• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Night at the Museum: The Secret of the Tomb

A decent movie at best... not quite as good as its predecessors. It was definitely nice to see Robin Williams one last time though.

6/10

The Interview

It was everything I could expect a stoner comedy to be. It had a ridiculous plot and over the top characters with James Franco and Kim Jong Un. I honestly thought that the controversy would make the movie disappointing, but it actually didn't.

I give it an 8/10.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Cube Zero

I'm a huge fan of the first two installments, but this movie failed to impress me as much. It's supposed to be a prequel to the first film and whilst I appreciate the tie-in, I don't think it was truly necessary. I also found the majority of the movie lacking in the general atmospheric feeling and innovation that both Cube and Cube 2: Hypercube presented with their story.

Overall, I found this movie to be nothing out of the ordinary, so 5/10.

Garo

Boy Wonder
Big Eyes.

This film is at the same time a return to form for Burton, as well as an apparent admission that for the past few years, maybe he's been making films not because of some core emotional truth that speaks to him, but because people like them. This is a film about the dueling desires of artists to create work that people see and like, and to create work that is meaningful to the artist. And it's absolutely lovely, even despite a few weird pacing problems and a half-baked mother/daughter relationship subplot.

B+.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Now You See Me

Eh, it was okay. The visuals were pretty cool, but the use of the "magic" was very annoying. Many tricks were physically impossible with no good explanation. And worst of all was the big twist ending which made absolutely zero sense and was never once hinted at in any part of the movie.

5/10

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
Blood Sport 8/10
It was a karate chop action movie with a straight forward story, to honor his teacher and get revenge for his friend. It had some really great fight scenes but that's all it had going for it.

Sadia

Have a Punderful Day!
Gone Girl
11/10

I'm not quite sure what to say about this movie, other then the fact that I loved it. The plot had me hooked till the end, and the movie was paced really well. The characters were so dynamic. And the acting? Brilliant. Rosamund Pike had me shivering, she was 'amazing.' The film left me with this really jittery feeling that I can't seem to shake off. xD It's a must-watch, but definitely, definitely not a family movie.

Malia

Passive aggressive custom rank B)
The Imitation Game
9/10

Benedict Cumberbatch's performance was fantastic. I was blown away by it. What an -outstanding- talent he has, damn.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Ender's Game

Going into this movie I was not expecting too much from it, but I have to say I really enjoyed it. Asa Butterfield, who played the eponymous Ender, is consistently good at everything I've seen him in, from the TV series Merlin to the film Hugo and was able to carry the story really well as the protagonist.

The story itself was interesting and examined facets of morality that I always enjoy seeing explored in both film and novels. The overall look and feel of the film was much more dramatic than I had anticipated and was happy to see the the visual effects did not look like visual effects, but a part of the actual environment in which the characters lived.

The only real negative for me, was the pacing of the movie. Usually I'd say movies could have been shorter, but this movie could have benefited from some extra time, as some parts in the middle of the movie felt a bit rushed and the ending was a little bit anticlimactic.

Overall, I give this movie an 8/10 and wouldn't hesitate to watch it again.

Last edited:
\v/(^3^)\v/ $Ching Ching Chicka Ching Ching$
Man of Steel

10/10. It is a very entertaining movie. Loved it! :)

Mr. Peabody & Sherman.

Despite having a very convoluted plot and a forced romance, this was still a good movie. I'm surprised at how it got the original source material right compared to other movies based off an old cartoon. As a person who loved the original cartoon back when it came on as part of the Rocky & Bullwinkle Show (I also like it, too), I think the movie gave me a good enough reason to watch the cartoon again.

7/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom