• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Sequel. Not a Direct One Maybe Similar to How Majoras Mask Worked. Spoilers.

So at the end of Twilight Princess the triforce of power left Ganon. How about two heroes have each piece of the triforce. I mean we wouldnt have two links but groose like character with obviouslymore screen time. Like an impa with a triforce of power but you know.... Not impa. Im pretty sure the triforce isnt limited to bad guys and din isnt evil even if she is devilishly sexy(see seasons)

I would like to see the familiar link and zelda set up but with another character or player as axle put it with their own triforce piece to contribute. The plot would most like prevent them from all being together or being able to combine their triforce peices.

Now if you to think about demise. Wether you accept it or not he is the predecessor to ganondorf. But ganondorf was only a threat because of his triforce abilities. So when a character like demise exists without the help of the triforce of power. A design on his sword doesnt signify anything ImO, but how about a new and menacing threat that rivals the power of the triforce. Which would require the triforce to be in the hands of three good guys.
Also due to the curse of demise that nintendo introduced the main villains are no longer limited to ganon.

To put it another way that fella from oracle of ages who rivaled link. Lets give him more screen time and the triforce of power.

Thoughts?
. I feel this would make a great idea for an upcoming title.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Well, if you ask me about a TP sequel, I would say something along the lines of the Twilight Realm becoming a region of Hyrule that anyone can go in and out of because the gods decided the twilis' prison sentence is up and dissolved the magic barriers. Whether or not this is because it would only last for so many years, or because Midna proved that her kind can interact with hylians peacefully, or they looked at Zant and don't want history to repeat itself, is up to interpretation. Maybe it was a bit of all three.

If this happens close enough to TP, and enough of the TP era twilis are still alive, one of them can look at the new hero and say "You remind me of the man who saved me from Zant's curse. Never got a chance to thank him...he left before the curse completely wore off and I could speak again." Would be cool, and then Nintendo would have another chance to develop them as a race. Because even though they were TP's main plot point, we still don't know much about them.

Your idea sounds neat too though, but I see one flaw: Arent TP and the Oracles too far from each other on the timeline? That rival guy wouldn't exist.

Well, if you ask me about a TP sequel, I would say something along the lines of the Twilight Realm becoming a region of Hyrule that anyone can go in and out of because the gods decided the twilis' prison sentence is up and dissolved the magic barriers. Whether or not this is because it would only last for so many years, or because Midna proved that her kind can interact with hylians peacefully, or they looked at Zant and don't want history to repeat itself, is up to interpretation. Maybe it was a bit of all three.

If this happens close enough to TP, and enough of the TP era twilis are still alive, one of them can look at the new hero and say "You remind me of the man who saved me from Zant's curse. Never got a chance to thank him...he left before the curse completely wore off and I could speak again." Would be cool, and then Nintendo would have another chance to develop them as a race. Because even though they were TP's main plot point, we still don't know much about them.

Your idea sounds neat too though, but I see one flaw: Arent TP and the Oracles too far from each other on the timeline? That rival guy wouldn't exist.

He was just an example. Show me another zelda game where link has a rival that is an anti hero but not a bad guy and somehow complicates the plot. That should clear up what I mean. In most zelda games you get a link a guide a princess and a bad guy.

You never really get another fella with as much courage or strength as link with a pair of weapons helping out with the monsters and dungeon crawling.

Also I like your idea. But I feel its too much if a direct sequel. And while I would love to see midna again if they just come back so easily it would ruin the ending of TP for me. So same world but years and years later and without the TP. I cant imagine fans would be happy to see. A rehash of the same plot.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Idk if it would be a rehash of TP's plot, but I really can't think of what the plot would be to make it different. And it doesnt really matter, we're not saying our ideas will actually be games...

As for the rival character, have you even played SS? Groose was the closest we've had to what you're describing. He didn't follow Link into dungeons or anything, but he did help out with a certain overworld boss.

Idk if it would be a rehash of TP's plot, but I really can't think of what the plot would be to make it different. And it doesnt really matter, we're not saying our ideas will actually be games...

As for the rival character, have you even played SS? Groose was the closest we've had to what you're describing. He didn't follow Link into dungeons or anything, but he did help out with a certain overworld boss.

I hear yah. Groose eh he was a self proclaimed rival. I didnt see him as a rival at all. Mmm

I think it sounds good but the only problem is the plot becomes more complicated. What I mean is you had ganondorf with power and you say him corrupt everything. Link with his courage and you fight everything, and Zelda with her wisdom.. and well we do not know what happen lol. But take that power away and make a 'free' villain and have a 'tied' power character and now the attention has to be divided by link character 'x' and Zelda and the villain. I don't think they could pull it off.

I personally do. I liked groose in SS and its like I said before this character with the triforce of power could sub out for impa or so. I mean he diesnt need to be as important as link. Just give him as much screentime as zelda if you know what I mean. Or rather a bit more than shiek from OoT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom