in his pocket, he has ton of blackmail material, he has no qualms about extorting a young kid, and he is able to overcharge on all of his stolen goods to rake in a massive profit.
Just imagine if that guy stole Majora's Mask. Link wouldn't have a chance.

Last edited:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
For me Beedle is my favorite. He is one of the few who has actual English dialogue such as 'Ohhh! THANK YOU' or 'Bye!'
I find his overall friendly manner and attitude to be inviting and I would be tempted to buy from someone like that in real life.

That said. Beedle doesn't take **** and if you don't buy anything he will eject you out of a hatch from his shop. It could either be good or bad for business. On one hand people will feel they need to buy something if they entered the shop but it could cause some to take their business elsewhere. I mean. Would you enter the establishment of someone like that in the first place knowing you could well be ejected to your doom if you didn't part with your money?

Another layer to Beedle is discovered when you speak to him at night at his camp where if you comment about his accent you discover he actually uses a false one when selling his wares. The reason for this is never explored but it adds a layer of mystery to the character and leaves me wanting to know more.

Another good one is Rupin. He really puts on an effort for his customers and greets them with a big smile and enthusiastic manner even if he is not actually feeling it. His dedication to business is such that he even works from home at night.

A shoutout to the Bazaar owner from OOT. The guy doesn't like wearing a shirt but has decided to shave his chest and belly hair into the shape of a business tie to look smart on the job.

Last edited:

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
My favourite is the one of Links awakening who kills you if you steal anything and you spend the rest of the game being known as thief.... he gets the word around very quickly!!!

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
.... B - U - Y ... S - O - M - E - T- H - I - N ' ... W - I - L - L ... Y - A !

CLfePLYUsAAlQ-K.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom