• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Remembering Names

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
How well do you remember names? Does it depend on the method you heard the name in the first place?

For me I suck at remembering names unless I've talked to the person face to face. For example, I was told today to call an "Amber" to schedule an interview for a job. However, two m inutes later I immediately forgot the name! I thought her name was Maria; luckily I had a paper with her name on it ;)

:xd:

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I'm actually pretty good at remembering names. I tend to write them down along with phone numbers, addresses, etc., on the off chance that I do forget, but for the most part I do remember.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
I forget names if I don't use them often. However, whenever I hear someone's name when I meet them, I repeat it in my head over and over, and I try to use their name during the conversation so I can remember it. :> The more I use a name, the better I remember it. =D

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I don't have a hard time remembering names, but if I do it's probably relatives. I mostly forget their names. Hard to remember...probably because I meet so many I forget names.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I'm REALLY bad at remembering names. I've had instances where I've been friends with a person for weeks without knowing their name because I forgot. At that point I feel like we know each other well enough that it'd be embarrassing to ask, so I ask someone else what their name is or wait for someone to address them. XD

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I'll just let this do the talking.

Sometimes when I am taking a test, the part where you fill out your name is the hardest part of the test for me. o.o

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Yeah I'm pretty bad, I know quite a lot of people, mainly from school, sports clubs, college and mutual friends, so too many names to know. If I remember your name then count yourself lucky ;p

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I'm pretty good with names. It's annoying because I'm quite bad with remembering other things, like I might forget I have to be in work, but oh boy I can remember the name of who I have to ring and when their birthday is! Be nice to trade some of this memory space and save it for more important things. :(

I'm normally very good with names. Sometimes, its on a level that might alarm some people and almost come off as creepy... For example, this one time at a freshman retreat, I met this girl named Rachel. We sat together at lunch, but I didn't see much of her since. Two years later, my junior year, I encounter her in the hallway, and I'm like "Hiii Rachel~~ <#" and she was like "how do you know my name?" Ha, that's not the only time that's happened, but still. However, it's easier for me to remember names of which I've heard before; some more obscure names out there either stick the first time due to relating it to another word, or it slips and takes a few times to get.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
I'm good with names. I'll just look at my face and I'll instantly remember their names. It's like I'll look at them then I know that it's the person. But when I first meet them though, I'll write in a book and make sure I'll remember it along with the looks.

But sometimes, I get mixed up. In school, I normally look name tags first before talking without them noticing. So like for example; when his full name is Jamie Adams and I call the person Jamie, I'll sometimes call him Adam in a flash, and make the situation suddenly feel awkward. :mellow:

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I'm good at remembering names given to me on a daily basis that I must remember, but I won't lie, I also forget once in a while whenever I have to use that name for something, like call that person, jot it down, etc. :cool:

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I'm good with names but I'm terrible with faces. I have one friend who, I met him at a party the first time and then didn't see him for months. I knew I'd spoken to a guy called James, but I could not remember for the life of me who he actually was or what he looked like. Then I met him again, and he started talking to me and I was like erm... who are you? And he was like :O but we spoke for hours last time we met and you don't even know who I am!! Then he told me his name was James and I was like ohh I remember you now!

I am having trouble with one girl's name at work. The worst part is, she was in the year above me at school so I've known her for around 8 years now. And yet, I can't for the life of me ever remember her name.

Remembering names...?

Pffffffthahahahaha XD Like THAT'S ever gonna happen with me!

Seriously, I need to hear/read a person's name at least five or six times before there is even a chance that I will remember their names--with regular contact. That's meeting them face-to-face on a regular basis(at least once or twice a day for a few days) and hearing their names quite a bit. Then I might remember.

Might.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom