• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Adventure of Link Serious Problem.

Demise

Army Strong
Me and my mom just got AOL on the virtual console and we are making a duo team, but like we will get a bunch of points saved up, then they will just dissapear? Like they just vanish. I'm wondering if anyone has had this problem or can know what to do about it.

What is a duo team?? Are you both using the same game file.

It's probebly one of two things:

1. You've built up your points and you've lost all three lives, once you die your experience points reset back to zero.

2. You've built up your points and you've "leveled up". Your magic, health or attack will level up and your experience points will reset back to zero.

Demise

Army Strong
What is a duo team?? Are you both using the same game file.

It's probebly one of two things:

1. You've built up your points and you've lost all three lives, once you die your experience points reset back to zero.

2. You've built up your points and you've "leveled up". Your magic, health or attack will level up and your experience points will reset back to zero.

Nah I found it out lol I guess moblins steal your XP, which I believe they are not supposed to but for use it does. Were doing the second dungeon now, and we take turns on deaths/dungeons.

Wow, out of all the years of playing this and I never knew enemies stole exp. I checked gamefaqs and It says a few different enemies do this. How are you enjoying this game so far? I know it has a bad reputation, but it is one of my favorites. I have played it since the NES days and it is still one of my favorites to run through whenever I get a Zelda itch and have to play one. There is a real sense of achievement when you finish this one, more so than others I say.

Demise

Army Strong
Wow, out of all the years of playing this and I never knew enemies stole exp. I checked gamefaqs and It says a few different enemies do this. How are you enjoying this game so far? I know it has a bad reputation, but it is one of my favorites. I have played it since the NES days and it is still one of my favorites to run through whenever I get a Zelda itch and have to play one. There is a real sense of achievement when you finish this one, more so than others I say.

Honestly at first I was disappointed killing Bots (the slime ball things) over and over to level up, but once we got the hang of it, it was all good, I found a good way to farm xp I was running through a cave over and over and running back to a town to get like 40 xp per trip and farmed a bunch of the skills, me and my mom took turns, until we were string enough to go to death mountain. But it's really challenging IMHO, you just have to have the right stats I think we are 6 6 6 now, and just started the third dungeon, I have been using ZELDA DUNGEON tho for the heart pieces and other items, but I never use walkthrough's for dungeons tho, only on how to get to them etc. I did the same thing for LoZ which I have almost beat, but I used ZD's guide for getting all the Items to progress to the next dungeons, etc. But It's a really fun game if you can accept defeat and get back up to grind some skills then go back and re-do something again. I think I'm most cool with it because I used to play Demon Soul's which is a very challenging game where you die a lot.

Zeldawolfsheik

Chief of Shiekah Tribe
I hate those nasty moblins! When you kill them, they dont even give xp! I love AoL dearly(join my fan club i my sig) but this point has made me not like it as much. I understand taking away xp after a gameover but that could be better if game overs didnt come so often. The xp stealing enemys could be a bit cooler if you like wiped out a hoard or something and gained xp. Especially those nasty tinsuits in the first dungeon. It may be hard, but not as difficult as people advertise

Demise

Army Strong
I hate those nasty moblins! When you kill them, they dont even give xp! I love AoL dearly(join my fan club i my sig) but this point has made me not like it as much. I understand taking away xp after a gameover but that could be better if game overs didnt come so often. The xp stealing enemys could be a bit cooler if you like wiped out a hoard or something and gained xp. Especially those nasty tinsuits in the first dungeon. It may be hard, but not as difficult as people advertise

Gotcha man joined your fan-club and thanks for the invite, and yea tinsuits are quite annoying.

Not sure if you know the easiest way to build up... read on if you want the cheat a little.

When you enter some dungeons there will be the statues right in front of the palace and if you hit them either a red potion or one of those armor guys will pop out. Do it so you get an armor guy, kill him, leave to the overworld screen, re-enter the palace and do it again. There is no limit as to how many times you can do this, a random item will always re-appear in the statue when you re-enter. You just cannot beat the palace first because it turns to stone once you are done and you cannot go back in.

I hope that makes sense.

That's a great tip Techy :)

To build levels early I usually go through a palace a couple of times (before defeating the boss) or go through death mountain. Of course not something a first time player would be too keen on doing!

Demise

Army Strong
Not sure if you know the easiest way to build up... read on if you want the cheat a little.

When you enter some dungeons there will be the statues right in front of the palace and if you hit them either a red potion or one of those armor guys will pop out. Do it so you get an armor guy, kill him, leave to the overworld screen, re-enter the palace and do it again. There is no limit as to how many times you can do this, a random item will always re-appear in the statue when you re-enter. You just cannot beat the palace first because it turns to stone once you are done and you cannot go back in.

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks man I actually noticed that, because my mom said you could kill them, but I hit one once and got a red Potion.

Clash

Super Melee Brawler

I hope that makes sense.
Dang. I wish I'd known about that earlier. Back to square one, I suppose.

I love this game. I leveled up to 5 5 6 before I attempted the 1st dungeon. This made the 1st dungeon quite easy. I was going to max my levels out before I started dungeon 1, but I figured I would want to get on with the game. I started level grinding when I found out about enemies stealing my xp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom