• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rural or Urban

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
Yesterday while I was bored out of my mind I decided to comapare new and old Pokémon. During this, I got to the comparisons between Johto and Unova. Johto and Unova are drastically different regions. They share almost no similarities at all.

What it boiled down to was this: Johto is very rural, and Unova is very urban. Then I got to thinking about which of these is best suited for a Pokémon game. But instead of just answering myself, I'm bringing the question to you guys! What do you think is better suited for a Pokémon game, a rural countryside environment or a bustling urban environment?

Skunk

Floof
A more rural environment seems better for the actual Pokemon in Pokemon games, as though they can exist in towns and cities, it's more interesting to see them in a natural habitat. Also, you can do a ton with different environments, and make exploration pretty interesting in them.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
I prefer the rural environments, but I think Pokemon games with urban and city areas are pretty neat too. Finding some wild pokemon in a back alley or within trash cans would be kinda neat to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom