• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Recommend me Wii U and 3DS games

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I'd say get the Pikmin games, they are Real Time Strategy and by real time i do mean that, you 13 minutes to each day and at least in the first game you have 30 ingame days to finish it, the third game has a max of 99 days if you do everything, and the 2nd game features caves and underground complexes that are hell to complete (no time limit underground)

You have only 100 max pikmin on the field at any given time.

SpiteChaotic

The lazy Chaos Bringer
Well since both systems have backwards compatibility there is a hug library to suggest. A few that I like.

Lunar Knight Ds game. It is a rather fun lil dark game. Being part of the Boktai series started on the gba. You get to control two characters. A dark vampire hunter who uses melee weapons like his sword. Also a sun gunsman who gets a large variety of long range weaponry. It is a good game with many secrets some post game and a new game plus. It has a in game time system. So after awhile it may be day or night, some itmes might have melted like chocolate. The in game weather effects stuff too. If you just go for the story with basi exploring it is about an 8 hour game.

No More Heroes for Wii. A fantastic beat em up game. While a bit of money grinding mini games are a bit boring. Also the large world that is rather useless to travel through just to get to the next stage. It is a fun game. The story gets me interested. I love slicing people open with a laser katana to see it rain money and blood. It is a basic beat em up with a few challenging bosses.

Thats all i got for now without trying to look through my game collection. Those two are on the top of my mind.

Here are some game you should check out. Some of them are not my thing but they are all amazing games. Well worth checking out a video or demo of.

Currently released WiiU games

1. Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker - A great 3D puzzler. It's really nothing liker a 3D Mario game. I really like it. Short but fun if you can get it at a good price. The Toad amiibo hide and seek thing is not needed though. The game is great without it.
  2. Hyrule Warriors - This is Link and other characters vs the hordes. It's fun but flawed. But it takes 200-300 hours to feel the flaws. By then it does not matter as you've had your fun with it. Just not well, all of the DLC costs that are needed to really enjoy all the content the game has to offer.
  3. Mario Kart 8 - Not my thing but any racing game fan should love it. It's one of the best Mario Kart games ever. Just note well, the DLC prices for the extra tracks.
  4. Super Smash Bros 4 - Not the beast Smash Bros game ever and the single player modes are poor, but the multiplayer (vs the AI and vs other people, locally and online) is really fun. Just remember to add a few $$ to the cost for the DLC characters and stages.
  5. Nintendo Land - A very good game if you can get on Ebay for $20 or less (that's what I did as I didn't get the game with the WiiU). Does need a Wiimote and Nunchuck to get the full enjoyment out of the game. The mini games in this are pretty in depth but are also rather hard to complete. Well worth it if you can get it for the right price.
  6. Art Academy Atelier / Art Academy Home Studio - Use the gamepad to make art. You have pastels, charcoal, pencils and paints to choose from. Also there is 30x one hour lessons included to help you learn to make art. I have zero art ability but I really have enjoyed this so far. This game has no objectives apart from going through the lessons and having fun in free draw mode. If you like making art or are interested in this kind of thing it's amazing. If not, then it's not for you.
  7. Wind Waker HD - The GC version looks better but the HD version plays better. I picked this up recently on sale. Am yet to play it. But it's worth getting I would say, especially for a Zelda fan like yourself. I would look around for a sale though these days. The main downsides here are the graphics which are slight worse than the GC version and not getting the OOT Master Quest (like you did on the 2nd disc of WWGC. Well worth getting on sale.

WiiU games to be released soon

1. Xenoblade Chronicles X - Japanese RPG. Futuristic styled. If you are into massive, epic, long, amazing looking RPGs then this is for you. This game is rumoured to have 100 hours of content in the main story and about 300 hours of content to totally complete everything in the game. This game seems to have the largest, non procedurally generated world of any game ever in existance. GameXplain ran drom one end to the other of the first area in the game. That took them 11 minutes runing as fast as they could. There is over 10 areas of this size or even larger. The game really is that massive. Well worth it if you are a JRPG fan.
    Note well - if you buy the disc of this, it is recommeded (but not required) to download the 10GB of game enhancing patches. This makes the game play experience much better.
    As a side note, we will get all the DLC that the Japanese paid for, for free on disc with our versions of the game.
  2. Star Fox Zero - A 3D space shooter. I think this game looks amazing. You should check out the demonstration videos of how the gamepad and gyro work with this game. It's a really unique concept that adds so much gameplay depth to the game. If you know Starfox/Starwing or Starfox 64/Lylat Wars . . . this game is yet another reboot of that. But totally different and totally amazing. This game looks really amazing, you should check out some videos/demos of it.
  3. Twilight Princess HD - Sure the story in this game is so gad it's laughable. But the game overall looks to be a nice remake. Also this is rumoured to work with the Wiimote and the Nunchuck. We do not know if the Wii or GC version is being remade though. That really only matters to which way the world is (ie flipped or not flipped). The game will be in 1080p regardless. Also all the LoZ amiibo will work with this game.

WiiU eShop

1. Child of Light - A strange little RPG but a really good one. You play as a girl that floats around killing things with her sword. Turn based battles. Good enough that I purchased it. Watch some videos of this to see if it's for you.
  2. Edge - Move the cube to the end of the 3D maze as fast as you can while collecting all the special little cubes in each stage. That's all there is to it, but the game is really fun. The timers on each stage is only for your ranking. You can not bother and get D ranks for all stage just to beat each stage and have fun if you want. It's a really fun cheap little indie game.
  3. Rush - Made by the same people as Edge, this game is also about cubes. In this gaem though, there are multiple cubes on each stage. You have to get each cube to the different end points without any of the cubes runing into each other. It's not action oriented like Edge. This is a puzzler where you have to think where is the the best place to put all the arrows and things to get all the cubes to the end. Very fun and the cheap price makes it a nice buy.
  4. Affordable Space Adventures - You have to get a little spaceship to the end of each area. But to do so you have to manage the ships engines, thrust and light levels using the gamepad. This game is fun single and multiplayer. It's the game game for each just multiplayer gets each person to control a different part of the ships systems.
    This game is one of the most unique WiiU exclusives. The only downside is the price. A little too expensive to be an impulae buy but if you can justify the price this is a great game. It's totally on my wish list. to get one day.

WiiU Virtual Console

1. Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii) - This is on the PAL Virtual Console. This is the first game in the Xenoblade series. Xenoblace Chronicles X is a spiritual successor. It's not a direct sequel. The Wii game can be played with the pro controller/gamepad/wiimote. This game is huge. Not as huge as the WiiU game but still massive. About 100 hours to complete everything in the game if you move at a decent pace. If you stop to smell the roses then the game will take you even longer to play. This game is really amazing. Everything from the soundtrack to the visuals to the scenery is totally top notch. The only downside is the combat can get a little repetative but that is what RPGs are all about. This (and the WiiU) game is real time combat and there is no random battles thankfully. Everything you take on, (apart from some scripted bosses) you can see and can choose to kill it or move around it. Though some things you have to kill to level up enough or to get past in a narrow area or for quests.
    For the price this is a steal. Getting this game on disc for under $100 is near impossible these days, so the roughly $25 for this on the eShop is totally worth it.
    Note well - you might have to invest in a external hard drive for the WiiU if you want too many Wii games due to their size.
  2. Metroid Prime Trilogy (Wii) - This is a shooting game. I know you said you hate shooting games, I hate them too. But this game is an exception. It's nothing like the average shooting game, well 3 games. This includes all 3 games in the trilogy. For the price it's extremely good value. You will go on three epic quests where you are killing mostly alien life forms, very few people will attack you or even be in the game. These games are some of the rare breed of shooting game that people who hate shooters (like myself) will like. Well worth checking out.
  3. Paper Mario (N64) - Mario plus RPG with turn based battles. Not much more can be said about it. I really liked the game. But if you're that anti anything Mario then you will not like this game.

Last edited:

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
for wii u virtual console,i would highly recommend fire emblem blazing sword (which is just simply labeled "fire emblem") for the gba
it was my 2nd fire emblem after binding blade,and it's easily my favorite gba game by far,it'd recommend that over awakening just due to affordability ($8 > $30)
its a strategy rpg,not really in the vein of pokemon so it's not gonna feel the same i guarantee

Thanks for that huge post @the8thark. I have of course already played Wind Waker HD, in fact, I got the Wii U bundle with the Zelda style gamepad and a Wind Waker download code. :)

As for Mario, to clarify that, I'm not totally against the franchise or anything, and Luigi's Mansion mentioned by someone else earlier looks pretty interesting. I'm just not a huge fan of it, but it's not like I totally despise them and won't give any game that features Mario a chance.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
The Wonderful 101 for WiiU is a great action game although it has plenty of flaws. In it you control a bunch of superheroes who basically join together to make weapons you can fight with. It's main problem is that it doesn't explain itself very well and it's kind of a time investment, I'm kind of wary of recommending it because of that but I think it makes up for it once you get the hang of it. I think there's a demo on the eshop if you want to be sure.

I've heard these videos help a lot of people understand the game better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdHbPXNJvVE&list=PLrwWQGfD4d7H_r3hkL6xsJRbQK_R5Du0y

On steam there's the Ys series, which is a lot like Zelda if it was more combat focused. I've only played Ys I and II, which are pretty short but replayable, since they're more about skills than puzzles. Here's the video that got me into them, hopefully it turns out helpful.

Thanks for that huge post @the8thark. I have of course already played Wind Waker HD, in fact, I got the Wii U bundle with the Zelda style gamepad and a Wind Waker download code. :)

As for Mario, to clarify that, I'm not totally against the franchise or anything, and Luigi's Mansion mentioned by someone else earlier looks pretty interesting. I'm just not a huge fan of it, but it's not like I totally despise them and won't give any game that features Mario a chance.
You're welcome. Thanks for your reply :)
I get what you mean with the Mario games. I mentioned a few. I left out the obvious ones like Mario Galaxy 1/2 as I guessed they'd not be your thing. At worst you can watch a demo video of the Mario (or any other game) and go "nope not my thing". At least you know now it's not your thing. That kind of knowledge is always a good thing as it narrows down your choices to the ones you will like more.

I forgot to add in Bayonetta 1 and two to the list too. I really dislike those two games but lots of others think they are amazing so it might be worth your while to check them out.

To give a little update on my "progress", I've been playing Fantasy Life a lot and my initial enthusiasm has gone down a bit. I still like the game, but I honestly find the story mode atrocious. Characters talk way too long about things I mostly didn't find particularly interesting, though humourus at times. I've gotten all four Goddess Treasures so I reckon I'm pretty far into the game and I have yet to find an antagonist. Everytime someone interesting popped up, they turned out to be friendly after all. Every story arc so far basically ended in "Oh, they were suspicious at first but they're good people after all! How lovely!" I don't mind lightheartedness, but this game is really lacking in the drama department so far. Not to mention that anything story based wasn't challenging at all. You get that ominous scene when you venture into Elderwood Forest for the final treasure, with the Spirit warning you not to enter and then... you fight two wolves and the rest are basically cutscenes.

I also find the lack of depth disappointing. I've got tons of consumables, but the more interesting ones with temporary effects don't seem to last long enough to be useful, and I honestly find it hard to even remember what most of them do. I found myself just eating a random piece of food hoping it would boost a relevant stat when I was having trouble in a fight because the pouch doesn't tell you what things do, and it would be really tedious to go into the item menu and find the item I want to use in the huge pile of stuff I have everytime.

During my playtime I've had so many ideas for useful items and yet I see none of them. Instead, there seem to be a ton of things that have pretty much the same effect with small variations. There's endless wasted potential in this game, but I'm not really sure it's going to be used up.

Why am I posting this? Oh, first of all, I had to rant for a bit because I really want to love this game - I love the concept, the style, some of the music. The other reason is that, out of the huge pile of stuff you guys recommended me so far, I was wondering wether based on the rant above, you could recommend me something more to my liking. Much appreciated. :)

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
hmm,thats unfortunate to hear,i was actually considering fantasy life

anyways,my offer of fire emblem blazing sword still stands
cuz story,and strategy,and additiveness,and price....and good game

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
To give a little update on my "progress", I've been playing Fantasy Life a lot and my initial enthusiasm has gone down a bit. I still like the game, but I honestly find the story mode atrocious. Characters talk way too long about things I mostly didn't find particularly interesting, though humourus at times. I've gotten all four Goddess Treasures so I reckon I'm pretty far into the game and I have yet to find an antagonist. Everytime someone interesting popped up, they turned out to be friendly after all. Every story arc so far basically ended in "Oh, they were suspicious at first but they're good people after all! How lovely!" I don't mind lightheartedness, but this game is really lacking in the drama department so far. Not to mention that anything story based wasn't challenging at all. You get that ominous scene when you venture into Elderwood Forest for the final treasure, with the Spirit warning you not to enter and then... you fight two wolves and the rest are basically cutscenes.

I also find the lack of depth disappointing. I've got tons of consumables, but the more interesting ones with temporary effects don't seem to last long enough to be useful, and I honestly find it hard to even remember what most of them do. I found myself just eating a random piece of food hoping it would boost a relevant stat when I was having trouble in a fight because the pouch doesn't tell you what things do, and it would be really tedious to go into the item menu and find the item I want to use in the huge pile of stuff I have everytime.

During my playtime I've had so many ideas for useful items and yet I see none of them. Instead, there seem to be a ton of things that have pretty much the same effect with small variations. There's endless wasted potential in this game, but I'm not really sure it's going to be used up.

Why am I posting this? Oh, first of all, I had to rant for a bit because I really want to love this game - I love the concept, the style, some of the music. The other reason is that, out of the huge pile of stuff you guys recommended me so far, I was wondering wether based on the rant above, you could recommend me something more to my liking. Much appreciated. :)

I will admit the story does lack sometimes but the games main thing is they want you to cycle lives, instead of just being a paladin they want you to get merc or alchemist, By the way alchemist is generally cheaper than just buying potions. Also you tend to miss a lot of stuff if you don't have DLC, some items might not be as useful without it

I get that, and I have actually been cycling through different Lifes quite a bit. The problem I have is, that I'm doing it for the wrong reasons. I started a new Life as a blacksmith yesterday, but I didn't do it because I felt like I NEED to craft better gear to stand a chance in battle. I did that because one of the Plushlings wants me to craft a hammer for him, and I need to reduce the number of sidequests since I've got those maxed out.

I've been seriously considering restarting the game and sticking to one Life only, simply because I'd rather have one set of skills and have that one be useful than dozens of skills I don't really need.

As for the DLC, I wanted to get that, but it says I need to finish the main story before it can activate.

@markasscop Don't let my rant discourage you, it's still a lovely game. Your enjoyment depends on what you're looking for. If your tendencies go more toward grinding, getting stuff done than story completion, this might be the game for you, because there is an endless amount of things to do. Despite my criticisms, I want to point out that there's still a lot of things the game does right.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I get that, and I have actually been cycling through different Lifes quite a bit. The problem I have is, that I'm doing it for the wrong reasons. I started a new Life as a blacksmith yesterday, but I didn't do it because I felt like I NEED to craft better gear to stand a chance in battle. I did that because one of the Plushlings wants me to craft a hammer for him, and I need to reduce the number of sidequests since I've got those maxed out.

I've been seriously considering restarting the game and sticking to one Life only, simply because I'd rather have one set of skills and have that one be useful than dozens of skills I don't really need.

As for the DLC, I wanted to get that, but it says I need to finish the main story before it can activate.

@markasscop Don't let my rant discourage you, it's still a lovely game. Your enjoyment depends on what you're looking for. If your tendencies go more toward grinding, getting stuff done than story completion, this might be the game for you, because there is an endless amount of things to do. Despite my criticisms, I want to point out that there's still a lot of things the game does right.

To be fair the main game doesn't actually push you in terms of challenge at least not to far but the DLC section forces you to toughen up to even access it, minimum level for it is level 50 but even then you need excellant gear to solo the DLC content and good idea of stats or someone who is already higher up in terms of level.

The game does do many things right such as it's fishing mechanic (pretty solid ) but the crafting lives tend to be repetitive if you do them to long hence the mix and matching, also it's better to craft your own gear than it is to buy, same goes for potions, and for the love of god hack down every tree and mine every ORE you can.

Also at certain points in the crafting lives you get to add on a material or add something this is honestly the most annoying thing if you want say more attack power because those additional materials at least the good ones require to go to specific areas and farm the monsters.

But apart from my own gripes with it, it is a good game, it does veer into the run around and grind monsters for items/quests/levels. (ironically money becomes a non-issue later) It does have a good system to it, the leveling scales well, and granted you stat right for each life you won't have overly hard fights or crafts.

I do have to admit that I'm enjoying the game a lot more if I'm doing sidequests. I think it's just the main story mode that's disappointing to me.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I do have to admit that I'm enjoying the game a lot more if I'm doing sidequests. I think it's just the main story mode that's disappointing to me.

Yeah i'll agree there, i enjoy the freedom of roaming the map, if you enjoy sidequests later on in the game the Homeowner Pam will have sidequests galore, you do however need to have access to those blasted lunares coins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom