• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Red, Green, Blue Chus Redundant?

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
I've been thinking about the healing methods in Wind Waker. To my knowledge, these are our options:

- Fairies in a bottle. I always keep one just in case I die before I can get to my potion or soup, but I've noticed that I don't use them as often this game because I have to specifically warp to an island to get one.

- Red, green, and blue potion, available in the Windfall potion shop (and...anywhere else?)

- Elixir soup, available from Link's grandmother

- Blue potion - listed again because I'm counting the ones made from Boko Baba seeds. Hollo will make it for you in the Forest Haven.

What do you think of the healing options? Too many, or it doesn't really matter? Personally, while I like the general idea of collecting chu jelly, I never use the Windfall potion shop. Boko Baba seeds are pretty easy to get, so unlike other games, where I may just refill the magic meter if I need to, I just go ahead and use a blue potion since refilling is free.

I also liked the idea of Elixir soup. For such a strong potion it was available pretty early, but in terms of story, it was nice to know Link was taken care of by his grandmother. :)

Last edited:

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I never really get potions at all. The fairies work fine as they are abundant especially half way through the game (just warp to Souther Fairiy Island and get yourself a fairy), and I always use Soup instead of Blue and Green Potions because it has two servings and doubles your attack power until you get hit.

The only time I ever get a Blue Potion in the game is after the Forbidden Forest so I can get the Heart Piece in Greatfish Isle in one try (as pathetic as it sounds, I always mess it up).

Not once have I bothered to do the Potion thing at the Windfall Potion Shop because I simply don't use them (I'd much rather sell the jelly to Beedle for a few rupees, as you can never have enough in that game).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom