• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Redeads...

bellum

Gamer since age 2
Well according to Navi and zeldawiki it's the ReDeads paralyzing scream . I fo you wanna learn more about this click here .Ok now you know, Zelda Wiki prevails, and if you need some info about the loz series just go there we won't bite:P.

MajoraKing12

Perfect Harmony
There magical. And I didn't really know that they were blind. But there face is pretty much just a tree carved thing. But there just creepy!-.-

M

Majora Mistress

They're blind? Neat.
Well, then I think they use sonar like bats- and that is why they screech. Link getting stunned by their sound is just a bonus.

L

LoafDaConvict

I always thought they wore Spooky masks,I mean,they look similar to the ones in the Mask Shop!

midnightokami

Can I has cheese burger?
redeads are controlled by micheal jackson. Do I need to explain anything more? (Okay I was just joking) I think redead can hear your foot steps. But in wind waker they can see you...

TVTMaster

Guy What's Angry Now
I always assumed it was just creepy undead magic. Still, I don't see how someone who is literally the embodiment of courage is paralyzed in fear by something that looks like a tree screaming at him. There's way scarier stuff to fear in Ocarina. I mean, that's like Link's whole thing with the ToC- there's only one power it ever bestows on him, and that's unnatural courage. So, um, why exactly would a screaming Redead paralyze him?

the walrus cat

the walrus who was a cat
I always assumed it was just creepy undead magic. Still, I don't see how someone who is literally the embodiment of courage is paralyzed in fear by something that looks like a tree screaming at him. There's way scarier stuff to fear in Ocarina. I mean, that's like Link's whole thing with the ToC- there's only one power it ever bestows on him, and that's unnatural courage. So, um, why exactly would a screaming Redead paralyze him?
..I guess it would be creepy undead magic then?? What would have been cool is, if young link gets screamed at, he's paralyzed, but adult link might only be affected for a few seconds.

The official site says it's fear though... How they notice you might be through some sort of sixth (magical) sense, or they just hear you and start yelling.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
the living dead can sense life itself, because it is what they feed off of. in some cases the undead have had their heads blown off and they would still come at you.

but enough of the zombie 101, redeads probably don't have eyes because they have long since decayed right out of their freaking skulls. my guess is when they are goin after link they can't exactly see him but they feel his presence, thats not the best explanation but it's a start.

in future zelda games i would like to see variations of redeads. I think it would be awesome to take out different looking hylain zombie/mummie people, for sure!

D

DaltonR6

Nah. In majoras mask if you attack gibdo with fire arrows they will become redeads so theyre blind because i dont think they can see trough their white paper whats its called. maybe they hear link?

I never knew that! I always make them dance hahahaha :) *goes to try it*

x-Link-x

c o u r a g e ;
They're zombies, they're magic I'd say. I mean you guys are sitting there wondering how they can see and I'm sitting over there wondering how they're alive in the first place. ._.;;
Magic, right? So I suppose they're magic, too. I mean almost all creatures of the undead deal with black magic and such, so that's my guess. ._.;;

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
They're zombies, they're magic I'd say. I mean you guys are sitting there wondering how they can see and I'm sitting over there wondering how they're alive in the first place. ._.;;
Magic, right? So I suppose they're magic, too. I mean almost all creatures of the undead deal with black magic and such, so that's my guess. ._.;;

Just to play Devil's Advocate, most creatures of the undead variety deal with some sort of virus that makes them that way. Almost every single Zombie movie is about how a virus is spread that causes people to become Zombies.

Anywho, whether they see or not is a moot question because it's never going to be answered. They obviously have eye spots so I'm guessing they can see normally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom