• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
Zootopia - 9/10. Pretty much one of the most culturally relevant newer movies out right now.

I just watched this for the first time the other day as well, and I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it. It has themes and humour that both children and adults can appreciate. Solid 9/10.

Pen

The game is on!
Doctor Strange (9/10)

Alright, first of all, the Marvel Cinematic Universe is one of my all time favourite film franchises and Benedict Cumberbatch is one of my favourite actors ever. It is no overstatement to say I was extremely excited for this film. I just watched it at the cinema today, and let me tell ya, it surpassed all of my expectations despite how high they were. I won't spoil anything from the film, but I will say that the cast was amazing, with a bunch of great and memorable actors, and the special effects and music were also splendid!

The way the portrayed Doctor Strange's backstory was really well made in my opinion, and the way they depicted Mordo was very interesting and I think it worked great since it helped the audience get to know Mordo better than I think they would have if Mordo was done exactly as he was done in the comics. Anyway,the sense of progress felt really good and there was some brilliant action and humor. The film had very few connections to the rest of the MCU, which made it feel a lot like its own film. I thought that was a nice change of pace after the recent Captain America: Civil War (even though I really liked that film too).

I feel like there is definitely room for a sequel, which I would love to see in maybe a few years or so. Of course there is a good chance that we will see Doctor Strange again in one of the upcoming Avengers films, but I think that an actual Doctor Strange sequel would be widely appreciated. I will go as far as to say this has become my new favourite out of every super hero film I've seen. I will definitely go and watch it at least once more at the cinema to decide if it might even be my favourite film ever. ^^

Misty

Ronin
How To Lose a Guy In 10 Days: 1/10. It's just a terrible movie with a hot guy and a stupid premise and bad chemistry. It wasn't even good background noise for cleaning.

An Open Secret: 7/10. Geeze, this documentary messed me up. The only way it could have been better was if it focused on the system a lot more than it did. Everyone should watch it and we should all burn hollywood down.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Wait Until Dark: 9/10

Despite being made in 1967, this movie is an expertly crafted thriller. The pacing is nearly perfect, as it moves at a crawl, only to pick up within seconds. This movie also had jump scares that actually scared me due to this amazing pacing.

Other than that, I do not to spoil too much. But if you want to be spooked this Halloween, and want something a little bit more tasteful, I would definitely give this movie a watch.

The last movie that I watched was Kiki's Delivery service. It was great! I would give it an 8.5/10. The art and music were excellent as are all Studio Ghibli's films. There was a little bit more of a plot than Totoro so that was a plus. (Even though Totoro was also great)

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
82% The Babadook

Watched it last night, it was recommended Halloween watching on Netflix. I'm not going to lie, I'm very critical when Rotten Tomatoes rates a movie very favorably. As I watched it though, through its tropes and awkwardness, I became acutely aware that the movie was about more than it first let on. I don't want to spoil it but I will say that, like every horror movie, the ending was disappointing. Still, it was well filmed and had an artistic air about it.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Doctor Strange, Yo!

8/10

As much as can be expected of the MCU, especially for a character's debut. Fun, imaginative, entertaining - outstanding use of CGI - Cumberbatch and Mikkelsen and the whole cast nail it, and it's neat to have a whole new facet to the MCU.

I was surprised to see Cumberbatch using an American accent. I wasn't expecting that but I suppose it makes sense if his character is American. Despite deviation from the source material I'd think his native British English would have been more appropriate, but I found it uncanny how much his American voice sounds like Dennis Quad.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
82% The Babadook

Watched it last night, it was recommended Halloween watching on Netflix. I'm not going to lie, I'm very critical when Rotten Tomatoes rates a movie very favorably. As I watched it though, through its tropes and awkwardness, I became acutely aware that the movie was about more than it first let on. I don't want to spoil it but I will say that, like every horror movie, the ending was disappointing. Still, it was well filmed and had an artistic air about it.

Not often are horror films given a good rating so when one is I am always interested to see it. Another highly rated one is 'It Follows' which is a must see.

My Scientology Movie 7/10 - It doesn't really uncover a lot of mysteries we might want to know about the church but Louis Theroux's documentary is entertaining and well made nonetheless.

Misty

Ronin
Eva: Unsurprisingly very good. The kid actress killed it as Eva, the guy lead has been great in everything and while at times he felt a bit wooden, he still did an above average job. Problematically, it sometimes edged on melodrama and it wasn't exactly the bracing exploration of humanity the concept promised. Still, I unreservedly enjoyed it and the camera-work was a delight. 8/10.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Jack Reacher:Never Go Back - 6/10

I haven't read the book of this one so I cant say how different it was from that. As a film it was a pretty average and unremarkable. I dont feel it was a necessary sequel. Its predecessor was surprisingly good. All i can say about this one is it was watchable and I didn't feel I wanted to walk out of the cinema during it's runtime.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
The Big Short 7/10

Pretty well done for a heavily dramatized based on a true story. Lots of financial mumbo jumbo the script does its best job to try to explain to laymen in an entertaining informative and totally-no-at-all-condescending-nope-not-never sorta way. Very engaging. Great acting all around. It focuses entirely on one culprit behind the 2008 financial crisis, but to good effect for what it's trying to convey so I'll forgive it it's lack of comprehension.

also, Joe Rogan: Triggered on Netflix

if you can't take a joke, retreat to your safe space and don't come out. If you can take a joke watch and try not to die laughing.

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
The Blind Swordsman: Zatoichi - 8/10

Excellently hammy, over-the-top samurai film from the early 2000's directed and starred by Beat Takeshi. Watched it in my first year seminar on Japanese culture. Had such a blast with it. My favorite part is where the main character cuts through a stone lantern with a katana.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom