• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Olympus Has Fallen

2/10

There were so many inconsistencies with this movie. I couldn't get over wrong they got the protocols for invasive forces. That plane at the beginning would never had gotten that close to D.C. The President can't override protocol and bring in foreign ambassadors into the safe room, no matter how much he urges. Nukes don't work like they did in the movie. So, so much.

But the thing that irked me most was how everybody treated the President as if he was God and must be saved at all costs, even at the expense of wars in other countries. There's a reason we don't negotiate with terrorists, in fact I'm gonna say this movie is the poster child for why we don't. He isn't given permission to give out secret information like that, ESPECIALLY if it directly endangers millions of American lives. If I were in that movie's universe and I found out what the President had done, I would have him tried for treason. Yes, the President is an extremely important man, but he is just a man nonetheless, and the position can be filled in if necessary.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Catching Fire - 10/10

If anyone watched the original Hunger Games and enjoyed it, then the sequel is an absolute must-see. Your butt might go numb because it's a 2.5 hour long movie, but it's so worth it. In fact, I might just go see it again.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
9.5/10
It was an excellent movie. I actually liked it a little better than the first.

Garo

Boy Wonder
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.

I was not at all a fan of the original film. It was terribly paced, it paid only lip service to some genuinely interesting ideas and themes in favor of delving into a silly love triangle plot, and the cinematography was outright offensively bad. Not even Jennifer Lawrence could save that mess of a film. The experience turned me off the book series as well, and the book has sat on my shelf, unread, for nearly two years now.

But people I greatly respect who shared my opinion of the first film had been telling me that this new one was actually really solid. So I went, against my better judgement. But am I ever glad that I did.

This film is such a marked improvement over the original in every way that it is hard to believe it's the same series. The pacing is right on the money, unrelenting and propulsive. The cinematography is much more serviceable, and there are even some beautiful shots in there. But most significantly, this is a movie with more on its mind that a love triangle. There's some wonderful thematic heft behind everything in this film. Though once again the titular Hunger Games are the least interesting part of the film, being only a single play in a much larger game of politics, this movie is just interesting from start to finish, and the cast manages to actually shine throughout. Lawrence gives her usual strong performance, but Josh Hutcherson, Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Donald Sutherland, Woody Harrelson, and even Lenny Kravitz all do their part and show off some impressive acting chops.

Seriously. This film is the biggest improvement over a first entry since The Empire Strikes Back.

A-

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Thor: The Dark World

Despite the film coming out a month and a day ago, it didn't reach our theatre until Friday of this week, and I didn't get the opportunity to see it until tonight. Oh, the toys of living in a small town. Anyway, was the film worth the wait? I think so. There were small iffs that I had with it, but they are dismissible. For the most part, I thoroughly enjoyed it (:lol:). I found it a vast improvement over the first one. The story was great, the acting was good for the most part, and the ending was awesome! I give it a 9.3/10.

Garo

Boy Wonder
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

A

I mean, I could rationalize that grade for a bunch of reasons.

But I'm not going to.

I just love spending time in Middle-earth, okay?

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
Frozen was amazing and I loved it, if you loved Tangled you'll love this new Disney movie about a Princess named Anna (pronounced Ana) and a talking snowman named Olaf, who is the funniest thing ever. I give this movie a 10/10

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
The Desolation of Smaug.
No it was so NOT like the books BUUUUUUUT it was an amazing movie anyway nonetheless. I liked the effects and especially Smaug. Middle-Earth is my fav world ever together with a certain Doctor in a blue box so I rate it 9.5

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom