• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

Rudolph the Red-Nose Reindeer: The Movie.

No, it's not the version that keeps airing on CBS every year. It's a completely different version that came out back in the late 90's. It's a decent movie, but it's also pretty cheesy, but I guess that's what you expect from a kiddy movie like this. Despite it's flaws, I still like it. I rate it 5/10 since it's a pretty flawed movie altogether, but still pretty decent.

Fig

The Altruist
Saving Mr. Banks was amzing! Best way to spend my mother's birthday on the 20th of this month!!! Tom Hanks as Mr. Disney was perfection!! *^*

This movies deserves a 10/10!!!!

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

I definitely saw this one as a major improvement over An Unexpected Journey. They took a lot of freedom in making this film so that they could make it the best they could, and it was great! I loved how they introduced Sauron into the story as a way to sort of begin his growth to power as seen in The Lord of the Rings trilogy. His fight scene with Gandalf was just epic. I also enjoyed how they made Legolas a central character, despite the fact that he didn't make any appearance at all in the book. The thing I liked the most, though, was how they really made Smaug more important to the story than he was in the book. Making a huge battle between him and the dwarves (and Bilbo) was a great idea, and it worked really well.

Speaking of Smaug, I loved how they improved his story overall. Introducing Bard as a central character instead of just a random guy who appears in one chapter was awesome. I was really hoping that Bard wouldn't be the one to kill Smaug, but I have now changed my mind. Introducing him early and building up his character will make his fight with Smaug that much more awesome. I'm glad the gang was able to have some action and involvement in the desolation of Smaug, instead of just waking him up and having next to no interaction with him at all.

This film is just amazing, and worthy of being a predecessor to the epic Lord of the Rings trilogy. So much better than An Unexpected Journey on so many levels.

I can't give this film anything other than a perfect score. If I could, I'd give it 150%, but since I can't, it gets a 10/10.

Garo

Boy Wonder
American Hustle. Easily one of the better films of the year, I don't remember having as much fun at the movies in a long time. It's not the most spectacular film, but it's got a great cast playing great characters, and I loved just being able to sit in and watch them talk to each other, lie to each other, scam each other, and screw each other over. It was just a lot of fun.

A

Saving Mr. Banks. This is one of those movies that is so sickly sweet that you feel as if you're going to vomit by the time the credits start rolling. But, in typical Disney fashion, that's the entire charm of the film: that overly sweet innocence that makes even the hardest of hearts smile a bit. Which, coincidentally, is the plot of the film.

If you're a Disney fan, you owe it to yourself to see it in some form, because it's a great distillation of what made Walt Disney the legend that he is today, even if its viewed mostly through the lens of P.L. Travers.

B

Just saw Anchorman 2 on Saturday.

Oh, my god. This movie was amazing. It wasn't disappointing in any way to me. It definitely lived up to the original, but in different ways. For those of you who've seen it, that end fight scene was amazingly strange.

My favorite part, though, had to do with Doby the Shark. Here's the song to accompany him:
[video=youtube;KT_cc2UsAL4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT_cc2UsAL4[/video]

9.8/10, because I didn't think that the stuff with Brick's girlfriend was great.

Garo

Boy Wonder
Captain Phillips.

I love Tom Hanks, and I generally like Paul Greengrass. He did good things with the Bourne films and great things with United 93. This film, however, was far better than what he has done before. Hanks delivers an incredibly performance that just gets better as the film goes on, and things get increasingly intense. It builds to a powerful and affecting conclusion that hints at what the actual outcome of tragedy and harrowing is rather than the glamorized version that Hollywood often presents, and it's easily the film's greatest asset.

A-

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

Ben Stiller's always been hit-and-miss with me, and this one was a knock outta the park. Funny, inspirational, and breathtakingly beautiful at all the right moments, it's a really great movie.

I'll be honest... this movie really got me thinking about what I've been doing with my own life so far. It distressed me that I can relate to Walter at the beginning way more than I really should. I don't think I've done a whole lot with my life, and with me turning 24 it really sank into me. But I'm gonna use it as part of my motivation to get up and actually do something with myself.

So with that, I give it 5 stars. Go see it.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

A movie pack full of beautiful visuals, CGI just-about-everything, well choreographed stunts, Benedict Cumberbatch's voice, most of the story of the book, story that wasn't in the book, unwitty references to The Lord of the Rings (a much better film series), the beautiful and skilled movie-only elf Tauriel (think I spelled her name right), the bad*ss archer known as Bard, one of the greatest dragons in film history (or just overall artistic history), dwarves, and Bilbo; with a little smudge of "The only thing I do in this movie is jump around, kill orcs, and make references to The Lord of the Rings that are full of anti-wit" Legolas.

That sentence tells you just about everything you need to know if you are looking forward to watching this movie.

8/10

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
I just watched Pacific Rim for like the 1000th time so;
1000/10: it's giant robots punching giant aliens with Idris Elba.
I don't know what more you could ask for in a film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom