• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Scariest Thing in Zelda?

In TP playing it the 1st time it was 1:00 in the morning , i was near completion of that Snow house temple thingy and When Yeta Went all Crazy on me " DO NOT TAKE MIRROR!" Freaked me out, In OOT I found Dead hand creepy but not all scarry, but the One thing that Really freaked me out was in SS, going through the silent realm triles.. Nintendo, you know how to fool the audience with your E for everyone rating.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
1.) Redeads in Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker. The Redeads are just freakin' scary (especially in OoT). They stop you in your tracks, by letting out a horrendous shreak, and then jump on top of you and eat your brains.....

2.) The bottom of the well in Ocarina of Time (freaked me out as a kid). Needs no description.

3.) The Wallmaster in the Twilight Palace when you're carrying the orbs. I hated running from that creepy hand.

The things that I was most scared of kind of follow a pattern: big scary things in the water. So Gyorg from Majora's Mask and Morpheel from Twilight Princess really irked me since that kind of thing freaks me out... but it does somehow make the fights more exhilarating, since I'm tense when fighting those. Another thing in that same vein of thought would be those... things at Pinnacle Rock in Great Bay in Majora's Mask. They bothered me so much as a kid that I seriously stopped playing the game and didn't finish it until last year. I just don't like freaky things in the water. The only other thing that I can say I found scary would be the skulltulas, but that's because I'm just scared of spiders in general (the way spiders move, in particular, really, really irks me).

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
The two things I've found scary in any Zelda game are both found in the water. The first would be the Deep Pythons in Pinnacle Rock from Majora's Mask. They're just... creepy! :c

And the second... SEAHATS. I see them staring out at me from my boat... AND EVEN FROM MILES AWAY, THEY START COMING AFTER ME! THEY'RE GIGANTIC AND WON'T GIVE UP! I'M NOT FAST ENOUGH TO GET AWAY SOMETIMES! THEY'RE HORRIBLE! DX

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Hmmm...

Zant's screech thing, the Ilias falling at the end of that cutscene in TP and Deadhand in OoT

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
The Redeads in Twilight Princess!!! They scared the crap outta me soooo much the first time I played that game! They were the reason I almost just stopped playing the game in the Arbiter's Grounds! Of course, I was a newb to serious gaming at the time and it was my first Zelda title I played, so I was kinda wimpish too :/

ReDead is the traditional cliche experience. They left a lasting impression on me as a child but I'm rather unimpressed nowadays. The moon from Termina is in the back of my mind for consideration, however, the top spot definitely goes to Dead Hand from Ocarina of Time's well and Shadow Temple. If its countenance isn't creepy enough then the fact that its arms are separate appendages makes me shiver. This is similar to my behavior towards centipedes, millipedes, and the like in real life. They are so biologically different from humans that seeing the hairy multi legged organism creeps me out.

images

#4 ReDeads/ Wallmasters!
#3 Everything related with the Shadow Temple (OoT)!!
#2 The Moon in MM!!!
#1 Being the 1st time in a Silent Realm!!!! x.x

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Whats the scariest thing you encountered while playing a Zelda game?

You know when you are 5 years and pull back a gravestone and jump down the hole and there is a fairly innocent brown man down there and you go up to him and he rapes you to death!

I was terrified of those Redeads from that moment forward.

triforce_power

One of the Sheikah
easy

TP Skulltulas (they look almost like real spiders(except for the skull) but bigger 0.o gave me the shivers)
ReDeads/Gibdos try to kill them and THEY R*** YOU *avoids them until shadow temple, realizing you have to kill them if you wanna get out of the room 0.o*
DEADHAND (ok yeah, pile of bloody, unnaturally pale white flesh with dozens of hands around it that grab you as the main body bites your head off)
..and all of the bottom of the well in OoT

ZeldaFAYZ6251

Twilight Princess Lover
Dead Hand when I played it when I was like 4, I was freaked out when the hands grabbed and he was slowly coming towsrds me. I was like pressing buttons frantically and almost broke the control. Bottom of the Well in general maybe because of the feel it had, not a normal one that's for sure. Also those floating ahnds that if you are not careful take you away. When I was a kid they came at random times and scared the heck out of me. Now everytime I go into a dungeon or anywhere (except outside) I keep looking at the floor. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom