• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Returning To Old Dungeons

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
How would you feel about a game where some dungeons are dungeons from old games, but even more destroyed and decrepit, and you have to find new ways through them?
I know ALBW played with reusing dungeons, but the maps, from what I've seen, appear to be very different.

We kind of see that with certain games and dungeons, like Dodongo's Cavern and Goron's Mine. However, I would like to see more notorious dungeons go through a stage of decay that we can later explore in different games, like Lakebed Temple. However, I'd also like to see the opposite, like exploring a newly built Snowpeak Ruins, for example.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
play Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons for spins on Zelda 1 and Zelda 2

and of course ALbtW is ALttP

While I'm here, I think they should make Link's Awakening for the 3DS Toon Link style

hopefully in Breath of The Wild we will get our chance. but I would also want to build a dungeon

That would be amazing! I think we believe that the timeline shows relations between existing dungeons but I would love going through some of these maps in different and exciting new ways. Doesn't even take much; even master quest was a welcome change from old, but in a new game would be even better.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
that sounds pretty good everything is so familiar but also very different. You would remember how you got over a certain obstacle in the original game but find it doesn't work and have to find a new way to solve an old puzzle.

I love this idea. My favorite aspect of Skyward Sword was the dungeons that used timeshift stones so you can see what they were like in the past. I think it would be amazing to revisit some iconic dungeons either in the past or future. Exploring the dead Deku Tree could be extremely creepy, for instance. Or revisiting a ruined and crumbling City in the Sky.

How would you feel about a game where some dungeons are dungeons from old games, but even more destroyed and decrepit, and you have to find new ways through them?
I know ALBW played with reusing dungeons, but the maps, from what I've seen, appear to be very different.
I like that idea and I think they should make exact replicas of some dungeons in 3d to get a new perspective on them

Like the Temple of Time in Twilight Princess?
But I do know what you mean. It would be interesting, yes, but it would also be disappointing knowing exactly how to beat the dungeon again.
Unless they were able to spin it. Change locations of keys and items, and add new enemies to it.

Seeing it completely delapidated definitely fired up my nostalgia. I still love Twilight Princess, no matter how flawed. Holds a special place in my heart.

Nicolai

The beast that dwells within the Shoutbox
I would like to see that... once. I don't want to expect it every game, though. It gets a little tiresome in games like Mario Kart.

Also, it would be cooler for 3D zelda dungeons. A sequel to Ocarina of Time (at the expense of the already-complicated timeline) would be nice, as that game had a lot of dungeons, all of them solid and iconic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom