• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Seed Satchel & Shooter

Kybyrian

Since they are closely related, I am including both of these in one thread.

The different effects of each of the seeds and how you had to use them to get through different parts of the dungeons and other places on the outside world was great.

The Pegasus Seeds were pretty cool, having to use them to jump larger than normal gaps by running up and using Roc's Feather/Cape, what have you.

The ember seeds had a pretty cool use, having to burn down the trees and light torches, and in Oracle of Ages, using them to defeat the Candleheads.

Scent Seeds served as good distractions for whenever the time called for it and you were low on hearts or if you had a section in the dungeon where you needed to use it to have the enemy run off the edge of a platform and pretty much defeat itself.

The Gale Seeds were pretty cool, being able to go to certain points on the map, at least I believe that was the use, as I didn't really use them much, and being able to literally blow enemies away with them.

The Mystery Seeds were quite the mystery all right. They didn't have much of a specific use for anything but using them to get into Queen Ambi's Palace in Ages and using them to get advice out of the blue owls. If you were to use one on an enemy or just simply drop it it would have a random seed effect, though I'm not for sure if that applies to the Scent Seed effect. You could also use them to change Buzz Blobs into Cukeman, as I believe you can do in another game with Magic Powder.

Now to the Seed Shooter. A great item as well, especially how you had to use it in puzzles.

The Target Practice game with the Gorons in Ages was pretty fun, but challenging at times, especially if you were trying desperately to get the Boomerang like I was.

And having to angle it off of walls to hit switches, like the one that moves back and forth one of the dungeons and a Mini Moldorm is blocking it.

The Seed Shooter also helped whenever you were low on hearts and needed something to defeat enemies from a distance with just in case you would happen to need them, since most of the seeds would defeat the enemy.

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
Seed shooter: On my first play the the game for the first time, I got the Seed shooter and thought of it kinda like the slingshot, and I assumed that it would be replaced by the bow later on.
But I wasn't dissapointed when I realized there was no bow. The Seed shooter was a great item. I liked being able to bounce the seeds off walls to and figuring out the angle shots. It kinda reminded me of doing bank shots in a game of pool. :P And the Seed shooter mini-game was very fun, and I spent hours playing it. Definitely one of the more challenging mini-games. But come to think of it, OoA seemed to have a lot of hard mini-games.

Seed satchel: The seed satchel was very usefull to me in the game. And Tingle actually helps you by giving you the satchel upgrade... For free! Quite different from Tingle in Wind Waker. :P

I'm likin' all the OoA threads. It's about time we got some.

octorok74

TETTAC
I think all the different types of seeds were pretty neat. The seed shooter was a very handy item throughout the game. I liked how the Tokays wanted to try the ember seeds.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
What the seed satchel was, was pretty much a replacement for a bunch of other items. In some Zelda games there was a lamp or lantern that would light torches or burn things down. That was the ember seeds. In some games there were Pegasus boots to run faster, that was the Pegasus Seeds. In some games there was magic powder, that was the mystery seeds. The gale seeds acted as the game item that transported you around in a way, whistle in LoZ, Flute in Link to the Past, etc... The scent seeds I suppose were a bit different. Sorta similar to the bait from the original game I suppose.

The seed shooter on the other hand, was something quite new to the series. I loved all the puzzles with them and you actually used it quite often. Banking off several walls through small passages to hit a switch... always fun.

My only complaint is that other than the ember seeds, and perhaps the pegasus seeds on occasion, you rarely ever needed to use the specific types of seeds. The scent seeds in particular I think are only used once or twice in the whole game.

All in all, I think it's a cool addition and I liked how their was a bag of items you can use. Although I'd rather see a Lantern, Pegasus Boots, etc... More items is good, the satchel seem to...limit? the total items.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
What the seed satchel was, was pretty much a replacement for a bunch of other items. In some Zelda games there was a lamp or lantern that would light torches or burn things down. That was the ember seeds. In some games there were Pegasus boots to run faster, that was the Pegasus Seeds. In some games there was magic powder, that was the mystery seeds. The gale seeds acted as the game item that transported you around in a way, whistle in LoZ, Flute in Link to the Past, etc... The scent seeds I suppose were a bit different. Sorta similar to the bait from the original game I suppose.

The seed shooter on the other hand, was something quite new to the series. I loved all the puzzles with them and you actually used it quite often. Banking off several walls through small passages to hit a switch... always fun.

My only complaint is that other than the ember seeds, and perhaps the pegasus seeds on occasion, you rarely ever needed to use the specific types of seeds. The scent seeds in particular I think are only used once or twice in the whole game.

All in all, I think it's a cool addition and I liked how their was a bag of items you can use. Although I'd rather see a Lantern, Pegasus Boots, etc... More items is good, the satchel seem to...limit? the total items.

yeah, i have to agree with you on that... Also, the Gale seeds are useful if you're doing a 100% run on the game, to move from one way to another, due to sidequests, secrets, and Gasha seeding...

The Scent seeds were only necessary one time in each game.. In ages to kill a bunch of Ropes, and in Seasons, to kill a pair of sword Moblins

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
The seed shooter was sometimes difficult to use but they made some nice puzzles for it. My favorite seed must be the "pegasus" ones. i didn´t use the scent seeds that much and they are therefore my least favorite ones.

Yeah, like Mases said, most of them were just replacements of past items. But besides that, it turned each and every one of them into useful ranged weapons after you get the Seed Shooter/Slingshot.
I never really used the scent seeds except in those cases where you can lure an enemy towards a large pit, which only happened a couple of times throughout the whole game.
The ember seeds were basically just lanterns until you get the Seed Shooter, in which case they become awesome ranged weapons. Kind of like a flaming arrow, except it's a flaming.... seed =D.
The mystery seeds, like Mases said, were almost exactly like the magic powder of ALttP. It was cool experimenting with them to find out what enemies turn into, just like in ALttP.
The gale seeds were cool because of their double use as warp or effective weapon. The gale seeds warp you to any location that contains a seed tree, and there were plenty of those, so you can warp pretty close to your wanted destination.
The pegasus seeds were the least exciting I think. I suppose they were a little different than pegasus boots, because coupled with the Roc's Feather they allowed you to jump two squares.

The Seed Shooter was totally awesome though. Basically the same thing as using the seeds normally, except that it allows you to use them as ranged weapons. Enough said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom