• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Shadow Temple

Skunk

Floof
I would love to see a shadow themes dungeon in the future. Especially one with Lot's of intricate and frustrating traps and puzzles and enemies that reflect the dungeon.
Me: Hey Miyamotoooooooo.
Mr. Miyamoto : Yeah?
Me: Could you tell the people over there working on Zelda to make a Shadow themed Dungeon?
Miyamoto :...
Me: Oh I see giving me the Link treatment huh!
Miyamoto :*smile and gives cookie* bye bye
Me: Oh bye byeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyyeyeyeyeye*falls down trapdoor to lobby while eating the cookie*

I certainly wouldn't want the exact dungeon from Ocarina of Time to return. Something with a similar theme, as others have stated, would be fine, but absolutely not the same one. I would hope that dungeons in new games continue to evolve and have a myriad of themes to them, and I wouldn't mind if the shadow/dark or macabre themes appear in the forefront of a dungeon again - that would actually be quite nice; I enjoy that sort of thing when it's done well. It would be a nice atmosphere to include again, I think, but in a new way. ♥

Chilfo Freeze

Emma Jean Stone
The Shadow Temple from Ocarina of Time? No. A similar type of temple? Sure!

I agree whole-heartedly with this! I would never want to see a re-do of the Shadow Temple from OoT... just because IMO, nothing can compare, so any other version would be in a shadow of the original.

I would love to see a similar theme though! Actually, I really haven't seen that in a while and I'd like to see what they could do with the idea once again.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Well something like it perhaps, with creepy music, redeads and wall masters and dead hands... wait, why do I even want this when these things scarred me for life as a child!? Well, there is just something fun about a scary area and since the damage is already done, why not?

I would definitely like to see a Shadow Temple in a future game!! I hate undead stuff, but even so I enjoy the creepiness of those kinds of dungeons. The first time I went through the Shadow Temple in OOT, I was always on the edge of my seat, not knowing what was around that next corner. It was fun, and I'd like to see it again.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
After OoT, we have already seen a similar dungeon, the Earth Temple from the Wind Waker. But I would absolutely love to see another similar dungeon in Twilight Princess's style; that would truly be genius.

Like previous posters before me, not the same Shadow temple, I would hope. A new Shadow Temple in a future game would be cool though.

Like Cel-Shaded Deku said, I would LOVE it if they made an actual scary Shadow Temple.

The Shadow Temple was one of my favorite parts of OoT and it remains the best shadow/scary themed dungeon in the series (well, I take that back, Bottom of the Well was even scarier :P).

If there is one thing the Zelda series does right, it's atmosphere. To create varying locations and dungeons all with a unique flavor and atmosphere is hard to do but Zelda does it well. I loved how a bright and cheery over world could turn into a dark and foreboding dungeon. A Shadow Temple type dungeon is a perfect place to explore the darker themes of the Zelda universe and I always love venturing into the darkest and creepiest corners of Hyrule. Zelda may be geared toward all ages but it also isn't afraid to tackle some darker adult themes. To master that balance, as Zelda as proven they can do, is masterful and only deepens the gaming experience. So I think it would be fantastic for a dungeon similar to the ST to come back.

D.Marsden

Mistress Link
The Shadow Temple was actually my least favorite dungeon in Ocarina of Time, even considering the Water Temple. :O

Let me explain a bit farther, I think that the Shadow theme of the dungeon fit well with the rest of the game, but the gimmicks within the temple itself felt far too forced and the overall dungeon design didn't settle with me like the rest of the dungeons did. I would love to see a different approach with the same theme, except taking a step forward and experimenting with new mechanics.

I hated the shadow temple so much.

I really liked the inclusion of the Shadow and Spirit temples in OoT. Link had grown up and it made sense for an older character to tackle some heavier themed dungeons.

I think the magic meter with the lens of truth worked really well in the shadow temple and i wouldn't mind seeing some more intricate puzzles in the same vein. There are a lot of possibilities still to be explored with themes like the Shadow and Spirit temples. And i really love their themes, so i'd love to see a creepier more mature and freakier version of a shadow temple at some point in the future. Some kind of re-dead boss that uses its coffin as a weapon, eh, its an idea. I do love the re-deads. =]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom