• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

RPG Tips?

i'm starting to get more into RPG's and i need tips on what would help me, if it helps, the RPG i'm playing now is the Mother series starting with the first one

those aren't the kind of RPG's i want to look into to be honest with you, but thank you for the suggestion

ShaneOMac713

The Seal has been Broken
I don't know what RPGs you are looking for but any MMORPG games are good like World of Warcraft and the only other thing I can think of right know is a game called Wizard 101

basicly something like the Mother series, pick an attack, it happens, entirely story based, and only one protagonust with other people from other places following you everywhere as the game progresses

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
I'll have to get some details like:

Would you prefer the japanese ones (Final Fantasy, Golden Sun, Chrono series, etc...) or the American ones (Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Elder Scrolls, etc...)? They are different in philosophies and basic details.

Would you like one that requires a lot of grinding (consecutive fights to level up) or one that's easy on it?

And more importantly, not all RPGs are that story focused. Dragon Quest is an example, which relies more on classic gameplay.

amaterasu

Writer
*Gasps* THE MOTHER SERIES! GIVE ME THE LINK TO THE RPG NOW IF IT'S ON ZD AND I CAN JOIN! PLEASE! I am such a fangirl. *beats teh crap out of her inner fangirl* all better.

anyway, just keep to the rules of the RPG, don't godmod majorly, and stay on topic, and you should be just fine!

*Gasps* THE MOTHER SERIES! GIVE ME THE LINK TO THE RPG NOW IF IT'S ON ZD AND I CAN JOIN! PLEASE! I am such a fangirl. *beats teh crap out of her inner fangirl* all better.

anyway, just keep to the rules of the RPG, don't godmod majorly, and stay on topic, and you should be just fine!

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man

Ummm, is that the kind of RPG that he means? I guess the first post was a bit too vague.

i don't mind giving you the links to them i'm playing them on emulators anyway and i managed to find the english patch for Mother 3

amaterasu

Writer
In Mother 3 (muffled sounds as Chuggaaconroy covers her mouth. NO SPOILERS!)
PM or VM me the link please! and i THINK you were the one who made the Epic Adventurs RPG? if you are, please send me a link to that as well!

no, i'm not, but i'll send you the link to the Mother 3 rom, i'll need some time though i'm going to upload it on mediafire then send you the link there that way you don't have to go through the trouble of getting it all translated cause i already have the patch in my rom

amaterasu

Writer
oh it's a rom? i thought it was like a thread. then save the trouble and don't send it. i don't need it. I found the thread BTW.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
Well i have played the first 3 Final fantasy games and they are the same style as Mother and other turn based RPG's. Tricks that I have found are to always have your team fully equipped and to spend tons of time leveling up in fields and caves. These will make the game easier. In my opinion if you wanted to play one of these I would recommend Final Fantasy 3 for either the Iphone or the DS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom