• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Seven Elements RP

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
"Your camp?" Val groused, putting her arrow away and clipping her bow to her backstrap. "You're awfully quiet, then. I didn't hear you or see any sign until the flame... er... thing. If you don't mind, I just needed to skin out my kill and wanted to be near fresh water to wash up afterward. Manticore blood is poisonous, you know. Not good to have on you for very long if you get any on you."

Val sighs and holds out a hand for a shake. "I'm Val. Hunter, traveler... sometimes a bounty-collector on man-eating monsters."

She smiles. "A fire-mage, huh?" she asks. "I have a small talent of my own." Val bends down and waves her hand over the ground. She sends a small tremor through the earth. "It's not developed highly," she says shyly, "and I didn't want to knock you off your feet or anything." She waves her hand around over the earth by her feet again and then makes a "come" gesture. A small plant emerges from the ground, grows, flowers and develops berries. She scoops them up and offers them to Felix. "Hungry?"

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
He nods and takes the berries. "Thank you. So you're an earth mage? Do you follow Verdéytah?" He asks. He starts eating the berries. "I worship Magmeyah, as would be expected."

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
"Oh, Ah'm Luke!" The strange blonde grinned wider, bouncing on his heels for a bit before seeing Raios' hand and shaking it excitedly. He was rather strong, but his wide sky-blue eyes and that big goofy grin told you that he was never gonna hurt you.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
"There was a temple in the town where I was raised," Val said. "It's fallen into disrepair. Most of the people in the place where I was raised gave up on the gods. After all, if you till the soil properly and get enough rain, you don't need prayers to make your crops grow - just hard work. Prayers to Ceranli did nothing to stop the epidemic that swept through the area, and no on there was happy with Anubya's rampages then..."

Val shakes her head. "Everyone was a bit suspicious of my abilities, so I never trained them highly. For what it's worth, I do believe Vere'tah exists and has given me a blessing, but I think she wants me to mostly just take care of myself."

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
"Verdéytah." He corrects. "I grew up in Volcarna, where Magmeyah's palace is said to reside... well, in the nearby volcano. But when my mother found out about my abilities, she was ecstatic and taught me everything I needed to know." He says. "I could help you if you would like." He offers.

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
"And other things." He makes a dozen knives of fire in the air above Val. "See?" They vanish. "They're sharp too. Part if my routine."

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
((Sorry this post took so long, I wanted to make sure I had time to do it right.))

The woman in the black cloak stuck to the shadows as she made her way through town, keeping her hood low over her eyes. It didn't take her all that long to find the location of her mission. I mean, it was pretty dang obvious, it was a freaking mansion! She scoffed at the blatant grandeur of the place, the total waste of money and resources almost sickening to her. But she knew she had no time to waste, so she quickly and quietly made her way closer, avoiding any eyes that might be around. She easily made it to the back of the house, and picked the lock on the darkest window she could find. She slid it open quietly, and stepped inside.

The room she'd found herself in was some sort of abandoned spare room, which she knew couldn't be too far from the interesting parts of the manor. So she headed to the door, and put her ear to it to listen for people outside. She didn't hear any footsteps, nor breathing or heartbeats (she had good hearing, OK?), and there were no shadows moving under the door, so she carefully opened it just a crack. Nothing out there as far as she could see, so she stepped out into the hall and silently closed the door behind her. There was indeed no one nearby, but she still had to figure out where the lord and lady were. She glanced down the hall both ways, then headed towards the center of the house. She'd be more likely to find their room that way.

Her steps made no noise as she moved through the house, so as soon as she heard the soft clacking of footsteps, she knew they weren't hers. Without even a moment's hesitation or even an expression of surprise, she slipped over to the nearest shadow on the wall and sank into it as easily as one would sink into an alcove. That was her secret weapon, this use of dark magic. It was what separated her from the rest of the assassins in the world, made her the most dangerous. She wasn't going to reveal that she didn't know much more magic than this simple spell, because what she had was more than enough. Within the minute, a servant walked by, passing the assassin like she wasn't even there. Good for her. She stepped out of the shadow as soon as he passed her, and the man soon had a knife to his throat.

"Where are the lord and lady Zacharias?" The woman's alluring, yet commanding voice rang in the servant's ear, its owner situated safely behind him as she held that knife very close to his windpipe. It was clear she wasn't playing any games, or accepting any wrong answers.

((Sorry again, I thought I was gonna do the whole thing in one post. But since it's already long, I'mma let Imogen play this servant. ...If she doesn't mind, that is. And I like the idea of Winnie being able to hear heartbeats because they're the sign of life and she's like the goddess of death and all. So yeah. She only knows a little dark magic right now. Think of that spell as a mixture of Vivian from Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, and Link's drawing ability from A Link Between Worlds.))

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Val clapped. "Oh, that is so cool!"

She turned back to her work, finishing out the hide she was skinning. She bent low and made the earth open up - a grave, of sorts, for the unwanted, poison monster-carcass. She dropped the skinned beast inside the pit and bade it to cover up before she started cleaning up the hide with a good knife-scraping and herself with the water of the pond. "You caught me at a bit of an awkward time" she apologized, "but you don't seem the squeamish type. Just need to dry out the hide by a fire so I can sell it. The life of a professional hunter can be kind of gross sometimes..."

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
"I don't mind. After having the smell of burnt flesh in your nose for weeks, nothing bothers you." He smiles. "I lit myself on fire once." He explains. Felix then sighs and looks up again. "I feel like my fire is weaker than usual, though."

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Val winces. "Sometimes my knife slips when I'm skinning or butchering," she offers, showing some scars on her left arm. "Can't say it hurts as much as a burn. Once had a wild boar try to make lunch out of my leg, too. Limped for a month. Best bacon I ever had."

She hangs the skin up to prep it for drying. "I mispronounced the Earth-goddess' name, even though I'm supposed to carry her blessing. That tells you just how I am, right? As I said, where I come from, folk think the goddesses have abandoned us mortals, or that they might even be dead. What do you think?"

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
The servant Winnie had halted was little more than boy. Though his voice had deepened in the last year, the fear had caused it to raise to boyish octaves. "O-o-on the second f-f-f-floor, third door to the right. Please don't hurt me!"

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
((...I am so mean. I mean, Winnie is so mean. I'm mean for letting Winnie be so mean.))

"Mmm, I'm afraid I can't do that." The voice replied, sounding rather pleased under her mock disappointment. Without another moment's hesitation, she quickly slit the boy's throat and let him drop the ground. Pity he had to die so young, but she couldn't have him reporting her now could she? As soon as she was sure he was dead, she wiped his blood off her knife and set off for the second floor. She got there quickly, and headed for the third door on the right, putting her ear to the door to listen for her victims.

((I dunno, have them be sleeping or talking or whatever you want. I'm not gonna GM your people any more.))

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
The lady had already retired for the night, and the lord was sitting at his desk along the wall, back to the door. He was immersed in thought, going through their ledgers, counting several piles of coin, calculating their expenses and their gains. He had recently calculated how much his wife had spent in the last week, and was furiously involved with how much she spent on such needless luxuries. She'd had her friends over thrice in the past week, and each time they'd spent a small fortune of his money on skin treatments and duck legs (his wife's favorite treat). Small wonder they needed to spend so much to keep their skin clean, the oily meat of the bird certainly didn't help them.

There was nothing that could distract him. Even when his wife stirred, quietly murmuring "no" in her dreams, he was entirely lost to the rest of the world around him. The only thing on his mind was numbers and gold.

--------------------------------

Judith snuck out her bedroom window, using all the tied sheets she could muster.

"Be safe, my lady," the girl servant called quietly down as Jude descended, the makeshift rope tied around her waist and propelling down along the wall. The servant watched as Judith made it safely to the ground, and made her way toward the town. Satisfied that she had done all she could, the servant lay down in Judith's bare bed. She wouldn't leave the room until she was certain the deed happening within the walls of the manor was done. Judith's bed was so comfortable. The servant had never been on it before. She quickly drifted off to sleep.

--------------------

Judith made her way to the tavern, the hood of her crimson cloak pulled over her head. Not that she thought many of the common townfolk would recognize her. She didn't often venture from her home, except when in a private carriage when her mother sent her to other wealthy houses. However, it was never a bad thing to be careful.

-----------

Three other servants remained in the manor, unaware of the events that were unfolding. A young man and woman were in the kitchen, on the first floor at the opposite end of the building from where Winnie had entered, taking samples of the fine food and wine, giggling, kissing, and groping one another. An older woman was in the study, a few doors down from the kitchen, where the lady had been entertaining her friends earlier that day. The old woman, looking like she was only tidying up, was in fact searching for any coins or jewelry the ladies may have dropped to pocket and keep for her own.

Last edited:

TriFiERCE

Fury, Spirit, and Will
Raios slightly cringed at Luke's grip. "Nice grip." He said taking his hand away a little slowly. But depsite this, he was still smiling.

((Man, these guys are creepy.))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom