• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

RPG Tips?

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Chrono Trigger, Pokemon or Fire Emblem.

Dont know if you would like Fire Emblem. Its a turn based Strategy RPG.

Upcoming Xenoblade looks also awsome.

Ryuyasha

Dragon Demon
ONE VERY IMPORTANT THING I'VEW LEARNED FROM PLAYING RPGS. Never put all your stats into your HP. You may have a lot of health but you won't last long or get anywhere because you need attk,def,mana,crit,luck,e.t.c. Save regularly. Usually in RPGs if you die you'll be taken back to your last save spot or the title screen, so make sure you save so you don't have to repeat everything you've just done. Finally, save up your cash so you can buy restore and equipment upgrades so you can survive those boss fights.Hope this helps.

to answer the questions of some of you, i'm not too familior with RPG's but if it helps i'm starting with the Mother series

Phantom Zelda

Mostly Harmless
YES YES YES YES!!!!! The Mother games are awesome!!! I'd say Mother 1 is the hardest and Mother 3 is the easiest. My favorite is Mother 3 due to the story (it's insane :D) But if you want other RPG's I'd recomend the Final Fantasy series. They are a lot of fun and I don't find them difficult (for the most part). Good luck finding/enjoying these great RPG's :D

PS: Sorry for any capitalization errors, my shift key is being annoying :embarrassed:

Oh, you meant recommendations, not tips.
I recommend:
Lunar (series)
The first two Mother games
Chrono Trigger (series)
Fire Emblem (series)
Every Final Fantasy between IV and X
Grandia
Every Dragon Quest between III and VI
The first two Phantasy Stars
Ys Books 1 & 2
Skies of Arcadia

Sadly, JRPGs are falling out of style recently, but if Project Rainfall succeeds, such may not be the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom