• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Returning to Skyview -

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
Hey all, Minish here with some quick observations on what seems to be screenshots of Link's second encounter with the Skyview Temple. Let's begin.

puffer.jpg
This shows Link with his new purple shield and the upgraded beetle. It is the main hallway of the Skyview Temple as shown in many videos. This shows a new enemy that will be appearing in the dungeon on the second visit, the puffer fish enemy. This leads me to have this theory.

After Link completes the Ancient Cistern dungeon, the forest is suddenly flooded, and Link must return to Skyview. I say this because of the water themed enemy in a Forest themed dungeon. Moving on though.

stalfos.jpg
This one shows Link yet again with his new purple shield. This time Link is in the Ghirahim boss battle room, but this time, there are 3 Stalfos looking to bring you to your death. What lies in the next room? Who knows..

scatter.jpg
Link yet again with his purple shield. He is in a section of the Skyview Temple showed at E3, the room where the boss door dwels. It shows that Link must have to complete the Desert dungeon to obtain the Gust Bellow before he can come back to Skyview. Link has the upgraded Slingshot, the scattershot.

scatter 2.jpg
This one shows the scattershot in action. I like how the scattershot is in the shape of a bird. The arrangement of enemies on the other side of the tightrope are different (watch some E3 footage). Notice how one of the Bokoblins have a bow and arrow? Perhaps we get it here?

Thats about it for now. Sound off what you think below.

MasterLink209

The new guy :)
Whoa. Very interesting. I hadn't seen those pictures before.

But could you please add "Spoilers" to the title? Some of us don't want to know anything. :) :yes:

Nice catch with the bow. Its good to know the bokoblins will be an engaging and varied enemy throughout the game.

My only question is whether or not returning to Skyview will be a sidequest or part of the plot.

there is a bomb on the giant tree(!)
it's nice to see that nintendo is actually sticking to what they said abut returning to dungeons

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
Nice find! I really don't want to return to dungeons, I think they should just stick to dungeon after dungeon. Maybe going back to the Skyview would be a side quest. I would like that better.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Nice find!
But I wonder if my guesses are true that the purple shield is good against magic and long rage weapons like arrows and slingshots?

Nice find!
But I wonder if my guesses are true that the purple shield is good against magic and long rage weapons like arrows and slingshots?
Proving how special and purple the shield is and how the meter for that shield is short. You are probably right! it probably will defend against long raged weapons, arrows, slingshots, and Magic.

vcdomith

Mad Artist
Wonder if we need to go back at this temple to fight the "real" boss, a boss that needs the use of the beetle, for exemple: a Gohma-like boss that you need to cut the web that sustain the spider at the celling, making the fall opening the monster defenceses to Link's sword

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Proving how special and purple the shield is and how the meter for that shield is short. You are probably right! it probably will defend against long raged weapons, arrows, slingshots, and Magic.

The Hylian Shield, the strongest shield in the game (impervious to physical attacks), can't even block magic, so there's no way a shield weaker than it can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom