• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Secret Santa- Come Check It Out! Sign-up OPEN

Hachi

Happy Valentines Day!
christmasstuff.png

What is Secret Santa?
It is a popular game where everyone playing is assigned to another player to make a gift for them, often played in office settings or in school classes, but also very playable online! You essentially become someones "Secret Santa" and have to make them a gift. The "secrete" part is what makes things fun- you won't find out who your Secrete Santa is or anyone else's until the game ends (date still being determined).

What kind of Gifts can you Give?
It can be anything as long as it was made by you specifically for this game. In other words, you can make a banner, write a poem, draw a picture, sing a song, Whatever you can think of (Be creative!), but it can't be something you created months ago for SoTW. Part of the fun is to do research on the person you've been assigned to and create a gift that will be meaningful to them. You may get someone you don't know at all, so it's going to be even more vital to check out their profile, read some of their posts, look at their signature and avatar to really find out what they like.

It also isn't restricted to Zelda themed and Holiday themed gifts, though if you want your more than welcome to go that route. :) But I can't emphises this enough, the finished product isn't as important as the effort put into making it personal. No matter how nice of a sig you can make, if it has a picture from the Wind Waker on it and your giftee's username is IHATETOONLINK, you haven't done enough research!

How do I Join?
All you have to do is simply post in this thread that you want to play! Make sure you make it very clear that your actually interested in playing; if the post is rather ambiguous- Example: "Hmm this looks like it might be fun." and that's it- you won't be put on the sign up list. If you have been skipped (Check the list below), please post again and I'll make sure to add you asap.

In about a week you'll get a PM with the name of your Secrete Santa and you can start getting to work right away. You will have about three weeks to get your gifts in once the PMs are sent out(Specific Date Pending) Remember do not tell anyone who your secrete Santa is, even if they are not in the game or not the person your assigned to.

Also please make sure you can go through with your promise to make a gift for someone else by the deadline. I'm well aware that finals are around the corner, so if you need an extension, please tell me as soon as possible before the deadline- not a week later. Pro Tip: Make sure you give yourself plenty of time to do the gift. Don't start working on it an hour before the deadline, if anything getting it in early so they can enjoy their gift during the holiday season!

Sign-up-List2.png

Sign-Up is closed and was open from November 24th- December 1st.
Late Sign-Up is still available, please see page 5 of the thread for more information.​
1. Jedizora
2. Butterbiscuit
3. SheikahWarrior
4. Beeker
5. Epwna
6. Ghosi
7. Keyshe
8. Din Akera
9. Axle the Beast
10. mandym287
11. Diablo
12. Master
13. knowlee
14. Majora'sMask98
15. TheHeroOfLime
16. Master Sword13
17. Magatha
18. Hero of Music
19. Petman1325
20, arkvoodle
21. Destiny
22. ComposerBrother
23. bigflyingpotato
24. Darknut
25. penguinboy82
26. TheSkywardSword
27. Cel-Shaded Deku
28. FirevsIce
29. TheGreen
30. mninja13​

extras.png

Wallpaper
What better way to celebrate the holidays
than a winter themed Zelda wallpaper?

1280x104 (Standard)

1600x1200 (Wide-Screen)

BANNER
If you think this is an awesome idea, please help to spread the word
by telling all your friends to join and adding this banner to your sig!

banner-1.png

HTML:
[url=http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?14913-Secret-Santa-Come-Check-It-Out!-Sign-up-OPEN&p=205508#post205508][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/zeldagirl/banner-1.png[/IMG][/url]

Just some Disclaimers
fairygreen.png

This Secrete Santa is not officially endorsed by Zelda Dungeon, and is simply something I'm doing for fun.
Please don't bug any staff about it, if you have any questions please post them here or contact me via PM.
All Images and Graphics are © Hachi/Chise/Hotaru/Whatever you want to call me.
Link and the Zelda series are © Nintendo o' course.

Last edited:

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
Yup, we do a Secret Santa every year at our school.
I'm not entirely sure that I can join yet, as I don't know if I have the equipment to make a gift.

Also, do you give your giftee only one gift or several over time?

Hachi

Happy Valentines Day!
You only give one gift, and you only get one gift. c: It's hard enough for some folks to deliver just one, anymore would be pushing it, aha.

And if you can type, you can join! > w< a short story, a poem, a song, graphics, whatever you guys can come up with. Last year I had someone assigned to a close friend of theirs, and they ended up writing this really sweet personal letter to them about their friendship. <3

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
I guess I can join, but if my stupid scanner- *whacks scanner* will cooperate, I will draw something. :D

Beeker

Wild Card
A Secret Santa? Awesome! I actually was thinking about doing this too!:sweat:

So definitely, count me in! Though I guess I would be one of those people who are tempted to make more than one gift... I'll hold myself back.:lol:

Ghosi

Schmetterling
Sounds good. I would like to sign up, but can you answer any questions I might have? For example on any way this "activity" will work. I'm in!!!

Last edited:

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
Hey I'd love to join Hachi (Chise, is that... you?=\) Vary fun and nice idea, I was already going to join one of these Secret Santa things on an art site I'm on, so why not another? ^^ More the merrier!

I love the winter wallpaper it's beautiful!:yes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom