• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ScrewAttack's Top 10 Franchises That Need to Die

Do you guys agree with this video? Here is my opinion.
10. In all honesty, I don't give a damn about this series.
9. Never played it.
8. See 10
7. Should've been #1
6. To a certain degree. However I will admit that these games are fun even though they are pretty much the same, however this series shouldn't be on this list since they aren't annoying.
5. See 6
4. Are you kidding me? Just because it has a complex story, this series should die off? I own 3 games and I understand the story.Plus, from what I've seen, the games still look awesome. This series should not be on this list at all.
3.Should've been #2 and see 8
2. I haven't played too many games from this series even though there are a lot of games. If the developers could go back to their roots but at the same time keep making the games stand out, then this series will be ok.
1. Not a fan of this series but I don't hate it. Sure the games are overrated and I don't think the games are as good as everyone says they are but this series shouldn't be on this list.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
10. This is just stupidity. I feel bad that there are sheep who would gladly pay money for this flash game. And people say Call of Duty is the same thing everytime. (Angry Birds)
9. This series is amazing and never should be dead. (Dynasty Warriors)
8. The GBA series was the prime of any of this series. Rather than make huge versions for big consoles, keep these on handhelds. (LEGO Series)
7. I love CoD. I don't want it to die. Ever. It's better than the majority of games that are released these days. (CoD)
6. Sadly, I have to agree with the death of Budokai. I loved Budokai 1. Everything afterwards got obsessive. (DBZ)
5. Agreed, unless I could get a mod or something where I can upload all of my own songs via iPod or something (DDR)
4. Kingdom Hearts is a great series...but we need KH3. Don't give me anymore bullpoo like Birth by Sleep or Dream Drop Distance. Just give me KH3. (Kingdom Hearts)
3. Yes. No one plays Madden, people play football in real life. (Madden)
2. FF is absolutely amazing. Even though I hate XIII, it was great as well. XIII-2 has the BEST villain I have ever known. XII was the greatest FF and is the greatest FF in my opinion. (Final Fantasy)
1. OMG NUU DIS HAZ STORYZ COD DUSN HALO GUUD (Halo...and no, I was joking. Halo needs to die. CoD 4ever)

10. Angry Birds - I'm not a huge fan of the series, I got sick of the original game after a week, but they've done a good job of changing things up with the sequels, and it's still popular as hell. Plus it's free, so you can't really complain
9. Dynasty Warriors - I've only played one game in the series on the PS2 and I enjoyed it. I do remember a ton of sequels coming out right after another. Haven't really paid any attention to newer installments.
8. LEGO series - Have never played any of the games
7. Call of Duty - Definitely needs to change it up. The engine is outdated and Battlefield 3 has overtaken it. Black Ops 2 is a step in the right direction
6. Dragon Ball Z - Totally agree. As big of a fan of Dragon Ball I used to be, I haven't played a single game that was good, or even decent. I'm surprised they are still making DBZ games after all these years.
5. Dance Dance Revolution - Didn't even know they were still making DDR games
4. Kingdom Hearts - Agree, the series went downhill after the original. Roxas, Organization XIII and the other horrible original characters ruined this series. The series needs to go back to its roots. Too many side games too.
3. Madden - Agree. They should release games less frequently and update the games with DLC instead of new releases. Also sucks that they are the only NFL game option now, I miss the 2K series. Also the Madden Curse continues to strike poor football players.
2. Final Fantasy - AGREE. Final Fantasy XIII was the only FF game I couldn't bring myself to finish. Really made me lose interest in the series. Even though XIII-2 has gotten good reviews, I have no interest anymore. They should focus on the online games.
1. Halo - Agree. I loved the series as much as anybody, but Bungie left it at a satisfying conclusion. Halo 4 really feels like a money grab.

I SO disagree for Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy.Kingdom Hearts is great,the complex story is one of the reason why its so good and it has a great gameplay.As for Final Fantasy,I agree that it messed up after FFX,but that doesn't mean it should die,they could easily return to the classic gameplay that we all loved,all they have to do is to realise that people want to see the original gameplay and we don't care about MMOs,look at Sonic the Hedgehog,the serie messed up after Sonic Adventure 2 (I'm not actually agree,but that's what fans think),but it came back with Sonic Colors and Sonic 4.I'm sure we'll get something good at FFXVII or FFXX(I hope so).

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I was completely agreeing with everything they said, until they mentioned Halo. I will agree it has been a 'cash cow' recently, but there are plenty of worse cases.

Last edited:

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
*ahem* Anyone else laugh that Sonic wasn't on the list? XD I Mean, I know why he's not but seriously, he should've at least be number 10.

Sonic has made a comeback in recent games, being good, original and leaning towards its roots.

I'm iffy about this list. I mean the I've not seen eye to eye with screwattack in a long time and this is no exception.

10. I've never played Angry Birds but I've seen others get a huge kick out of it. People like what they like and to say that you don't think something is worth the hype just because its simple.
9. Only played one, but can't really give an opinion. I liked the one I played.
8. No. I don't play them, but the legos series is a good series. Its a new spin on games and it works. It should not be stopped just because there are more serious games with the same characters in it.
7. CoD is fun, but I hate its concept. CoD gamers tend to be opposite of us Zelda fans. We need new and innovative and fantastic graphix are the last thing we (most of us) look for. CoD gamers want more of the same with better graphix. I don't gripe about it too much, but I do agree that it should die. (But people like it, so they're gonna sell it.)
6. I stopped caring about DBZ games after Tenkaichi 3. The latest one though is... just... *calms self down*. I REALLY loved the series but they didn't need anymore after Tenkaichi 3. The only thing that should've been done was a remake of 3 with perhaps a better story and more characters.
5. I didn't know they still made DDR.
4. Disagree. I've only played 1 and 2, but I've heard good stuff about the spin-offs. This series does not need to die, its doing well.
3. Don't care to even discuss. Its a realistic sports game, you can't stop it nor really improve on it.
2. Don't know enough to comment. I can say I didn't like XIII.
1. Disagree thus far. May agree later. (Also disagree with what they said about Pirates of the Carrabean, but that's another story)

Last edited:
Each game made the list for different reasons. The franchises listed are not necessarily bad games; there are just too many of them (sequels and such), and they have either changed too drastically - veered away from their roots, or their formulas/plots have been worn thin.

Anyway, I agree for the most part, especially in regards to Kingdom Hearts - among my favorite series. There are WAY too many side games. The series' plot has a deep and complex story, and with each game comes more questions that are never answered, until a yet another sequel (or sidestory), of course. The series needs to cut to the chase already; it needs more focus.

The only thing I can frankly disagree on is the Final Fantasy franchise. Each game is different, stands on its on, and continues to innovate the [J]RPG genre. Final Fantasy shouldn't die and I don't think it will die anytime soon, fortunately.

People want Kingdom Hearts III for the sole reason of it being named Kingdom Hearts III. Hell, if Dream Drop Distance was thrown on to consoles and named Kingdom Hearts III, nobody would complain. These "side games" are stories needed to flesh out the universe and anybody who jumps from Kingdom Hearts II to Kingdom Hearts III is going to be immensely confused because of their own ignorance of the series.

videogamenerd10

Indigo Child
10. I don't get why this series is so popular.
9. Wait, there's been 7 of these games???? Why do they keep being made?
8. This series was made in order for some scenes from some movies that may have been a bit inappropiate and make those scenes child-friendly. But yes, this series is pretty dumb.
7. The only reason I hate this series is the people who play them.
6. Never played this series.
5. WHY SO MANY GAMES???????
4. Haven't played this series.
3.They release each game every year and it's just the same game except with better graphics and added features.
2. Absolutely true
1. Why did they even make a 4th one?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
People want Kingdom Hearts III for the sole reason of it being named Kingdom Hearts III. Hell, if Dream Drop Distance was thrown on to consoles and named Kingdom Hearts III, nobody would complain. These "side games" are stories needed to flesh out the universe and anybody who jumps from Kingdom Hearts II to Kingdom Hearts III is going to be immensely confused because of their own ignorance of the series.

Sounding a bit like KMA, Le_Derpstick, Hiro and so many regulars. KH3D being on console and being called KH3 would attract so much hate, because that game like the rest of the non KH1-CoM-KH2 games have done nothing but brought up questions, rather than answering the already existing questions. Why the hell is time travel now a variable in Kingdom Hearts? Nomura's storytelling has gotten worse ever since he released BBS. We need the conclusion to the Xehanort Saga that is KINGDOM HEARTS III, no more side games which really are just cash cow work in progresses. Blah blah blah "BBS is KH0" blah blah blah. The game is a spin off. There was no incentive for BBS to be released besides that amazing KH2FM secret trailer. There was nothing else to be explained, really, except for who Roxas and Namine were. We pretty much got that in Days, but then they introduced Xion so they could keep making more games of stupidity. The series got truly convoluted what with Terra, Aqua and Ven. And now time travel in KH3D. Whenever KH3 releases, I'll be happy. But of course, that won't be for a while because Nomura has yet another game in production and of course FFVersusXIII still hasn't released. *gasps for air*

10. Don't care about this game series and think that it's overhyped bull****.
9.Never played this series. I don't really have an opinion one way or the other.
8. YES!!! I hate lego games!!! I tried the Harry Potter one and thought it was stupid!!
7. Never played it, not a fan of FPS games. Hate the fanboys though.
6. Yes! I would also like to add every Naruto game out there as well!
5. I have to agree. DDR died when they put a remix of a Hillary Duff song in the game.
4. Exactly what I thought after BBS! I completely regret buying any KH game after KH2.
3. I was never big on sports games, but any interest I had died when EA started doing games like this.
2. The FF series died when the creator left SE. FFX was okay.., didn't play FFXI, HATED FFXII, didn't care for FFXIII either. I finally learned that I will NEVER buy another FF game.
1. I never played the Halo series (see #7), but even I said WTF when I saw the announcement of Halo 4.

R

RelentlessMuse

10- Angry Birds: I've tried playing it a few times, and while it's amusing for five minutes when I have to waste time.... I think it should just stop already. Isn't one enough?

9- Dynasty Warriors: Okay, I'll admit it, I really enjoy hack-and-slash games. But I also really enjoy where they switch it up and add new game dynamics. Dynasty Warriors has not done that. I got bored pretty fast.

8- Lego Series: I haven't played them... wait, no, I've played Lego Rockband 2. *sigh* Despite that, I do agree with their commentary.

7- Call of Duty: Yes. Please. I love using the tomahawk. It's fun, it's different. But the games are all so... the same. I'd rather play any other FPS out there (*cough* Gotham City Imposters *cough*).

6- Dragon Ball Z: Never liked DBZ, so I've never played the games.

5- DDR: *headdesk* (that is all)

4- Kingdom Hearts: I tried playing KH and KH2, and I could never really get into it. Maybe it's because I've never liked Disney.

3- EA Sports Games: ugh. They bore me.

2- Final Fantasy: I like this series. A lot. However, they have slid steadily downhill. Personally, I like the old ones best (1-6), but some of the newer ones were fun. Some of the spin-offs were even fun (mainly Crisis Core).

1- Halo: Oh, Halo... I don't really have an opinion either way about this game. I enjoyed 1, 2, and 3. I even used to be on a team for tournaments for 2 (wasn't that good). At some point, I just stopped playing them. Meh.

Sounding a bit like KMA, Le_Derpstick, Hiro and so many regulars. KH3D being on console and being called KH3 would attract so much hate, because that game like the rest of the non KH1-CoM-KH2 games have done nothing but brought up questions, rather than answering the already existing questions. Why the hell is time travel now a variable in Kingdom Hearts? Nomura's storytelling has gotten worse ever since he released BBS. We need the conclusion to the Xehanort Saga that is KINGDOM HEARTS III, no more side games which really are just cash cow work in progresses. Blah blah blah "BBS is KH0" blah blah blah. The game is a spin off. There was no incentive for BBS to be released besides that amazing KH2FM secret trailer. There was nothing else to be explained, really, except for who Roxas and Namine were. We pretty much got that in Days, but then they introduced Xion so they could keep making more games of stupidity. The series got truly convoluted what with Terra, Aqua and Ven. And now time travel in KH3D. Whenever KH3 releases, I'll be happy. But of course, that won't be for a while because Nomura has yet another game in production and of course FFVersusXIII still hasn't released. *gasps for air*

I don't recall time travel ever being a factor in the Kingdom Hearts series. (Although, I haven't spoiled DDD for myself so it may come into play there.) And if it popped up, I would have no problem with it. Plus, calling BBS a spin-off is laughable. People would have no idea who the hell Xehanort was if it wasn't for that game.

And what exactly is the problem with these games? When I buy a Kingdom Hearts game, I can always expect a great (Albeit mildy convoluted) story, fantastic music, and fast-paced battles while I run around in my favorite Disney Worlds facing bosses, and that's exactly what I'm getting with these games so, really, what the hell is the problem people have?

When people discuss Kingdom Hearts, it's like all they see is a giant script their tiny minds fail to understand because they either don't have the time, patience, and/or money to keep up with the series.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
10. Angry Birds - It's fun for an hour or two but we don't need 4 games. The first was enough.
9. Dynasty Warriors - I haven't played much of this but it never appealed to me.
8. LEGO series - The first 2 were enjoyable but now Tt games is making horrible games that are so bad compared to the originals. The only reason people keep playing is to see the entertaining cutscenes that are no longer very original.
7. Call of Duty - The video said it all. The game hasn't changed and the fanboys are as annoying as ever.
6. Dragon Ball Z - I liked GBA titles but after that they turned into crap for Bandai to make money on.
5. Dance Dance Revolution - WAY to many games and Dance Central is much better. DDR has way overstayed its welcome
4. Kingdom Hearts - These were so good but the spin-off ruined it. The series doesn't need to die it just needs to go back to its roots.
3. Madden - I hate Madden. I want games like NFL Blitz again. Madden is like CoD, you get a "new" game every year and nothing really changes and it honestly gets old really fast.
2. Final Fantasy - The originals were fun but Square Enix has no idea what they are doing. They are throwing stories together as well a buch of preschoolers on a caffeine high. I would like it to go bak to SquareSoft and Enix again. They had better games when they weren't working together with a few exceptions like FFVII.
1. Halo - The trilogy was great and it should have ended there. They should have created a whole new Trilogy way in the future. Although, I did enjoy playing halo Reach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom