• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Seven Elements RP

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
Felix sighs and runs a hand through his hair. He sat by his fire, the flames green, and looks around. It's been a long day. He's run from the authorities, then got a bad cut which he healed with fire, and now his birthmark on his arm is burning. He almost killed three people, and burned four others.... It wasn't a good day, and he can't sleep because he needs to listen for dogs.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Judith strode the halls with one of her personal servants, a girl about her own age. The girl was one of the few Jude could trust to any extent. Jude's mother was walking down the hall from the opposite direction, a flock of ladies in toe, twittering gossip in her mother's ear. Her mother wore a sterner look than usual. As the two parties passed, they stopped side-by-side. Her mother spoke to her without looking at her.

"I know what you've been doing."

Jude's eyes grew sharp and she cast a sideways glance at the woman.

"You'll be 18 soon, my dear," her mother continued, venom in her voice. "You won't be able to dodge it forever. You will be married by your 18th birthday, regardless of the circumstances." Her mother and the flock continued on.

Judith watched them go, and turned on heel, her mind racing on what she needed to do.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Val was deep in the forest beside a body of water. She was busily skinning her latest kill. She'd barely gotten the manticore hoisted into a tree with a rope. Her shoulders ached. This was a small one, too. Unfortunately, there'd be no fresh meat for her for dinner tonight, for the flesh of monsters of this type was quite fowl, only suited to the dining of other monsters. Perhaps, if she were a dragon, she could stand the black blood and poison. The pelt, however, would go for quite a nice bounty in the next town over.

Val sniffs herself. "Yeah, I could use an inn stay and a nice bath, I guess," she said to herself. "Maybe with this, I can finally buy a horse. Or some iron arrowheads!"

The tunic was getting a little threadbare, too, and she decided her boots could use a trip to the cobbler. Even a wild mountain-woman couldn't live by the forest alone. She'd made a lucky shot to her prey today - right in the eye. Manticore were dangerous, voracious man-eaters. She could have been killed, but she wasn't.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Somewhere in the forests, a young man wandered aimlessly, like he hadn't a care in the world. His head hung back as he gawked dopily at the sky, its shiny twinkle-stars mesmerizing him nearly to the point of a trance. It was a miracle he didn't bump right into a tree, but he always seemed to stumble out of the way just in time every time he got close. With the way he acted, he himself might have been the mesmerizing one.

((So he could be near either Felix or Val, or anyone else who wants to meet him first. I dunno, I'm just getting Luke in the RP. I'll bring in Winnie at a more opportune time.))

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
((Remember, Felix has green fire, and I don't know how to bring them together. Is Val by felix?))

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
(I don't know. I just had her randomly in the forest)

Val catches a light out of the corner of her eye. She tenses up, seeing something strange. It appears to be a green flame. She wipes the black blood off her knife and sheathes it, opting to pick her bow up off the ground and to knock back an arrow. She steps toward the magic flame cautiously.

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
She sees a handsome young man with light brown hair and ice blue eyes, staring at the sky. He is playing with a wisp of fire.

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
Quill walked quickly through the empty streets, nighttime filling the air, a bored and indifferent look on his face as he strode casually towards the source of the noise-the tavern. Always a good show at the tavern, if only from the legions of interesting characters involved. Opening the door, he quietly slipped inside, casually sitting down at the bar, waving away the bartender and just training his eyes around for anything interesting. He watched, amused, as a bar fight broke out and he quickly tugged his purple cloak out of the way and smirked to himself. He kept his eyes and ears open for any interesting activity, and any interesting gossip that might be worth looking into...He closes his eyes.

((How should we all meet? I have no idea at the moment.))

Moonstone

Jude makes her way back to her room, to collect her thoughts, and plan. Flashes of death, black and red, appear in her mind. But nothing clear enough to get a real grasp on what it means. What will she do?

"My lady..." her servant speaks. Judith had been so lost in her thoughts that she had forgotten the girl with her. Jude looks at the girl expectantly. "I know the look you're wearing. If I may be so bold." The servant moves close to Judith, and whispers in her ear. "The other servants have been gossiping of an assassin while off duty. I can ask one of those who is trustworthy if they know more. Perhaps this assassin is your solution. If that's what you desire."

"Make it so."

The servant bowed. "If there's nothing else the lady needs, I will be right on my way."

Judith nodded, and the servant departed. A smile grew on Judith's lips. This was exactly the out she needed.

Judith packed a few essentials, and two sacks of coin, one for the assassin, and one for her travels. She also left a key to the family vaults on her desk. The servants would know what to do with it.
----------------------

A middle aged male servant snuck out into the night. He heard where the assassin was supposedly staying, and traveled to the location. The letter stated that the assassin could meet her employer at a nearby tavern for payment after the job was done. He also carried a few of his own coins for incentive, knowing he, too, would reap the rewards after the deed.

Last edited:

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
In the bar where Quill was located, in the far darkest corner of the room, a young woman sat, simply observing the chaos around her. It was hard to tell any distinguishing featuers, her black cloak covering most of her body and its hood shadowing her face. Despite this, she carried herself with confidence, the barest of condescending smirks resting on her lips. It seemed she was waiting. For what, no one could tell. Perhaps it wasn't even anything in particular, but there was definitely an air of anticipation hanging around this mysterious figure.

((...That was fun.))

Last edited:

Moonstone

A man dressed mundanely entered a tavern, letter tucked in his sleeve. He often left the estate, and was very comfortable on the outside, something few of the other servants where capable of, aside from running simple errands. A fight had broken out, and the servant dodged it easily, making his way to the bar. An interesting man dressed in purple was sitting there, interesting because the servant had never seen the man before. The servant kept his cool, not to draw that man's attention if he could help it.

He sat at the bar, and ordered a drink. He knew the bartender well, the two men nodded at each other. The servant slipped a coin across the counter to pay for his drinks. Under the coin was a folded note. The bartender discreetly took both, and headed away to fill other drinks. When the bartender returned, it was with two mugs of ale. The bartender nodded to a darkened corner of the room. "That young lady over there has had a rough night. Maybe you can lighten her mood with one of your famous stories and a drink."

The servant got the hint effortlessly. "Will do, friend. Seems everyone could use a bit of cheerin' up these days."

The servant made his way to Winnie's table. "Mind if I offer you a drink, m'lady?" And, more quietly, so only she could hear over the din of the crowd. "Perhaps I can make it worth your while."

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
The young woman's expression didn't change as this stranger came up to her, but her eyes did hold a slightly appraising look. She held that look a good long time, more than long enough to make the man uncomfortable, then silently nodded at the chair across from her. She'd listen to what he had to say. If his offer was worth her time, good for both of them. If not... Well, at least she still got to kill someone.

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
Quill opens his eyes, and his eyes finds the black-cloaked woman. He quirks a half smile as he sees the servant approach her, and twiddles his thumbs. It often amazed him to see what kinds of people showed up at this tavern, and the stories they told. He glances away and closes his eyes again, ears working to distinguish their conversation.

Moonstone

Her stare sent a chill down his spine. He'd seen brutality before, but this woman took absolute pleasure in the act of killing. That's what her eyes told him. Nonetheless, he had a message to deliver. He regained as much composure as he could, doing quite well for himself. He'd seen many things in his day.

He sat. "My mistress is in a rather... unpleasant situation." He passed the letter across, and a small bag of gold. "She'll pay you well after your perform your services for her."

The letter said only this;

We request the swift death to the Lord and Lady Zacharias. Their home is the northernmost manor in town. Spare their daughter, an auburned hair girl of 17, but any servants who get in your way are free to kill at your pleasure. You are to meet the daughter at the tavern in the center of town for the rest of your payment.

"Do we have an agreement?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom