• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Patch Adams

Robin Williams plays Hunter "Patch" Adams in this comedy drama and I quite liked it. It had a strong setup and a solid story with a good balance between the comedic and the dramatic scenes though a few of the comedic ones felt a bit too over the top for my personal preference. It makes me wonder exactly how much the movie reflects the true story that it's based on. I sincerely hope the scene with the gynecologists played out really similarly in real life.

I did enjoy this movie but found the ending didn't really leave me feeling satisfied. So, for those reasons, I give it an 8/10.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
American Sniper

It actually ended up being quite a bit better than I thought it'd be. For the most part, it was your typical war film, but unlike most others, they didn't include a bunch of bull**** and made it extremely realistic. Of course, that's to be expected when it's under Clint Eastwood's direction. A wonderful performance from Bradley Cooper, and a shocking twist at the very end that I did not see coming at all.

8.5/10

\v/(^3^)\v/ $Ching Ching Chicka Ching Ching$
Heartbroken after watching Titanic last night. It's such a good movie. I give it -- 10/10

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Her

Joaquin Phoenix plays Theodore, a man who falls in love with his new advanced OS Samantha, played by Scarlett Johansson. While the plot of this movie sounds like nothing new, this film was far from clichéd in its approach and I feel that it managed to avoid falling victim to the trappings that movies of this nature often do.

The story is very thought provoking and moves at a very even pace, making it extremely easy to become entranced by its diegesis. I feel that the underlying themes and social commentary of this movie are only going to become more and more relevant as technology continues to evolve at the rapid rate it currently does. The script writer (and director), Spike Jonze, deserves a huge nod for creating such natural flowing dialogue and making the characters feel incredibly real, which for those who have seen this film may be quite an amusing thought.

Overall, I really loved this movie. The negatives are so negligible that they're not even worth mentioning as they in no way detracted from the enjoyment I got from this film. I rate it 9.5/10. Do yourselves a favour and watch this movie if you ever get the chance.

Last edited:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Watched Boyhood the other day.

Great film and very relatable. Given that Mason was around my age, I could parallel with the film somewhat and in some ways it was quite similar to my own life. A nice change of pace for movies.

9/10

Watched Boyhood the other day.

Great film and very relatable. Given that Mason was around my age, I could parallel with the film somewhat and in some ways it was quite similar to my own life. A nice change of pace for movies.

9/10

Great film. Watched it on IFC or Sundance (memory's foggy).

I was rummaging through my bedroom closet, when I happened upon my brother's Thor DVD.

I'm not the type that's big into watching movies, but I had nothing better to do, so I thought I'd give it a shot. The story was so-so, although I thought the characters were great, and there was plenty of action. I give it a 9/10. However, Loki's mere existence accounts for a sizable percentage of my score (lol). Yeah, I have low standards when it comes to movies.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

This movie was very interesting to watch. It's not usually the type of film I'd go for, but it came highly recommended by a very trustworthy source, so I thought I'd check it out and was not disappointed.

Gary Oldman plays Mr Smiley, an MI6 agent called out from forced retirement in order to find a mole lurking somewhere within the organisation. The story was slow paced and built itself steadily as it picked up speed, drip feeding the audience just enough information to keep them comfortably in the dark but satisfied that the plot was progressing. The actors definitely played their parts bringing this story to life and did a fantastic job portraying their characters in both the present and the past.

The only negative this movie had for me were the scene transitions between the past and the present. In a way, they were almost too subtle and sometimes left me unsure whether or not the scene I was watching was still set in the past, or if we'd moved back into the present.

Overall, I rate this movie an 8.5/10. I feel like this is one of those movies you need to watch more than once to fully appreciate and will most likely watch it again at some point in the near future.

Silent Hill

This is not the first time I've seen this movie, though it's the first time I've seen it since its release and I'm almost ten years older than when I first saw this film back in 2006 and I still have never played a single game that this film is based on.

A mother takes her daughter, who suffers from sleep walking and nightmares, to the ghost town that is Silent Hill and along the way helps unearth a secret long since buried by those who once lived there.

Psychological horror is one of my favourite genres and I felt that this film was able to pull it off really well. The effects looked a little bit dated but not by much. The characters themselves were varied and though some were clear archetypes, they weren't over the top as they sometimes tend to be.

There's a point in the movie where I feel it loses a lot of the tension that it builds up to that point, but eventually it manages to save itself with a twist that can be seen coming if you've been paying attention (but caught me off guard many years ago).

Overall, I rate this a 7/10.

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

I loathed the first installment of this franchise, but due to poor weather, I found myself severely lacking in things to do so I decided to finally give this movie a chance. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I did not hate it.

I felt that it was much better than the first, but admittedly preferred many of the scenes where Katniss was dealing with the psychological trauma left by the events of the previous film to the sequences that took place during the games.

I found the ending to be very anticlimactic as it blindsides the audience out of nowhere. Usually I can appreciate a twist in a plot but it felt almost disjointed when it transitioned. I feel like there were many gaps within the story and as if much content was missing from this film, so I intend to seek out and read the books before I see Mockingjay Parts 1 and 2.

Overall, it wasn't horrible, but it's definitely not my favourite franchise. I rate Catching Fire 6.5/10.

Chef

I was less than impressed when this movie began and was ready to call it quits before the first half hour had even played, but I'm glad I didn't. The beginning feels disjointed and the direction that the movie is headed in seems really unclear until the first turning point.

It's hard to talk about the themes in this movie without giving away too much of the plot but if you enjoy stories about fractured relationships, especially those between families, this movie may be for you (assuming you can make it through the first 45mins of the film).

Overall, I give this one 6.5/10 (Most points lost because of the beginning).

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Not sure if it counts as a movie, but I watched What We Do in the Shadows.

10/10 it was hilarious.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Jack

Jack said:
What do I want to be when I grow up? Alive.

Robin Williams plays the eponymous Jack, a ten year old who was born with a disease that causes him to age at four times the normal rate of humans. The story showcases the struggles Jack faces as both he and his parents come to terms with his disease.

Considering that the majority of this movie is carried by child actors, it's definitely better than one would expect. As is my usual gripe with comedy-dramas, I find that the comedy can often undercut the serious message that the drama portion is trying to get across. However, there is a decent balance between the dramatic and the humorous in this film and despite its PG age rating, I was rather surprised at the level of adult content in this movie.

Unfortunately Diane Lane is heavily underutilised in this movie, but she definitely makes an impact during the screen time that was allocated to her. I also found the movie dragged in some places but those scenes were few and far between.

Overall, I rate this film 7/10.

\v/(^3^)\v/ $Ching Ching Chicka Ching Ching$
Yu-Gi-Oh! Bonds Beyond Time
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods
Frozen

^^^I had a wonderful time watching these animated films. So.. I'm rating all three movie(s) a 10/10 score~!

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
Jupiter Ascending: 100000/10
Channing Tatum as a space furry who backflips through Chicago on floating space rollerblades. Nuff said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom