• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City: Should I Get It?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
ORC is not worth getting in the slightest. It's the buggiest, most broken piece of gruhava [that's a made up word by the way] that Capcom has released in QUITE a while. The story is too short for anyone to care, and as a matter of fact, Skyward Sword has a better story and better character development (it takes me a lot of guts to say that).

No, I'm not bashing ORC for being a TPS or not being standard RE fare (TPSes can be good, look at Deus Ex Human Revolution). I'm bashing it for being absolutely terrible. I mean, just read this:
GameFAQs user said:
This is a lazy game. Very little polish went into this. And Slant Six has a history of under cooking games in the oven. SOCOM Confrontation, anyone?

The AI is all over the place. Sometimes they don't advance to the next check point forcing you to kill them. Sometimes they walk back to the start of a mission. Sometimes they shoot the ground in the middle of a fire fight? More than half the time, in a fire fight, they run out in the open and walk in circles. I mean, half the things they do make no sense.

Then there's the scripted genius of "They have the tactical advantage, get behind cover." Meanwhile the guys that you're teammate is talking about, with the "tactical advantage" are taking cover behind a friggin flammable barrel that explodes after 3 shots. Like WTF lol.

And that's just AI. I've seen super weird glitches online in versus, which I don't even want to get into.

The level design is bland. The best part of the levels are going into the city streets and unfortunately that happens to be the smallest part of the level. They teased us with gameplay of running around in the zombie infested streets of RC, and then in reality, more than half the time you're playing you're underground or in a building?

This game is just bleh. You should buy Resident Evil 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 or 0. All of them, plus Revelations, plus Gaiden, before you even think abuot picking up Operation Flop City. Hell, I'd say wait for RE6 as well.

I'd say don't buy a game based on every other opinion you read on the internet. I bought the game new and I quite enjoy it! It has some fun multiplayer and it's a fun 'what if' story. I haven't really encountered any bugs on the game other than the enemies getting too crazy.

This game is just bleh. You should buy Resident Evil 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 or 0. All of them, plus Revelations, plus Gaiden, before you even think abuot picking up Operation Flop City. Hell, I'd say wait for RE6 as well.

Really? That game was listed as a canon addition to the whole storyline and didn't even end up being canon at all. If anything is undercooked it's Gaiden.

I really liked the game though sometimes the other characters get a little messed up but it's only happened once for me. I had four eyes shooting at a wall for no reason.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Really? That game was listed as a canon addition to the whole storyline and didn't even end up being canon at all. If anything is undercooked it's Gaiden.

It's different with Gaiden though, it's naught but a GBC game -- not much potential. Of course it was heavily limited simply due to the system it was on. Plus, I'm not really considering if the games are canon or not; canonity doesn't make or break a game lol.

Anyway, Flop City doesn't have the same excuse. ORC was released unfinished and this is easily seen due to the game's measly 7 stages, lack of variety, glitchy and broken multiplayer and the utter NEED to have DLC expansions -- the Echo Six DLC pack was originally part of the game as seen in concept trailers, but Slant Sux released a BS release that had almost nothing to do. Hit detection in this game is absolutely terrible. While that may not be a problem to EVERYONE (I admit it's pretty cool yet hard to get used to), it's very easily a problem with the game itself and maybe even its developers. I'm waiting for Ultimate Super Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City Alpha Gold Turbo III edition, and not even then would I consider it to be good. At least not Resident Evil good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom