• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Seven Elements SU

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Am I too late?

*I read the first bit and scrolled right down* - I'm assuming this is original and not based upon anything? I'll take the avatar of the earth-god/dess if s/he is not taken...

If I am allowed Earth:

Name: Val (Yes, dusting off a version of her again)
Goddess: Verdéytah
Appearance: Brown hair down to mid-back. Somewhat short, with a thin frame. Green eyes. Clad in hunting boots, skin pants and a green tunic. Typically has a bow and quiver slung over her back and a knife in her belt.
Backstory: Lives in the forest and works as a hunter and gatherer to feed herself. She also earns money this way bringing meat into towns and hunting dangerous creatures. Wanders around, never staying in one place for long. She's comfortable living outdoors and knows all the skills you should have learned in girl/boy scouts.
Other: She swears she's been to a land where the mountains were alive - not in the poetic sense, but that they actually had form like beasts and moved. (Hey, I like the idea of Colossi ala a favorite videogame, alright? I think an earth goddess might employ Colossi). People typically do not listen to Val when she tells these stories. She also swears she's seen a stag in the deep part of every forest she's been to with a golden coat and golden antlers. She managed to shoot it once, but the arrow lodged in its hind haunch and has stayed there ever since, causing no apparent distress to the animal. She thinks it must be a sacred creature, a messenger of some sort, but can prove nothing.

If not, are there servants of these gods available? Like messengers or characters they order around? I could create a character to be one of those to someone... a right-hand light-angel as a servant or a sky-gryphon or fire-phoenix to serve as sapient steed..?

Last edited:

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
Imogen, this is medieval high-fantasy. Magic and swords and bows and knives and fun stuff like that. I borrowed a lot of things from Eragon, btw. So yeah.... edit to make it less modern, please. I should have added that....

Viper is an Elf, Mykæl a werewolf.

Shadsie your good and I actually have a race for Favonia.

Name: Felix
Goddess: Magmeyah
Appearance: He has light brown hair and ice blue eyes. He's tall, strong, tan, and quite good looking. He wears brown or grey, usually, and green if he's going through woodlands.
Backstory: He's the firstborn son of a knight. He lived through Drynuin's, the former tyrant's, reign. For this reason he hates royals, because he's seen corruption happen and he despises the fact that it went to an Elf and a werewolf, because corruption could come so easily and history would repeat itself. He is good with the sword and inherited fire magic from his mother Floria.
Other: He's a pyromancer

Last edited:

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Perhaps this could double as the discussion thread?

Do we want to meet up in the forest or in the town/tavern? Or elsewhere?

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
((For future reference talking to Imogen, Myriad, and Tatl, I will be gone most of today. I'm glad that you like this and get along, just.... When we're all together, you can't go posit a page of stuff that I have to catch up on, because, as DM, I have to know what's going on.))

I think having a separate thread for these kinds of posts, and any out of character discussion, will definitely help. Let's keep the RP thread for RP posts only. Stuff in brackets should only be posted if they are posted along with the RP post.

We're waiting up for all of you forest folks.

Last edited:

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
I think having a separate thread for these kinds of posts, and any out of character discussion, will definitely help. Let's keep the RP thread for RP posts only. Stuff in brackets should only be posted if they are posted along with the RP post.

We're waiting up for all of you forest folks.

Imogen. it is not worth arguing about. Nicole does this all the time, just ignore it, except if it pertains to you

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
We need to introduce the villain.

Name: Mortécaio

Goddess: Anubya, but only her domains, not her herself

Appearance: He wears light blue robes, despite being a very dark wizard, dabbling in magic he shouldn't be. He has white blond hair and almost colorless, dead-looking eyes. He's tall and gaunt, his skin deathly pale. He wears a sword on his belt and staff on his back.

Backstory: He lived during Drynuin's reign as the Dark Dragon's chief magic advisor and experimenter. Only he knew Drynuin's heritage, and all but worshiped him. He has made several new spells, new ways of killing and bringing death. When the goddesses vanished, he was given an opportunity to build an army of the dead to usurp the king and queen, the queen's power gone with the goddesses. He will do anything to prevent their return.

Other: It is said that he went insane during one of his experiments, and lives in constant paranoia and darkness. Some even say he's a Vampire.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
WELL THANKS A LOT! The villian's in my domain, what a ****ing coincidence!

...Sorry about him. Yes, I'm letting him be him here deal with it. But I like the villian, he's cool.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Name: The Hermit
Goddess: worshipper of Ceranli
Appearance: an old man in a hooded cloak. his beard is long and grey and black, his hair is frizzy
Backstory: He is a hermit. he wanders the land of Sylynar, looking foolishly for his wife and daughter
Other: He knows a little bit too much for a simple Hermit

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I'll put in for a hench-creature to play off and on as a non-major character.

Name: Terminalis (though in certain circumstances, he also answers to "Fluffers" ).
Gender: Male (we think. Referred to as such, though he might be technically genderless)
Goddess: Technically, he is in Anubya's domain, but he's a free-agent.
Appearance: A large, panther-like creature with hefty forequarters and small hindquarters. Has a broad head crowned with two long, slightly curved corrugated horns like those of an antelope or a goat. His coat is smooth and appears purple in low light, but black in bright light. Angry eyes that change color with mood - red for attack, yellow when scenting, blue or green when in various states of calm.
Backstory: A demon-beast from the Abyss. He is a bond-demon that can be made a slave to someone with sufficient magical power (our villain?) with the right bonding spell and the right promises. A mysterious, ancient creature that was once a guardian of what serves as "Hell" in this world, keeping the wicked souls in their place. In the living world/material plane, he's just a straight-up agent of destruction.
Other: Terminalis enjoys fresh flesh and blood, preferring his food alive, squirming and screaming. It is also rumored that he can eat souls - and not just in the standard eating a soul and making it vanish sense, but in the "complete erasure from Time" sense. That is, if he chooses to digest more than just your flesh (and he can choose how much of a creature he will take), it is said that existence itself rearranges itself in a way that is as if you and your works never were. (So, even those who do not believe in the Afterlife who think souls vanish fear him because he can take them out of Time entirely). However, since there is no way to confirm this (and he might be lying about seeing the world re-arrange whenever he does this), no one knows if it's true (save possibly the Goddess of Time... can she bring the lost souls back)? Terminalis is also basically immortal and "nigh invunerable" - it is said that weapons forged of a special "godslaying" metal can destroy him, but otherwise, lob normal arrows at him or stab him with normal swords and he shakes it off like a person shakes off a mosquito bite.

He is a bit instinctual and can be tricked. If he's hunting you down and hears a scream from someone else, he'll run toward the scream... he can be distracted by thrown meat, that kind of thing. For all his power, he needs a weakness and his is that he's a big cat and is subject to the distractions of kitties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom