• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Religion in Zelda

Over9000Gingers

I want fries.
Not really sure if this is THE place to post this. I wanted serious responses, but the mature discussion didn't seem the place to post this.
That being said...

In Zelda, there is the Hylian Religion, right? So what is it really called. It simply can't be called Hylian Religion or Hylianity.lol

Also, is Hylia a prophet in the Hylian Religion since she isn't one of the Goddesses?

Is Ganon the Devil in the world of Zelda? Or is there only the Goddesses and Hylia?

Where do the people of Hyrule go when they die?

Where is the Triforce?

The Hylian Religion intrigues me greatly.

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
These are question that are terribly hard to answer correctly. Unless your Shigeru Miyamoto or Eiji Aonuma.
1. If I were Nintendo I'd call it Hylianity.
2. Probably one of the minor(er) Goddess's
3. I guess you could call him the Devil, I mean, look what he did to Hyrule Town Market in Ocarina of Time.
4. I don't really understand. Where is the Triforce? In the Sacred Realm I assumed
5. It's good to be intrigued, gives your brain a workout.

Tadpole

Don Gero's Apprentice
I wouldn't call it Hylianity. Maybe a different term. I don't think Ganon is the Devil but I think you could argue he is possessed by the Devil. I figured the Tri-Force was in the Sacred Realm bu then why do they seal Ganon in with it? I figured that Hylia was a prophet who the Goddesses granted immortality so that she may protect the Tri-Force and serve the people forever. I'm also interested and I hope that Nintendo expands on this in the future through other games. I don't know if this will happen or not because it could potentially be controversial but hopefully people would respect it as a fictional religion. You never know how people will react these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom