• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Avengers: Age of Ultron

Minor spoilers.

Saw it Friday night, loved every minute of it. I was a bit weary at first, thinking it was gonna be too cramped with the large cast, but it wasn't. They made the large cast work wonderfully! It did get a tad confusing at times, especially near the end with all the action seeming kind of all over the place, but it was still solid. One extremely notable improvement over the first one is that it gives all the main characters actual roles instead of characters like Hawkeye simply being there to kill some people. It also did a good job of setting up Civil War with Cap and Iron Man having their disagreements and Cap forming what I imagine is going to end up being his team in the aforementioned upcoming movie. A fantastic movie overall.

One thing that disappointed me, though, is the fact that Quicksilver died. Yes, I agree somebody had to die, but Quicksilver was the wrong choice imo. He was just introduced in this movie and his story was far from complete, so I wasn't hit very hard by his death. Plus, he didn't need to die. He shouldn't have sacrificed himself to save Hawkeye, especially since Hawkeye tried to kill him several times in the movie, including only a few minutes earlier. Still, though, I'm glad Marvel finally got the guts to kill off a main character, because they have a bad history with "killing" characters (*ahem* Phil Coulson, Nick Fury, Captain America, Loki, Bucky Barnes, JARVIS, Pepper Potts, among many others). Minor point, and it doesn't really drop the quality of the movie much.

Marvel's heading in a good direction. 2013 was a bad year for them, but 2014 was fantastic, and now we have AoU. I'm excited for Ant-Man.

9/10

Squirrel

The Rodent King
Avengers: Age of Ultron
9.5/10

It is definitely my favorite Marvel Cinematic Universe movie to date (whereas previously it was Winter Soldier) and I think it was a brilliant movie altogether. I'd say it's only failing was that it felt a bit rushed but it was still a really awesome movie.

Garo

Boy Wonder
Ex Machina.

The most feminist film I've seen in an incredibly long time, but it's insidiously so - it'll worm its way into the minds of those resistant to such audacious concepts as "women are people too" so subtly that they may in fact mistake its incredibly feminist central idea for something completely opposite that.

It's also a really good story about AI.

A.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
Avengers: Age of Ultron.

Sigh.

An inflated, elephantine stinker of a feature -- the best argument yet for the abolition of the star system, by far. Filled with unintentional camp and manufactured emotions, it's no more than a two hour advertisement for the inevitable movie tie-ins. The subtext is alarmingly and crudely fascist, violently sexist, and it's directed the way a cop directs traffic.

Through an astonishingly blunt disregard for examining the conflicting duality of progress and humanity, Age of Ultron simply delegitimizes scopophilic tendencies of the viewer. The masking of narrative subjugates pre-Oedipal anxieties like I've rarely seen before. It launches visual salvos in favor of socioeconomic ambivalence in American society and via the use of mise-en-scene, Age of Ultron demystifies Bergman-esque assertions of the nature of humanity with a rapturous lack of conviction.

It doesn't deserve a rating.

Salem

SICK
Mad Max, 9 or 10/10 This movie is like one of the best I've seen recently.

Tomorrowland, 7 or 8/10 not sure how much I like it.

HyrulePug

You're meeting all of my standards!
I don't quite remember what the last movie I watched was but I think it was the new acted Cinderella. Personally, I really liked it. But, may I say, life won't just happen with magic, you actually have to WORK for what you want.

Dan

Ex Machina

7/10

Quite a refreshing film as many of my predictions as to what was going to happen fell short which is a really nice occurrence. It's a PROPER film(British) about an Artificial Intelligence, and I don't know if I've told anyone this but deep down I'm a sensitive flower and the ending had my in tears. The entire film has a really unpleasant vibe going on throughout, nothing feels right. I honestly recommend it for a watch if you want a neat Sci-fi revolving round A.I.

Mad Mad Fury Road. 7.8/10. Pretty cool, with some major flaws. Probably tied for least favorite in the series, but I still loved it.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
Mad Max: Fury Road
An absolutely spectacular film that took heavy inspiration from the silent era of film-making. The sound design was engrossing and it was a visual masterpiece. The actors and effects were superb and really brought some class back to action movies.
9/10

Mido

Version 1
22 Jump Street: 7.5/10

I was trying to watch this movie for the past two years, but I only got around to it a couple of weeks back. The plot is pretty much the same, but a few twists and turns allow for the movie's humor to shine. Overall, while the humor sticks on pretty well, I didn't find this installment as engaging as the first; however, it was still a treat. 22 Jump Street provides some great laughs; exactly as it is supposed to! :)

I finally got around to seeing Mad Max: Fury Road. It definitely brought back my inner road warrior tingle. I thought the plot itself was rather lackluster, but it was held together by strong characters, visuals, and varied fight sequences. The biggest surprise for me was how great the soundtrack was. I'll have to give it another listen sometime.

9/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom