• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Star Wars again 8/10

Yes, I enjoyed the heck out of this. Compared to FA I know I will remember why I enjoyed it even.

Rouge One is Star Wars with balls. This is what I wanted FA to be but FA played it so safe and lazy. Rogue One is more of what I expect from a Star Wars adventure. Heck, by now it is more than I can expect from a Star Wars movie. If SWVIII can just sack up and be like Rogue One then it wouldn't have been a wasted effort.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
Star Wars again 8/10

Yes, I enjoyed the heck out of this. Compared to FA I know I will remember why I enjoyed it even.

Rouge One is Star Wars with balls. This is what I wanted FA to be but FA played it so safe and lazy. Rogue One is more of what I expect from a Star Wars adventure. Heck, by now it is more than I can expect from a Star Wars movie. If SWVIII can just sack up and be like Rogue One then it wouldn't have been a wasted effort.

This is pretty much exactly how I feel!

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story 8/10

This movie has some of the best action in the series, the best space battle since Return of the Jedi, a new and extremely witty droid, some charming family plot, Darth Vader tearing **** up, and a very bittersweet ending. My only gripes are the missing famous opening screen text crawl, bland new villain, and the lack of backstory for most of the Rogue One squad.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly 5/5

Most westerns bore me to sleep. This one, however, not only kept me awake, but kept me immersed and excited the whole time. I live the acting, characters, and music. I liked it so much, I watched the whole thing again within a few days.

Squirrel

The Rodent King
La La Land

10/10

This is the first 10/10 I've ever given on this thread. Seriously. Christ it was good. I am a super-nerd and I love action movies and I liked it more than Rogue One :eek:
I'm also really into music though so that might be why. xD But there isn't a lot of singing and musical numbers like you'd expect in a musical. Ryan Gosling plays a musician so a lot of the movie focuses around music and it's weaved in quite nicely so that it doesn't give that vibe of being a standard musical. I thought it was amazing and super-awesome and you all should go see it :3

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Resident Evil: The Final Chapter - 6/10

This was actually one of the better entries of the series. It does some retconning right off the bat so certain parts of previous films make no sense now (Were they trying to make the RE timeline like the Zelda timeline?) however as a standalone film this is actually a rather decent watch

Well i've had a bit of a horror marathon the last two days so...

Shutter (remake)- 4/10
Mirrors (remake)- 4/10
Ring 2 (remake)- 4/10
The House at the End of the Street- 5/10
Would You Rather- 2/10

The Lobster- 4/10 (this one wasnt a horror, just pretentious)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Well i've had a bit of a horror marathon the last two days so...

Shutter (remake)- 4/10
Mirrors (remake)- 4/10
Ring 2 (remake)- 4/10
The House at the End of the Street- 5/10
Would You Rather- 2/10

The Lobster- 4/10 (this one wasnt a horror, just pretentious)

Does not look like you were too impressed with your watchings.

Have you seen It Follows? If you are doing a horror marathon I recommend it. It is one of the best horror films I have seen.

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
Yu Gi Oh! The Dark Side of Dimensions - I went to see it in the theater for its initial screening. Was pretty surprised by how good it was, and I also got a sweet-ass Obelisk card. So I got my money's worth.

I love that the movie takes everything Yu Gi Oh and turns it up to eleven. Especially Kaiba's ego. Speaking of Kaiba, he completely steals every scene he's in, with the utmost dramatic flair. He also makes an elevator to space. You can't stop Seto Kaiba.
The villain, while nothing groundbreaking, was a lot better than the traditional Yu Gi Oh movie villain with zero depth and ultra-vague motivations and boring personality. I think they tie things in with the series rather well, with both the villain and just the plot in general.
If the movie has a flaw, it's the excessive use of CGI, which is used for just about every large monster in the film. It's pretty off-putting, especially since everything else looks gorgeous.
Above all, the movie was highly entertaining and much more than I expected it to be. It's camp and hilarious and wonderful.

It was a tough call, but I've decided to settle on an 8.5/10.

Does not look like you were too impressed with your watchings.

Have you seen It Follows? If you are doing a horror marathon I recommend it. It is one of the best horror films I have seen.

I think its a horror thing to suck but i'll keep an eye out for that one.

Also,

The Apparition- 4/10
Visions- 5/10

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Alright guys, look. This movie is stupid, it's ridiculously violent, it's brutal, it's awesome, there's not nearly enough sex in it (which is actually kinda refreshing), and it is barely legal levels of super happy mildly perverse remarkably stylish fun.

John Wick Chapter 2

See it.
Bring the kids.

10 glory kill headshots/ 10

Last edited:

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
The Lego Batman Movie
Overall pretty funny with a decent amount of heart and tons of references. It is also ridiculously pretty, definitely worth seeing in the cinema.
8 bats out of 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom