• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
1725175160653.jpeg

It's no secret that Zelda has strayed away from having any adult protagonists, with even "Adult" Link hovers around a nebulous 16 or 17 years old. Even after the five-ish year time skip between BotW and TotK, Link retains the body of a teenage girl. Should the series think about including an older protagonist in some future entries? Could the franchise survive with Link exuding maximum femboy energy?

It's no secret that Zelda has strayed away from having any adult protagonists, with even "Adult" Link hovers around a nebulous 16 or 17 years old. Even after the five-ish year time skip between BotW and TotK, Link retains the body of a teenage girl. Should the series think about including an older protagonist in some future entries? Could the franchise survive with Link exuding maximum femboy energy?
I genuienly think that any Link older than 25 would be uninteresting as a protagonist. Unless he were an established political player like Zelda or Ganondorf before the events of the game (like in Tears of the Kingdom, when Link is 22), the typical Link arc would ring pretty hollow for a 30 year old guy.

Guinea

Basically Tingle
I would even take it a step further. Old Man Link. Remember the superboss of A Link Between Worlds? Obviously that was a past Link, just old and badass af. Old Link is cooler than any other Link anyway, observe:

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
well firstly they could definitely keep him as is and the series will be fine, but I have no qualms if they made a game w/ an older link, something like in his late 30s?
though curious if it would be an already established link but older or a brand new link that happens to start his journey way older

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I genuienly think that any Link older than 25 would be uninteresting as a protagonist. Unless he were an established political player like Zelda or Ganondorf before the events of the game (like in Tears of the Kingdom, when Link is 22), the typical Link arc would ring pretty hollow for a 30 year old guy.
I dunno. Can anything positive really be said about a protagonist if them being above the age of 20 is enough to make them uninteresting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom