• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Remake Of: Majora- Male or Female

What is he/she

• Woman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Male

• Genderless

• Total voters

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Old Theory: Majora is a creature that we have lack of knowledge of many things on and one of those discussions happen to be "Is it male or female?" (I lean on the female side of the discussion.)
Now let me remind you, if Majora is a demon she could still have a gender.

Majora has shown signs of being both male and female. One thing that could point to either is it's high pitched voice.
This could point out to Majora as being a woman or a very very young boy. If she is a young boy then from my knowledge of demon's that would rule her out as one (I don't think demons are ever that powerful at such a young age. Nor do I think they begin life prematurely.)

Majora has hips that in the wrath form that point to that of a male's body. However in the Incarnation form she has hips that could pertain to a female.
The incarnation form has breasts on it, and the Wrath form had much smaller breasts.
The wrath form also seems to sport ovaries. Now before you say anything about "Ovaries are on the inside of the body." Let me point out something to you... Majora's Wrath/Incarnation have no skin.
--
New Words:

Woman: Majora is a feminine name and has been used before by most women (a Majora Carter.)

Both genders:There is also the idea of Majora being of both genders in a sense. It could rely on his or her background since it is dificult to decipher.

We also cannot suggest Majora is simply an it because technically he/she is a living creature of flesh and blood.

In reference to the whole Naruto thing how The Fourth seals the fox in Naruto the same could work with the Mask. The original demon or whatever was sealed into the mask, unless there is some definite history I'm unaware of. I'd say it can change it's appearance and whatnot but the high pitched voice could just be a siren like shriek, without actually having to be a siren, if that makes sense.

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
I think you can say that it was genderless.
In ancient times in Termina the mask was worshipped, this could well be how it gained it's terrible power, because it was worshipped it gained an entity of it's own.
However, this entity would logically be genderless.

Steve

5/19/13
While the easiest way out would to lay claim that Majora is genderless due to it being a deity, however most of the entities in Zelda (if not all) have some sort of definite gender. I have always thought of it, despite it's height, to be a small boy as his personality seems to be very playful and mischievous. Majora also was able persuaded Skull Kid into doing its bidding because he considered the mask his friend. The best people able to sway a child is simply another child because of their similarities.

I personally think that Majora is male. However, I think it's very possible Majora is genderless. But I don't think he's female at all.

I'll clarify my thoughts by breaking down some of the points in the thread...

Old Theory: Majora is a creature that we have lack of knowledge of many things on and one of those discussions happen to be "Is it male or female?" (I lean on the female side of the discussion.)
Now let me remind you, if Majora is a demon she could still have a gender.

Majora has shown signs of being both male and female. One thing that could point to either is it's high pitched voice.
This could point out to Majora as being a woman or a very very young boy. If she is a young boy then from my knowledge of demon's that would rule her out as one (I don't think demons are ever that powerful at such a young age. Nor do I think they begin life prematurely.)
I think the voice is a mostly irrelevant factor. By that I mean, the voice isn't all that telling. Majora, regardless of whether it's male or female, demon or otherwise, it's obviously not human. Not even vaguely. Applying rules pertaining to human voices doesn't get us very far.

Majora has hips that in the wrath form that point to that of a male's body. However in the Incarnation form she has hips that could pertain to a female.
The incarnation form has breasts on it, and the Wrath form had much smaller breasts.
The wrath form also seems to sport ovaries. Now before you say anything about "Ovaries are on the inside of the body." Let me point out something to you... Majora's Wrath/Incarnation have no skin.
I don't personally believe it's a good idea to use Majora's Incarnation form as a basis for debate. If you look at it (and this is even more apparent if you watch it's transformation sequence), it's just the form of the mask with arms, legs, and an eye. You can't apply biology to a mask. :xd:

That aside, I've always considered Majora's Wrath form to be his "true form". That is, whatever he was prior to being a mask (and I think he had to have been something before he was a mask), I think the Wrath form is what he looked like. As for it's appearance, I don't really see how you can say that Majora's Wrath has breasts. They look like pecks to me. I always saw Wrath's form as very muscular, not something very likely to see on a female. Especially not a deity, spirit or demon, which has no need to tone muscles to get stronger. Additionally, every single female character in Zelda history (or at least that comes to mind) that wasn't an old woman was very feminine at least in body type. I also have never seen these ovaries (neither could my sister), although I have heard at least two people reference them.

Woman: Majora is a feminine name and has been used before by most women (a Majora Carter.)

Both genders:There is also the idea of Majora being of both genders in a sense. It could rely on his or her background since it is dificult to decipher.

We also cannot suggest Majora is simply an it because technically he/she is a living creature of flesh and blood.
Yes, Majora is a female name in real life. But Majora's Mask was originally called Mujula's Mask in Japan, before the name was changed. And this wasn't just a translation difference, it was a change made in the Japanese version too, I believe.

And Majora could still be an it. Animals are often referred to as its, as are fictional monsters. Usually the term he or she is reserved for humans.

In reference to the whole Naruto thing how The Fourth seals the fox in Naruto the same could work with the Mask. The original demon or whatever was sealed into the mask, unless there is some definite history I'm unaware of. I'd say it can change it's appearance and whatnot but the high pitched voice could just be a siren like shriek, without actually having to be a siren, if that makes sense.
I really think the voice is a completely irrelevant factor. Frankly, it doesn't sound like a male, female, or even a child to me. It just sounds like a freaking creature.

While the easiest way out would to lay claim that Majora is genderless due to it being a deity, however most of the entities in Zelda (if not all) have some sort of definite gender. I have always thought of it, despite it's height, to be a small boy as his personality seems to be very playful and mischievous. Majora also was able persuaded Skull Kid into doing its bidding because he considered the mask his friend. The best people able to sway a child is simply another child because of their similarities.
You raise some good points, and it seems that the two creators of the Majora's Mask manga came to the same conclusion, as Majora was very childlike in that.

It still seems a little weird to me for Majora to be a child, though. The one time he spoke - I can't really remember what he said, maybe I should look it up on Youtube - he sounded very intelligent. Additionally, he seems to have a very bloodstained past, and it's been suggested heavily that he was worshiped and had some kind of diabolical origin (whether demon or otherwise). That just sounds sort of weird for it to be a kid.

Hard to say, though.

Steve

5/19/13
I personally think that Majora is male. However, I think it's very possible Majora is genderless. But I don't think he's female at all.

You raise some good points, and it seems that the two creators of the Majora's Mask manga came to the same conclusion, as Majora was very childlike in that.

It still seems a little weird to me for Majora to be a child, though. The one time he spoke - I can't really remember what he said, maybe I should look it up on Youtube - he sounded very intelligent. Additionally, he seems to have a very bloodstained past, and it's been suggested heavily that he was worshiped and had some kind of diabolical origin (whether demon or otherwise). That just sounds sort of weird for it to be a kid.

Hard to say, though.
You also have to remember, Majora has been around for ages, and probably collected such wisdom over centuries of time, nonetheless still a child at heart.

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
Genderless. Gender determines one's role in reproduction, and Mask's don't reproduce let alone have the organs to do that.

So, your saying that because Ezlo was turned into a hat in MC he has automatically changed from being Male to being Genderless?

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I really think that it is a female demon.
It has what appears to be breasts, and a kind of voluptuous body.
Also, Majora is a female name, and the voice is very high pitched like that of women

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
My random thrown thought is that Majora is Zant's great great great X a lot grandfather. Majora felt rejected so he ran away to Termina and disguised himself in a mask.

RANDOM!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom