• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

Fig

The Altruist
The last movie I watch the awesome movie that is The Lego Movie! Everyone has to watch this movie! ^^ EVERYTHING (ABOUT THIS MOVIE) IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Rating: ∞/over 9000

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
I Am Legend
8/10

First time I ever saw the movie, so I was pretty scared before it started. But honestly it wasn't as scary or suspensful as I was expecting it to be. And I really really liked it.

Blue Canary

Your Friendly Neighborhood S***poster
This wasn't the last movie I watched, but I'll put it here anyway:

History of Future Folk - 10/10

Hilarious indie movie. I watched it on Netflix, if you were wanting to watch it.

Quest for Camelot. Meh, I don't think this movie's that bad. It's definitely flawed, but far from being a terrible movie, imo. Only problems I have with it are the dated animation, songs, while good excluding two of them, come completely out of nowhere, and very cliche. Not a terrible movie, but far from being great.

5/10

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Hamlet (1996)

We just finished watching it in English class. This movie has amazing acting, for the most part. There was one scene just before the intermission that was a major "wtf" moment, but other than that it was really good. Kenneth Branagh did a great job as both director and playing Hamlet. It was a very accurate depiction of the play.

Overall, I'd give it an 8/10, would watch again.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
Well, I just finished watching Contact, for the first time. And I gotta say, I loved it. It had one of the best as a whole symbolic storylines in a movie I've seen. And I thought it had a lot of good points on the topic of faith and doubt and stuff like that. It's really good, I'd highly recommend it. As for a scale... eeeh...

Contact - 8/10

Contact is one of my favorite movies and it holds a very special place in my heart. The scene when she looks out on a solar system in formation literally makes me cry every time I watch it. Carl Sagan was such a special person and his work is truly numinous. His lust for science and the beauty it conveys is contagious. His desire to make contact with other life forms and for humanity to expand beyond the earth and better ourselves through investing in science and technology has inspired millions of people. His devotion to creating in people a sense of humble inspiration and awe through showcasing the cosmic perspective in such a poetic manner makes him one of the most important thinkers and educators of our time.

Contact is a great movie with some very profound messages. Perhaps the most pervasive one is that we have so much potential as a special that we can rip away the veil of ignorance and tear ourselves free from the bonds of the pale blue dot if we just work together and invest our energy into the things that matter. There is so much out there that awaits us, so many beauties and wonders that lie undiscovered and untouched. We are like fish in a pond blissfully unaware of the world, and perhaps the people, that await us above the surface; a surface we can breach and must breach if we are to fulfill our ingrained destiny as curious beings who want to not feel so along; to not feel so small. We can shine as brightly as the stars we so desparately desire to reach. Beautiful stuff.

I give Contact a solid 10/10.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
3 Idiots

10/10, I highly recommend this to everyone.

This really spoke to me, since it's a movie about engineering college students (even though they're in India). So watching them come up with all sorts of contraptions and studying for those grueling tests resonated. But even more than that, the infectious nature of the main character Rancho Chanchad is astounding. He is exactly the type of person I aspire to be (and to some extent what my IRL brother actually is): challenging social norms and expectations, invading other people's lives and transforming them into the type of people they were meant to be, absolutely loyal to his friends, a brave & great mind that changes smaller-minded people, and a mechanical genius.

I've only seen this movie once so far, but I will be buying it as soon as I get the funds to, it's just that good.

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
Memento.
This is the first time in a while that a movie has left me in stunned silence for a good 10 minutes. I was awed. Already a fan of Christopher Nolan, I knew that watching this would probably **** me up, and I wasn't wrong. It's told in reverse order and the way pieces get revealed bit by bit really just leaves you sitting there like "dude. what."
So, I rate it dudewhat/10.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
12 Years a Slave

This movie really hit a spot. I've seen a lot of movies about the slave trade, but not one of them has depicted the cruelty and absolute horror of being involved in it. It was extremely detailed and very well done. I also love how it was based on a book that was written by somebody about his life.

Reading about slave trading in school and stuff is one thing, but seeing it up close like this was something else entirely. It really changes the way you look at such a topic.

9.5/10, I loved this film!

Salem

SICK
300:Rise of an Empire, 7/10, I guess it's okay, that antagonist though, I never cheered for an antagonist that hard since I dunno Avatar or Star Wars Episode 3.

Spirited Away. Okay, this definitely has to be the best movie I've seen from Studio Ghibli so far. It's definitely a better family movie than Ponyo (Not saying it's bad, though. It's just more of a kid's movie than a family movie.). Glad I got the movie back at Christmas. It was definitely worth it. :)

The movie's a definite 9/10 for me. :)

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Pacific Rim!

I loved this movie cos it knows what it is; giant robots fighting giant aliens. :P Ain't no confusion here, this is what the movie's about! I really enjoyed it actually. I was a little bit confused at the story for a bit but it's pretty fun and really, like I said, it's just a way to explain why humans built giant robots to then fight giant aliens and give a little distraction in-between. Ends up pretty good though. Good special effects, decent storyline, great action! Lead character's hot.

I'd probably give it an 8/10. I was really in the mood to see some robots beat the **** out of aliens when I watched this! :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom