• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Save Statues Aren't Bad if Done Right

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
People have been complaining about the save statue system in Skyward Sword. People need to realize that it isn't even like Majora's Mask's saving system. You have 2 options when saving from them. Save and Save and Quit. The option to 'save' makes it completely different to Majora's Mask because at statues you could only Save and Quit.

Another thing I've noticed from videos is that these save statues are absolutely everywhere! Randomly in the Overworld, Outside dungeons and heck, they're even inside of dungeons!....

thing.JPG

I'd say the ones in dungeons only save, not return you to the skies.

So, seriously, people who are worried, chill out! I'm sure Nintendo will have plenty of these throughout the overworld, and stop comparing them to MM. So, are you one who is worried about the statues? If so, tell me why after showing you some evidence that it won't be that bad.

I think these are regular save statues, it can only save and save and quit, but not get you to the Sky.

I believe that GI preview did mentioned saving statues inside of dungeons, didn't it?

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I think these are regular save statues, it can only save and save and quit, but not get you to the Sky.

I believe that GI preview did mentioned saving statues inside of dungeons, didn't it?

If there are save statues inside Dungeons, I hope hope you can also save manually and that takes you back to the beginning (like in TP, but only if needed), or you can stop your game at one of the statues and start back there once you get back into it.

Also, Minish, I believe we're mostly worried about having to be told to get off early (I know I have been). Imagine playing for five hours straight, gaining a lot of ground than you could ever have hoped for, and a parent walks in, claiming it's time to get off. You protest, but he/she is absolutely serious since you were on it so long. Reluctantly, you shut it off, shuffle around some in silent anger, and later disregard it. But second attempts at the same areas (Not entire playthroughs of the game <_<) are not fun as going the first time through, because they take away from the experience and make you more impatient to get to the other side.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
AH HA! The normal Save Statues in the overworld have a bird on top of them, much like the statue your trying to catch in the Brid Rider's ceremony. The ones we've seen in the dungeons don' have this though, so I think they will be used just for saving, and not sending you back up the the clouds, you know, because you'd crash into the ceiling and die :D

I guess that the whole save statue thing won't be so bad if SS has a lot more than MM had. I think that MM only had like 8 or 9 save statues.

Zeldawolfsheik

Chief of Shiekah Tribe
l agree with this totally. Most people hate save statues because they think of MM and the Three day cycle. three reasons I, LOVE save statues. i am a fanatic for them. When i saw the m in SS i screamed and spazzed out.

1. They encourage you to explore each new area. Just like heart pieces. Except you really want to find save statues in case you have to get off.

2. They are a different way to play. If you want a different style, it just feels fresh.

3.It makes you want to play the game more. An excuse to yourself or parent to keep going.

GO SAVE STATUES!

E

Elli

Okay this is a big relief for me! I thought the save statues would be like majora's mask, but i guess not. I personally have no problem with the save statues if they set up the way we speculate.

I also do not understand why people make such as issue about the save statues. I actually like the fact that you have to save at a certain place, because that means that you also will load at that place. For example, in OOT you could save anywhere you wanted, but the location you where spawned at when loading was either at your house, the temple of time or the entrance of the temple in which you saved. Now with SS you will probably be spawned at exactly the statue at which you saved the game. Isn't that nice?

Big Octo

=^)
It doesn't actually sound like all that bad of an idea to me as well.

As you pointed out, an important improvement is the option to save and continue, much unlike Majora's Mask's Owl Statues, which required one to quit after saving. I'm personally happy with this, as it encourages me to explore an area aster a save. And, as you pointed out as well, they seem to be common, so worrying about finding a statue won't be such a hassle.

geek4887

The Unknown
Well, I wonder why Nintendo use this "Checkpoint" type save system. I'm sure it might have some influence later in the story. Just like Majora's Mask. Anyways, as long as those save statues are on obvious places, then I'm fine with that, if they're hidden/there aren't so many of them, then I will HATE Nintendo. But, anyways, that was sorta weird :sweat:. I'm sure that the save system won't be that tedious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom