• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Roc's Cape?

Fahxy

Grand Campaigner
Okay, so this game has quite a lot to do with the sky. For heaven's sake, they call it Skyward Sword. So, because of all this to do with the sky, will they give us some aerial gameplay with the Roc's Cape?

P

Phantom Ganon

I hope so because that was one of my favorite items to use in the OoX series.
Also we may never know, but we can hope!

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
Roc's cape? :P Maybe....

....naah to be honest I don't see them including it in SS. Ability to jump freely in a 3D Zelda? Nintendo has to be willing to allow that to come to pass in the first place, and it doesn't seem as though they want to.

Although I do love Roc's cape ^^

It's already been confirmed that The Skyward Sword is Link's means of transport between Skyloft and the world below, so it could follow that Link will have the ability to fly to some extent by the power of the SS, depending on how exactly it will function.

whiteknight455

The Zelda Nerd
maybe I mean I would like it but maybe it has to use magic or something like that or the stamina bar

Djinn

and Tonic
I think it might work out if it worked more like the Deku Leaf in Wind Waker. Something to break a fall or glide to other locations if Link is in too many high up places. Falling is still a huge hazard in a Zelda game and some special item to help survive it would be incredibly useful, especially since there cannot always be a cuccoo around. and the hookshot/clawshot is only useful from a standing location not when falling. I could also see it working like the hover boots, and Link would just glide over a hole or cliff to the other side easily. Then there would be no need for a jump ability to be added, just run off the ledge with the cape equipped.

For people living in the air like Skyloft one would think they have some special means to protect themselves from falling. Or safe travel around the island,I imagine this is why there was a clawshot in the City in the Sky in TP. It is necessary to get around in the area for story purposes, not just as a dungeon gimmick. Also for a storytelling point, it makes sense for a people that live in the sky to actually take the time out to collect Roc's feathers and make the capes for use.

I've always liked Roc's Cape, probably my favorite part of MC. For some reason though I can't see this happening in SS... if Nintendo does it though I am sure it will be great!

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
It's already been confirmed that The Skyward Sword is Link's means of transport between Skyloft and the world below, so it could follow that Link will have the ability to fly to some extent by the power of the SS, depending on how exactly it will function.

Actually, it's also been confirmed that there will be no flight in Skyward Sword. The most likely option of how Link will get to the land below Skyloft and back will be teleportation. (Not saying that's correct, just saying it seems most likely.)

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
Actually, it's also been confirmed that there will be no flight in Skyward Sword. The most likely option of how Link will get to the land below Skyloft and back will be teleportation. (Not saying that's correct, just saying it seems most likely.)

I do know what interview you're referencing, and yes Aonuma did confirm that Link would not be flying around "like Kid Icarus." However, I ask that you note the careful phrasing of my sentence: "it could follow that Link will have the ability to fly to some extent by the power of the SS, depending on how exactly it will function." What I meant was while we know for certain that Link isn't going to sprout wings by the power of the SS, there is no reason to assume that the SS will not still provide some form of flight as of yet. Furthermore, there is no reason to assume that the SS's flight mechanism will necessarily be controllable; it could be similar to the teleportation you've mentioned, wherein once you active the SS's flight mechanism (it could perhaps be just a button) flight plays out automatically as either a full cut-scene, or a cut-scene that fades out and fades back in on departure and arrival respectively. This is all possible since we know not the details of how the SS will function as a means of transportation. Until then, it's a devil's proof.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I wouldn't expect the Roc's Cape to make an appearance seeing as how it's been limited to the 2D Zelda games as of now, but it could be possible. We won't be flying, but gliding is a more appropriate term for what you do with the Cape. Then again, that's what Hover Boots are used for to some extent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom