• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

References in Other Games

Zelda is such a big part of the gaming culture that it's no surprise when references show up in non-Zelda games. I think it's fantastic. What moments have you picked up on?

I was playing Phoenix Wright (can't recall which one) and Phoenix said, "Well excuuuse me, princess" in court. I nearly died laughing.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
I doubt it's a direct reference, but the cult symbol from the Silent Hill series has an eye that is extremely similar to the Gossip Stone's eye:

400px-Haloofthesun.jpg

9L.jpg

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
There is a great Zelda reference in WoW. There is an NPC called "Linken." Here is his picture: (I can't seem to upload it for some reason)
http://www.lunaz.com/roh/wowzelda/linken.jpg

He gives the quests "It's Dangerous to Go Alone" and "It's a Secret to Everybody." Rewards for the quests include "Linken's Sword of Mastery" and "Linken's Boomerang." He also says "I met a man that said 'Master using it and you can have this'," which is a reference to what the Old Man says at the beginning of the original LoZ.

While I was playing the original Final Fantasy on the GBA, Link's name is on a grave in Elftown. I also think that Ganondorf appears in South Park in the Imagination Land episodes.

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
Link appears in Super Mario RPG sleeping in the Rose Town Inn. Talk to him and you will hear a familiar Zelda chime!

In Super Mario RPG, in the Inn at Rose Town, you can see Link sleeping. If you try to talk to him, you'll hear the Zelda secret tone.

You can also find Samus somewhere in the game, she says she's "resting up for Mother Brain."

I've already mentioned this...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom