• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Shadow Temple

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
yeah, i mean, with new enemies, and perhaps a scarier boss?
I don't want to see the actual Shadow Temple in another game. If they want to use a Shadow themed concept, I'm fine with that, but, taking the actual design of the Shadow Temple, creating new enemies, and a new boss doesn't cut it. New Dungeons/Temples, new bosses, and new enemies are much better than using a past idea.

Link's Shadow48

Shadow Link reborn
yes, Like what type of boss would you have in mind? similar to Bongo Bongo? or a totally new boss?

The Shadow Temple was actually my least favorite dungeon in Ocarina of Time, even considering the Water Temple. :O

Let me explain a bit farther, I think that the Shadow theme of the dungeon fit well with the rest of the game, but the gimmicks within the temple itself felt far too forced and the overall dungeon design didn't settle with me like the rest of the dungeons did. I would love to see a different approach with the same theme, except taking a step forward and experimenting with new mechanics.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
The exact same Shadow Temple from Ocarina of Time will never return in a future installment but I sufficiently enjoyed the idea behind it and would like for that doom and gloom theme to return.

Allow me to detail my thought process. Dark themed dungeons are in my opinion the greatest Zelda has ever seen and thee Shadow Temple tops them all (although I do deem the Forest Temple in Ocarina of Time to be superior). The atmosphere was perfect with the swinging scythe pendulums and death traps hidden from the unaided eye. It also made excellent use of a variety of items including the Lens of Truth, Hover Boots, Long Shot and more. Moreover, magic played a fundamental role with Din's Fire coming into play not once. The boss battle against Bongo Bongo was stupendous. There are a veriety of methods to defeat him and his aesthetic design is also alluring. While the dungeon will never rear its head again outside of OoT remakes, these landmark ideas should be implemented in future titles.

The one from Oot was not one of my favorites. The Shadow "Temple" Didn't really seem like much of a temple but more of a dungeon in all honesty.

Fig

The Altruist
I would love to see a Shadow Temple that is similar to Ocarina of Time in both difficulty and design in a future Zelda game! I would love to see a Shadow Temple again! ^^

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
If they do make another one I want them to go all out on the scare factor. Some of Ocarina of Time's Shadow Temple's decor was a bit cheesy. One part that I like was the set up that looked like some old torture/execution device with a puddle of blood under it. Perhaps that taken a little further. You know, something to send chills down your spine.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Well its impossible to see the shadow temple return unless there's another OoT remake. Unless there is another, then that's out of the question....
However, I do enjoy dungeons that have this theme, so i'd maybe like to see a different shadow temple. Dark themed dungeons are easily able to give off a creepy and spooky vibe which can strike fear into the players.

This being said I didn't really like the Shadow Temple of OoT very much, it was one of my least favorite dungeons if not my least favorite. I didn't like the hover boots, the music creeped me out and i really didnt like the excessive use of the eye of truth which wasted magic

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Shadow Temple is my favorite Zelda dungeon of all time. As others have said, it would not be good for the EXACT dungeon to return, but definitely something similar.

I personally loved the whole secretive aspect of the place, and the eerie atmosphere was just fantastic. I love dark-themed dungeons. Not the blatantly scary kind – just with an undertone of fear. Something creepy.

...If that made sense. I'm having trouble thinking of the words to describe what I want to say... ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom