• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
The Sixth Sense - 8/10

I just watched it last night for the first time. I enjoyed it a lot! Was not expecting that twist at the end, hah.

I really liked how ghosts were scary at first, but as the movie went on, you began to empathize with them. They went from intimidating entities to people just like us who just want some help. I kinda wish we saw more positive interactions with people who passed on and Cole in the second half of the movie.

It was creepy and suspenseful, but also emotional and had a lot of mystery. I love how they combined those together.

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Legend
Saving Private Ryan - 9/10

One of the best World War II movies I've ever watched with the beginning and ending battles being such realistic depictions of the war. The characters are felt real, and the emotional climax delivered. The movie is a bit long, though.
I'm glad you finally got around to watching it. It is a good one. Favorite character?

Daku Rinku

Friend of Fairies
ZD Champion
Focus (2015)
Starring Will Smith and Margot Robbie
A film about a criminal (Will) who hustles and steals in community of thieves on both low and large scales. Watching Will as ammoral person is kinda hard after watching Hitch right before. I better understand why Margot Robbie is popukar, she is great in her role as a intern thief. I loved Henry Wu’s cameo, he is always great in whatever he is in.

anyone else a fan of Serial Mom? I still enjoy that movie whenever it pops up on tv or at least online on streaming apps

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Happy Gilmore -
10/10 personal enjoyment rating

This is a once-a-year for me and it still holds up. Watching it this time, I noticed that this is filmed like movies were filmed in the 90's: Happy's "Happy Place" is not just a place with beer and midgets and ladies, it's also a place where his impoverished and displaced grandma hits the jackpot every time. Like Sandler's early movies, he's a child and is selfish but he's not only selfish, his perfect world isn't only about him, it's also a place where his grandma has no financial troubles.

Obviously, it's no Twelve Angry Men, but Happy Gilmore is a movie I watch regularly and all these years later, it's still a joy to watch. Also, for those about to lash out at Adam Sandler out of pure jealousy (I know you're out there), try Uncut Gems for a reminder of how great an actor he truly is.

Last edited:

Daku Rinku

Friend of Fairies
ZD Champion
Happy Gilmore -
10/10 personal enjoyment rating

This is a once-a-year for me and it still holds up. Watching it this time, I noticed that this is filmed like movies were filmed in the 90's: Happy's "Happy Place" is not just a place with beer and midgets and ladies, it's also a place where his impoverished and displaced grandma hits the jackpot every time. Like Sandler's early movies, he's a child and is selfish but he's not only selfish, his perfect world isn't only about him, it's also a place where his grandma has no financial troubles.

Obviously, it's no Twelve Angry Men, but Happy Gilmore is a movie I watch regularly and all these years later, it's still a joy to watch. Also, for those about to lash out at Adam Sandler out of pure jealousy (I know you're out there), try Uncut Gems for a reminder of how great an actor he truly is.
Happy Gilmore is a hilarious classic.
RIP the real Chubbs, Carl Weathers. I know he’s up there in heaven with Abbe Lilcoln and Gator that got his hand:

IMG_4990.png

Another couple of films I love of his more zany funny fair is The Waterboy and The Wedding Singer:

“Everything is the devil with you Mama!”

“See Billy Idol gets it, why can’t she?”

“You better get back in there, they are turning on George..you suck!”

Of his more serious fair that showcases his range is Reign Over Me (2007) co-starring Don Chealde which is about true friendship between a therapist and man who lost his family in 9/11. The Meyerowitz Stories (2017) has a powerful part about the words you need to say when you say goodbye to someone. Though both movies are for Mature Audiences Only due to explicit scenes.

The Murder Mystery films with Adam Sandler and Jennifer Anniston are enjoyable, they have chemistry, but the problem with mysteries is “once you know who done it,” the thrill is gone.

Daku Rinku

Friend of Fairies
ZD Champion
Godzilla Minus One
Rating: 10 out 10
Major Gojira fan and this film is a masterpiece. It really did deserve the oscar. I love the message of the film, it is timely and much needed in our times. The cast is brilliant, they are easy to connect with and Godzilla finally is not just a monster but also God Incarnate!
I highly recommend it!

There is also a Black & White version on Amazon.

Last edited:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
The Matrix

I have no idea how I somehow avoided ever watching this before and even less of an idea how I was able to go almost 28 years without learning a single plot detail seeing as this is one of the most popular films of all time.

Saw it yesterday for the first time. Incredibly solid, slightly corny at times but honestly that's part of the appeal.

10/10

Daku Rinku

Friend of Fairies
ZD Champion
The Cave (2005)
6 out of 10
Borrows from Pitch Black, even has an actor from it, and of course it uses elements from Alien. What is impressive is how well lit it is without being too well lit that it ruins the terror scenes. The ending was a great grim twist.
It is based on folk legends in Romania, that there is an ecosystem in the mountains, with monsters…

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Sicario - 8/10

This was a pretty dark movie that highlights the violence of drug cartels operating in Mexico and the southern United States that makes you question your morality at times. There are corrupt cops and people who are in cartel busting for revenge. It's definitely a hard watch and extremely violent at times, but it does a good job highlighting the darkness of its subject matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom