• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rayman Legends No Longer Wii U Exclusive

*Insert typical Nintend00med post here*

Seriously, last week about half a dozen awesome titles were announce and now all of a sudden it's the apocalypse for Nintendo simply because one 3rd Party game decided to go multi-platform? The attempted logic that goes through some heads is astounding.

*Insert typical Nintend00med post here*

Seriously, last week about half a dozen awesome titles were announce and now all of a sudden it's the apocalypse for Nintendo simply because one 3rd Party game decided to go multi-platform? The attempted logic that goes through some heads is astounding.

People aren't mad that the game is going multi-plat, people are mad because they have to wait until September to play a game that is already finished. Even the developers of the game are angry because they worked their a**es off just to get this game released this month and now all of a sudden Ubisoft decides to change the release date to September.

People aren't mad that the game is going multi-plat, people are mad because they have to wait until September to play a game that is already finished. Even the developers of the game are angry because they worked their a**es off just to get this game released this month and now all of a sudden Ubisoft decides to change the release date to September.

I know that, but websites like IGN are having a great time writing off the anger/frustration rampage as a result of butthurt fanboys.

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
I don't know if somebody has mentioned this, but the reason that Ubisoft can't release the game on Wii U in February is because Microsoft has a multiplat policy that goes something like this...

Microsoft said:
All multiplatform games appearing on Xbox 360 must arrive on the platform either the same day or before it arrives on other platforms and must have equal or less content than those other platforms' versions.

So even if Ubisoft wanted to release the Wii U version now, they couldn't unless they decided not to bring it to Xbox. That's why no petition will work. It's not a decision the company just made on a whim - there is substance behind it.

But is it good substance? I don't think so. They should have just kept it a Wii U exclusive from the beginning. I know, I know, the Wii U has a small install base at the moment. That is why I'm just going to look past the game when it releases in September.

And even if they can't do anything, it's really fun to give Ubisoft crap on their facebook page... :lol:

Well, I've been living under a rock because I found out about this today.

I should have seen this coming given Ubisoft's poor business practices but announcing a half year delay two weeks before release is flat-out wrong. At least release the Wii U version on the intended release day. Or the product wasn't anywhere near complete which wouldn't surprise me either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom