• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

RP General Discussion/New Hosts Guide

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I was wondering, would y'all be interested in a horror-themed RP? I was looking at some theories surrounding Twilight Princess and one in particular caught my eye as an interesting RP idea (no spoilers as to what it is though).

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
I was wondering, would y'all be interested in a horror-themed RP? I was looking at some theories surrounding Twilight Princess and one in particular caught my eye as an interesting RP idea (no spoilers as to what it is though).
What type of RP would you be running? How often would we be expected to post? Length restrictions? Open ended? Original characters?

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
What type of RP would you be running? How often would we be expected to post? Length restrictions? Open ended? Original characters?
This one in particular would be a horror-themed... dungeon crawler, I guess you could say. No length expectations or restrictions - I know that sometimes all you need is a quote to carry on a conversation, other times you need a wall to explain actions and feelings. It's a delicate interplay. Plus, some people are used to lots of long or lots of short posts, so it gives them more room to be comfortable.
Yeah, open ended. I'll lock in setting and a few basic rules and stuff, but the plot itself will be pretty straightforward I'd think. If someone wants to carry out an idea I didn't have, as long with it works with what's already been stated, by all means do.
All OCs. Not only would few canon characters fit into this theme, but the few you may come across may wind up better as NPCs.
Any more questions?

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
I like the idea of a horror campaign, I've been toying with the idea for my D&D group. Speaking of which, I don't have a whole lot of time these days so I wouldn't want to hold the group back if I could only post once a week at times. If that would be acceptable from time to time, I'd consider joining.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
How often do people usually post in role plays here? What would be considered an average rate of posting? I'm really relaxed when it comes to role playing but I role played for years in a certain style that I know is different from most places to role play online and I don't want to be the cause of any kind of distaste around here.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
We tend to post quite a bit, usually with smaller posts, and usually in succession. Weekdays are usually busier than weekends. There have been times when people are quiet for a few days, though, and they just jump back into the action like their character was there the whole time. If you want a recent example of a normal RP, check out the post-apoctalyptic reboot. It has most of the currently active RPers in it and can give you an idea of how often we post and the posting style of different players.

Rasul is awaiting approval, which is a mod thing you do gor
You don't need mod approval
yes

Also, guys,
It would take me a little while to set it up but would you guys be interested in a casual, random, non-zelda(unless you want Zelda characters/OCs idk) high school roleplay? Kinda like this series(it was actually inspired by this)

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Im still thinking on that. Most of my chars would be teachers... Dont gave a schoolboy/schoolgirl char

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Update, I'll probably open sign-ups for this RP this weekend. Be prepping evil characters and Gerudo, folks.

Also, both Gatewatch and Realmwalker RP threads opened tonight, but I think both are still accepting sign-ups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom