• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

Coffee Town: Despite the really slow opening and somewhat abrupt ending, it was pretty funny and had a good plot once it picked up. - * * 1/2 *

Kickass: Amazing as always. - * * * *

Me watched Kickass, me not really pleased. I give it 3/4 stars.

image_zps69964f3e.jpg

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
World War Z

I give it a 6/10. I am not a big fan of zombie stuff but the movie was okay. The story was good and it wasn't too violent. I happened to be in the theater with two 12 year old boys who laughed at the dumbest things though.

The Conjuring: It really wasn't scary at all. The plot and acting were pretty good. They kept stressing the "based on a true story" stuff which was annoying 'cause these movies are so exaggerated that they lose any shred of credibility they may (or may not) have. - * 1/2 * *

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Don't really rate movies on this site, but I felt I had to mention this film somewhere, and the name is; Martyrs.

Didn't really set out to intentionally watch this film or anything, I was just flicking through the channels when I saw a name and it felt somewhat familiar. Straight away I realised that this film was pretty disturbing, so i was intrigued to watch it, as I haven't been entertained or at least mentally scared by a horror in a while.

I'm not going to give a review here as this film is rather gory, disturbing and probably inappropriate for this site, but I will say that it's one of the most disturbing films I've seen. Why dordoes this film deserve such praise? Well any horror that can impact me like that deserves it's rating, a horror should set out to set such a tone and entertain the viewer in such a manner.

Turns out that this "familiar" name that I recognised was actually an infamous film, known as one of the most disturbing horrors of all time, now I didn't get an extent of that feel, but it was still a great film nonetheless.

On a film rating I would give it a 8.5/10. However, I feel that is unjustified, this is a damn good horror which deserves much more, so rating it just on horrors alone it sits around 9.5/10. The best horror film I've seen in a while and one of a rarity that has evoked what a horror should evoke.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I just watched The Adjustment Bureau on the USA Network. All in all, it was a pretty good movie. I was really interested in the plot, and I really liked how the protagonist refused to give up despite what was put in his way. I loved the theme of "fighting back against the higher power", and the romance entwined with it was nice. It was a really interesting movie, and I liked it a lot.

8.5/10, maybe 9/10.

The Way, Way Back - * * * *

It's a sign of a great film when twenty minutes into it you're fully immersed and never want it to end - and that's exactly how I felt during this movie. I was engrossed in the characters from the get-go and I still am now, half an hour after the credits started rolling. As a coming-of-age tale, it was great; as a comedy, it was great; as a fun summer movie, it was great. I really can't find a flaw in this one. Being a somewhat shy and awkward guy sometimes, I immediately related to Duncan (Liam James). Whether it was his arguments with his mom (Toni Collette), his struggles at romance with Susanna (AnnaSophia Robb), or just wanting to break out of his coy shell, I felt every emotion that Duncan felt. The true heart of this movie was the ardent water park owner, Owen (Sam Rockwell). Owen was the guy who was always there for Duncan and helped him show his true colors. And on the opposite side was Duncan's abrasive stepfather, Trent (Steve Carell). I kept expecting Carell to stop being a d-bag and become Michael Scott, but he remained Duncan's enemy throughout the film; you wanted to like him because he's Steve Carell, but this movie definitely gave the viewer plenty of reasons not to. Overall, it was a fun, heartwarming film that gives you plenty to think about while you're watching and even more to consider afterward. This might be my favorite movie of the year so far.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
The Man with the Iron Fists. 9/10 only because Russell Crowe is part of the cast, but I've seen better Kung Fu style movies.

Saw Pacific Rim in theatres this weekend.

If I were a 13 year old, this would be an instant classic with giant mechs, inter-dimensional sea monsters, a superb soundtrack, and a simplistic story with solid character connections, but as an 18 year old, I'll have to settle for an above average flick.

8/10

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Hmm I recently saw The Mentalist

And I have to say that it was okay. I wasn't completely engrossed. But then again, when am I ever completely engrossed in anything? The acting was great, but the roles themselves were...subpar, at best. ;p Is that a case of bad writing, I dunno.

7/10

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I just got back from the theatre, after watching The Wolverine. I must say, of all the superhero movies that have been released since The Dark Knight Rises, this one is easily my favourite. I love the story, and how Logan has so many fantasies, or dreams, about somebody who, due to spoilers, must remain unnamed. The acting was brilliant, and the fight scenes were extremely well performed. The final battle scene was epic, and while relatively short, was still very enjoyable. And then, dat post credits scene :O

The only thing I didn't like was that it was very predictable. It is really hard to explain without revealing too many spoilers, but I definitely saw everything that happened at the end coming. And when the post credits scene began, I knew who was going to be in it, and what was going to happen. However, it is not a good thing to put the film down for, because most movies like that are predictable.

So, overall, I give this movie a 10/10!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom