• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Second Hunger Games Fanfic

Keyari

翼のエルフ
This is very dark indeed. I really did think it was the end for Chailyn there for a second. Shame really. I'm guessing that Rio, Chailyn, and Alec are still left right? Poor Quiro, I started feeling very sorry for him. And then he dies.

The end is near, and what to happen is still not to my guessing. It could be the win for any.

This is well detailed, enough so that the viewer can easily visualize what you're trying to say. That is amazing and I give you my applause for that. Keep up the amazing work Myriad, never put down this story, for it is too good to be left in the dust.

Great job!
~Ki

Go_Dark_Link

If there ever was one
I am so...shocked. I am loving this, and for the first time, I see a small hope for Alec. An extremely small hope, but something is something. This is almost over, now I can totally feel it. Amazing chapter, keep them coming!...oh and poor Quiro, at least he has to suffer no more.

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
This chapter is A LOT less dark (and long), I only had it to create suspense. :P

Rio Blackpoint
District 12

I hear the cannon sound, but I have no idea who it could be for. I'd been out of contact with any other tributes for days now, so I have no idea who is alive and who is dead. But there's three of us, I think. Me and two others. I have a strange feeling that one of them is Chailyn. Who could have guessed?

The reason I'd been out of contact for days was due to the crocodiles. I'd had to run into my hole, and remain there with what was left of my food supplies. I'd had to get out several times to get food, but I'd barely gotten away from the crocodiles. And I have no clue who's alive or dead. Could Chailyn have died? Quiro? Stella? Alec? I don't know.

I hadn't dared coming out of the hole during the anthem, in fear that the crocodiles might find me. I begin to climb out of the hole. Thurmal must have made this hole, I think. He seems the type. I chuckle a bit, and peek out of the cover. I quickly snap my head back down as I see the crocodile several feet away.

I peek out again, and then something strange starts to happen. There's a hovercraft coming down, and the fog is coming away. The crocodiles run away into it, and the fog vanishes. The hovercraft leaves, and vanishes into nothing. Why? I think. I knew that it was meant to draw the tributes together, so why diminish it?

I pale as I realize the truth. Oh joy, I think. Just great. For I understand why they've done this. They knew that I was hiding here. They knew that if they continued the mist, I'd just hide out there. Now that would be no fun, right? So they've decided to prevent my 'safety'from taking effect.

I have no choice. I sigh, and pick up my swords. The time has come to go to the Cornucopia.

Like I said, this chapter is REALLY short, but I only had it to connect the two days. The DAWN OF THE FINAL DAY will hopefully be tomorrow.

Keyari

翼のエルフ
A lot shorter, yes, but still just as interesting, and adds to the suspense. Another great chapter Myriad. Your detailing is very nice, and I can't wait till the Dawn of the Final Day tomorrow. Great job!
~Ki

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
It's almost over. Aw..... But who's going to win? It's anyone's guess. I'm half expecting Rio and Alec to team up against Chailyn. But I forget... Has Rio killed anyone?

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
The last day.....be prepared......

Final Day: Day 13

Chailyn
District 10

I smile as I see Alec coming up to the Cornucopia, no doubt wanting to eliminate me for my previous escapades, where I killed many tributes. "Hello," I say calmly, acknowledging his presence. He growls. "Chailyn. I was hoping I'd find you here." I chuckle. "Coming here means accepting death, Alec. You wish to die, right here and now? Well, I can oblige."

I pull out my knife. It makes a scraping noise against the scabbard. Alec sighs. "No, I am not prepared to die, but, seeing as you give me no choice in the matter, I might as well." He unsheathes his sword, and goes into a ready position. I twirl my knife a bit, throw it up into the air, and catch it. "Ready?"

Before we commence attack on each other, I hear a rustling noise. I turn to see Rio walking through the prairie toward the Cornucopia. He comes over to where we are fighting, and he breathes deeply. Great. I get to kill both tributes remaining at the same time. I take Alec's moment of distraction to lunge at his throat.

Rio Blackpoint
District 12

Alec reacts quicker than I could have thought possible, and raises his sword to block Chailyn's lunge. Chailyn changes course, pulling out her second knife and charging at me. I barely have time to unsheathe my swords before the attack hits. I block, and force her back again. Alec charges at Chailyn, and does a combination of wild, random attacks.

Chailyn seems to block or dodge every single one. I slash with one of my sowrds, at the same time Chailyn and Alec do. Our blades meet, and we end up in a lock, all three of us. I look at Alec. "We could team up against her," I say. Alec looks at me with an expression of pity. "If....if it had been earlier in the Games, possibly. But.....here....it won't make any difference."

And with that he breaks out of the lock and charges at me. I block, and Chailyn takes her opportunity to attack, forcing us both back. We trade blows against one another, never breaking the others' defenses, but never getting hurt ourselves. I hack viciously at Chailyn, but she blocks every one. Our fight begins to move into the swamp.

Chailyn stabs at me, but I step back, causing her to stumble. Alec takes his chance and slashes at her. She screams as the sword slashes her wrist. The results make me think that it might have punctured a vein. She growls and continues. Alec slashes at me, but I block with one sword, and slash at him with the other. Chailyn slashes at the two of us, forcing us back even more.

Alec does an overhand cut at Chailyn, who dodges, and counters with a double stroke with her two knives parallel to each other. He dodges, and I take my opportunity to slash at Chailyn. She blocks with one knife, and stabs with the other. I use one of my swords to knock it aside, and I counter with another stroke.

Alec unleashes in a wild frenzy at Chailyn, who blocks and steps back. Alec continues to follow her, and then she turns and spin kicks him down a slope. I take my chance to attack, forcing her back. We continue to fight, trading blows, but neither of us drawing blood. How long that will last, I don't know.

She knees me in the stomach, making me kneel over. At that moment, Alec climbs up and is visible. Before he can do anything, the knife is out of Chailyn's hand, flying through the air. It buries itself in his chest, and he gasps. He then falls down the slope and out of sight. The cannon sounds. Poor guy.

Chailyn turns back to me. I right myself and block her slash just in time. She starts to press me back, taking my advantage away from me. I then jump to a nearby tree, and begin to climb. I climb up until I reach a branch I can safely stand on. Chailyn unstraps her bow from her back, notches the arrow, and fires.

I sidestep behind the tree trunk, and the arrow lands in it. I jump from branch to branch, with a trail of arrows following me. Finally, one of the arrows reaches its target. It hits my leg, making me lose balance, and fall. I land with a thud on the ground. Chailyn throws down her bow and attacks with her knife.

She continues to drive me back. I catch one of her strokes on my blade, and then she flicks it, causing the blade to spin out of my hands. I attack with my other sword, but she easily blocks and continues driving me back. Eventually, we reach an outcrop of rock overlooking a bog about ten feet above the bog. She attacks, and sends my blade clattering to the bog below.

She raises her knife to point at me triumphantly. I glance down at the bog. It's only ten feet away. I might survive if I were to jump......Before I can, Chailyn pulls out something from her pocket and smiles. It's a vial. She unstoppers the lid and throws the vial into the bog below.

"What did you just do?" I ask. She smiles coldly. "Remember those snake muttations? Let's just say, ah, I kept a bit of their poison." She points to the cut on my leg. "If you jump," she says. "There is no possible way you will survive. The poison will travel into your blood, and kill you. Utterly." I look at her with horror. What human being would do such a thing?

She twists the knife blade a bit, and her grin widens. "Choose your fate. Die by knife, or die by poison. Your choice." I look at her in anger. "Knife then," I say defiantly. She frowns, as if she expected something a bit more dramatic. However, she seems to mentally shrug, and then slashes at me.

I catch her wrist, and try to wrestle the knife out of her grip. She yells, and tries to push me back off the outcrop. She's much stronger than me, so much stronger. I look down to see the rock cracking. I know what I must do. I let go, and jump to the side, and Chailyn screams as she plummets into the bog.

"No, no, NO!" she yells, staring in horror at her wrist, the place where Alec cut her. Her own idea of a sick game had backfired. Instead of killing me, it killed her. I back up, and retrieve the one sword, and try not to listen to Chailyn's screams. I think the reason the poison took less time to affect her than the others was because the cut in her wrist went down to the vein, causing the poison to spread faster.

I collapse and rest, closing my eyes, trying to avoid the sound of Chailyn's screams. Eventually, she falls silent, and the cannon sounds. The hovercraft comes down and picks her up, and the ladder comes down. I can't believe it. I've won. Just imagine what Mare.....I cut off my thought. I close my eyes, and the events in the Arena flash before my eyes.

I wish I could forget them.

Last edited:

Keyari

翼のエルフ
And so this part of the series has come to an epic end. Rio has won. (I know you're happy MS13)

Throughout this story, you have kept a good amount of detail, style, creativity, and knowledge in your writing. Very, very good job. I can't wait to read the next part in the series, for I know, it will be just as good. Great job Myriad, you should be proud of yourself.

~Ki

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
Da epilogue.

Ilio Vazon
Head Gamemaker

I let out my breath after the crowning ceremonies are done with. The media wouldn't budge though, determined to hear the tragic story of how Rio's brother had died, and his brother had brought him back to recognition. Stubborn fools. There was also a lot of hype about Quiro, about his changes, and they tried to determine what caused it.

They failed, I think. They failed miserably. For the past two years, after the scoundrel who invaded my house implicated me and my family when he was discovered, I had been afraid someone would recognize me. My fears had come to pass during my meeting with Quiro. I seem to remember him having a thing for my youngest daughter.

I wince. Don't think about it. I'm shaken out of my thoughts when Soren Blackpoint, who had unintentionally revamped my search for my daughter, comes up to me. "Knock knock," he says. I look at him. "What is it this time?" I ask. He points toward the corridor, which a lot of people are running down toward the control room.

"President Snow's called a meeting," he says. I stare at him. "President Snow?" He rolls his eyes. "Yes. President Snow. Were you so busy running your little Games that you never stopped to check who the new President's going to be after our last one got killed by tainted food?" I just stare at him. President Snow, the previous president's murderer?

"So, what's the meeting about?" I ask. He shrugs. "I dunno. Ask him yourself. Come on!" He runs down the hallway, and I follow. We reach the control room, a grey room with terminals everywhere and a blank screen covering an entire wall. President Snow is standing there with his ginormous bodyguard, I think his name was Hail.

"What's the big idea?" someone yells at Snow. "Why did you bring us here?" Snow looks grimly up at the screen. "Show them." The screen comes to life, and I step back a bit. It's my home. District 2. The Peacekeeper's Academy has burned down. The fire is still blazing. Snow looks grimly at us all. "Earlier today, someone came into District 2. He attacked the Peacekeeper's Academy and burned it down to the ground."

"How do you know this?" someone else yells. Snow looks at the technician. "Show them the message." The screen changes to show a man in a black coat, with grey hair and an impassive expression. "Panem," he says, and his voice booms around the room. "Capitol. Snow. You may think you are invincible. But you are not. I have proven such right now, and you can't hide the truth from the people. You are weak. And you will lose."

He pauses for a second, and continues. "Snow, you know who I am, and where I come from. I've been a needle in your country's side since before you were born. And after you were born. You are weak. Pathetic. And I have just proven it." The screen flashes blank. For some reason, that guy seems kind of familiar......

Snow's voice snaps me back to reality. "We must deal with the matter of rebuilding District 2, and move on. There is no possible way to cover something that big up. We accept it, and then do the best they can." He looks at us all, moving around. His eyes stay at me a little longer than everyone else.

"You are dismissed." We all leave, grumbling. All except me. I pretend to leave, but then double back to the door, out of sight of Snow and Hail, but within earshot of them. "Why didn't you tell them where he came from?" a low grumbling voice asks. Snow's voice answers, "Xenophocus, if you were me, why would you uninstall information in them that has been there all their life? No, much better to tell them only of his existence."

"Even so....." "Xenophocus, please. We'll discuss this later. Let's go." I run so that they don't see me. I run until I reach my quarters. I am confused, so confused. Why does that man seem familiar? I don't know. No matter what I say, matter what I am, I had told Quiro. But I ask myself this question. What am I?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom