• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

Pen

The game is on!
Star Trek Into Darkness

Dude, I can't even describe how extraordinarily spectacular that film was. Before I watched it I had no expectations whatsoever, and afterwards I was literally bind blown. I was speechless! The main villain was great. Benedict Cumberbatch really made an outstanding performance! I also loved the contrasts between the two main characters, Kirk and Spock. It was very entertaining indeed! :D And the music was absolutely fantastic.

This film is a true master piece if you ask me!

Last edited:

Lord Carlisle

He Who Shall Not be Named
The Blindside: 8/10

I think this movie is about as stereotypically and hilariously racist as a motivational heartwarming family movie can get.

Garo

Boy Wonder
Star Trek Into Darkness

I'm a moderate fan of Star Trek - not enough to call myself a Trekkie, but enough to call myself a Star Trek fan - and I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by this film. The curse of the odd numbered installments is clearly over, because this film is a wonderfully entertaining celebration of Star Trek, with callbacks and nods to the franchise that anyone who has been a part of pop culture in the past 50 years will appreciate.

Four stars.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Raising Arizona

It's a nice little comedy but even though it's a comedy...it just makes no sense to me. I found few parts to be TRULY funny, laughing only when others around me laughed to be "in the cool". Actually...the only REALYL funny part of the movie IMHO was "I get them menstrual cramps real hard." lol

2/5 stars

Keeseman

Smash is Life
Iron Man 3. I went in expecting it to just be stuff blowing up (aka the Avengers). But it was much more than that. (Warning: this post is spoiler heavy)

Yes, there were scenes where it was just stuff blowing up, like the army of Iron Men. And of course, it was Tony showing off all of his funky new tech that he develops for the suit.

But while watching the movie, I did quite a bit of thinking (people can actually do that while watching movies? Whaaaaa...). Does anybody remember this line from the movie?

Captain I have no idea what the hell is going on in this century said:
Big man in a suit of armour. Take that off, what are you?

Of course, Tony gave the badass response of:

Moneybags Man said:
Genius billionaire playboy philanthropist.

Then Disney (or whoever it was) decided to answer Captain Murika's question. What would happen if Stark lost his suit? And hell, what if he lost his house and girlfriend and Jarvis and other expensive crap?

Then he gives this line at the end:

Badass Man said:
You can take away my suits, you can take away my home, but there is one thing you can never take away.

I am Iron Man.

Basically, Tony realizes that it's not the suit that makes him Iron Man. Tony Stark is Iron Man, not the suit. That's why there were a whole crapton of action scenes in which Tony isn't in the suit. Those scenes portray this fact.

I also have a bunch to say about how the whole "Clean Slate" thing represents Robert Downey Jr. starting off again with a "Clean Slate" after all his rehab and stuff, just like Iron Man does (minus the rehab). But I'll save that for another time.

Iron Man 3 had something for everybody; whether you're a geek and love Iron Man on the big screen (even though you complain about how the Mandarin was actually a Chinese badguy or some crap), or like thinking deeply about what the movie is saying, or a few good laughs, or **** blowing up, or your ovaries exploding at the sight of RDJ's face, you're going to love this movie.

Iron Man 3 wasn't the best superhero movie I've ever seen - that honour goes to the Incredibles - but I would say that it was as good at the first Iron Man and probably better than the Dark Knight (Great movie, but I hate that rasp. Begins was meh and Rises sucked hard, but I'll gripe about the Nolan films another time).

In conclusion, I give this movie a 16/20. Good job, Disney. Great job, RDJ. A very well done movie overall.

Another funny thing: I saw this movie in a Chinese theatre, so when there were scenes with Chinese doctors talking or whatever, there were no freaking English subtitles. Sure, I've lived here a quite a while, but my Chinese isn't that good. What the hell did they say? Geez...

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
Star Trek: Into Darkness.
After I stopped crying, I was actually able to appreciate the film and just
WOW.
The cinematography is gorgeous (I was basically screaming in my seat because those space shots? UNNNFNFFFFFFFF), the story, great (villian: terrifying.) and overall, just really, really good. I don't know too much about Star Trek but I do like it and it was just
wow.
go see it.
9/10

Star Trek 2: Wraith of Kahn: 9.75/10

I've never had the chance to really get into Star Trek. I've caught bits and pieces of it's various incarnations on TV over the years, and I'm certain I'd readily become a Trekkie if I ever watched the shows in full. I've always heard nothing but good things about Wraith of Kahn, and after finally getting around to seeing it, I can see why. Khan steals the show as a spectacular intimidating villain and the plot is expertly paced, mixing the right amount of intensity and calm exposition. I was able to enjoy the movie without having seen a large amount of the show and the characters quickly grew on me. I can definitely say its now one of my favorite Sci-fi movies of all time, right up there with Alien and Empire Strikes Back.

I'd love to go see the newer Star Trek movie you guys are talking about, Star Trek: Into Darkness, but spending money just to see a movie at a theater one time isn't exactly something I can justify on my budget. Unfortunately, my current access to movies is pretty much limited to old VHS tapes I can get for $0.50 apiece from used goods stores.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Africa: The Serengeti

This movie really was incredibly boring. I have to commend the voice overs and the beautiful nation of Africa though, because I enjoyed seeing and hearing about everything there. Wildlife never ceases to amaze, even if I was left in my chair saying 'is it over yet". <3

8/10

Skittles

Rainbows!

Iron Man 3 had something for everybody; whether you're a geek and love Iron Man on the big screen (even though you complain about how the Mandarin was actually a Chinese badguy or some crap), or like thinking deeply about what the movie is saying, or a few good laughs, or **** blowing up, or your ovaries exploding at the sight of RDJ's face, you're going to love this movie.

Iron Man 3 wasn't the best superhero movie I've ever seen - that honour goes to The Incredibles - but I would say that it was as good at the first Iron Man and probably better than the Dark Knight (Great movie, but I hate that rasp. Begins was meh and Rises sucked hard, but I'll gripe about the Nolan films another time).

In conclusion, I give this movie a 16/20. Good job, Disney. Great job, RDJ. A very well done movie overall.

I really loved it too, this is some nice perspective on it, though, it made me fall in love with Iron Man, which I can't say that the other two Iron Mans really made me do. No, I don't mean I like Tony Stark like that (even if is kind of hot for a 48-year-old dude), but yeah, it made me a fan like I never was before. xD (I personally give the movie a 9.5/10).

Another funny thing: I saw this movie in a Chinese theatre, so when there were scenes with Chinese doctors talking or whatever, there were no freaking English subtitles. Sure, I've lived here a quite a while, but my Chinese isn't that good. What the hell did they say? Geez...

That totally had to stink. It would be like me going into a theatre around my town and finding out the Spanish isn't subtitle...but worse. Though, I almost can see the Spanish non-subtitled in twenty years...*sigh*

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Star Trek Into Darkness

8.5/10

Lotsa pew pew, bang bang and lens flares. And seeing Alice Eve in her undies was nice. Fun, action packed, lots of serious and silly moments. What else could you ask for in a summer blockbuster?

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
Iron Man 3

That was soo BA!!! Iron Man is my favorite superhero!!! I give it 42 stars (get the reference?) out of 5! If your not sure about seeing either Star Trek or Iron Man or whatever else is in theaters right now, I STRONGLY recommend it!

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Star Trek Into Darkness

I'm not overly familiar with the Star Trek series as a whole, but I loved this movie! What with all the action packed fights, the amazing special effects, and the awesome portrayal of PancakeSamurai Spock, it was overall a really good movie!

I gave it a 9.5/10, since I am not a ridiculously critical Star Trek critic :P

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Last movie I watched was Fast & Furious 6.

Having seen exactly nothing of the previous five movies in this series I had no real idea of what to expect. Cars hanging from planes, a tank on the highway and The Rock taking a man's trousers didn't even cross my mind. And yet there they were. This film was glorious. It was just filled with such over-the-top action and total disregard for the laws of physics that it could be nothing but hugely enjoyable. It's also got some genuinely funny moments and, considering there were five films of backstory I had missed out on, I knew what was going on and who everyone was and all of that too. It's very well made, very enjoyable. Would recommend.

8/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom