• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

All Might

You are your own destiny
Forum Volunteer
Star Wars marathon part 2: The Sequels Strike Back

Episode IV: A New Hope - 6/10
There's really not a whole lot to say about this one, but it gets the job done as far as laying the foundation for the rest of the series. I found it hard to sit back and enjoy the film as a whole given the large amounts of downtime between each action scene, and some of the effects are aged poorly despite being on screen for two seconds. And is it just me, or is the Obi vs. Vader duel the weakest lightsaber fight? It just boils down to them poking sticks at each other. By the way, Greedo totally shot first!

Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back - 8/10
Yeesh, that abominable snowpuppet looks so fake it's almost believably scary. I never really cared for this installment, but at least the pacing is a lot better and there are more action scenarios. It might have something to do with the "love triangle" being entirely weird in one spectrum, and the plot twist at the end cemented that notion growing up. Luke's duel against Vader is one of the coolest in the series, though. Like father, like son.

Episode VI: Return of the Jedi - 9.5/10
One of the biggest draws to the Star Wars universe is the prominent struggle between light and darkness, and EpVI delivers that in spades. After the stellar infiltration and escape from Jabba's palace, this final entry picks up steam as the Rebels move to take out a rebuilt Death Star. Luke gives himself up, turns Vader against the Emperor, and takes his dying father's helmet off to reveal that James Earl Jones isn't who he used to be. The Force works in mysterious ways... :suspicious:

Tune in next month(!?) for part 3: Undisclosed Trequel Title!

Twenty Feet From Stardom - 6/10
Kinda just as expected. Very interesting, but left me feeling a little depressed that such talented people can't make it "big" in comparison to the nonsense that is churned out nowadays. (and even back then)

Spider Man Far From Home 8/10
Loved it and so glad we're getting another, again though it's another individual marvel film that for me has been better than the actual avengers films

I finally watched Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse after having everyone I know recommend it to me. I wasn't expecting much from it as at the time of it's release I was a little wary of the sheer amount of hype and how often that correlates to an underwhelming experience, however I was thoroughly impressed.

There's a particular plot point that I won't spoil in case anyone hasn't seen it, but it's an emotional one and it hit me hard. We're used to the grief of comic book stories and remain immune to it due to most superhero tragedies being reversed or otherwise inauthentic in some way. However, seeing one come to life on screen and remain so concretely part of the narrative made me genuinely sad and I'm glad they stuck to their guns on it.

Other than that I was impressed with the action. Some of the live action Spider-Man films are great, but the character has an athleticism and fluidity to him that simply isn't possible to reproduce without CGI. Even then, it can be tricky to reflect his motion in a realistic way. So going into a fully animated film allowed the animators to really get crazy with the fights without having to worry about it l;looking contrived quite as much. For the first time I felt like I was truly watching Spider-Man come to life in front of me. It wasn't restricted by live action, and it wasn't trying to emulate real life like most animated flicks are. It remained confident in the rules of it's own universe and that helped me to remain immersed.

The animation was great, the acting was great and the story was great. I can't really ask for much more. It gets an 8.5/10 and I look forward to rewatching it at some point.

Siphonix

Eater of Worlds
Ehhhh.. The last movie I watched was Men in Black International, only because I was watching it with my sister and she is a very picky individual, as to why she chose that movie, I will never know. But.. I mean. It was alright. I would rate it... A 6/10. The movie was just kind of too slow, the only quality parts were the ending and the few fighting scenes.

I have just watched coming to america.
10/10 always love Eddie Murphy films. As it happens there is a Coming to America 2 coming 2020 too.

The Incredible Hulk.
I've not seen it all yet but so far I'm liking it. The little references thrown in are good.
:)

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
The Irishman - Netflix

ME: [40 minutes in, bored out of my skull, thinking] For three hours, I can watch this insufferable snooze fest, or I can watch Return of the King.
ME: Turns off TV, goes into the kitchen to make grilled cheese.

7.5/10 sufficiently buttered, but cheese wasn't runny enough.

Dio

~ ZD's Pug Dealer ~
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker 7/10

I enjoyed this but it's a dumb movie. It can't really be helped of course. Episode 8 didn't give it much good material to work with so the first part of this film is undoing the previous movie and setting up a new plot rather than concluding something everyone was desperate to see resolved. Much like 007 Spectre it tries to tie all the past films together and without the plot points having being planned and alluded to all along and crafted into the existing narrative it isn't as satisfying as it could be. And without much of the the prior setup from previous films this movie seems like too much was crammed in for a single outing. This should have been two films and had more time to develop the plot.

There is a LOT of fan service and I particularly liked the Palpatine stuff and them cramming as many memes in as they could get. Still if you really wanted good writing and an interesting addition to the star wars lore you probably aren't going to like it. In fact now that I have seen them all I can safely say this whole trilogy doesn't add anything interesting at all to the film lore. I think they are enjoyable movies but that's about it.

Star Wars The Rise of Skywalker 4/10

Worst mainline Star Wars movie. It brings back a villain who very clearly died before as an asspull, has very underwhelming deaths for major characters, the plot is bouncing from planet to planet on a scavenger hunt, and the final battle is a worse version of the Battle of Endor. The highlight of the film was C3PO. Really glad to see he got his time to shine in this sequel trilogy. He's a bright spot in a cacophony of errors.

Moe the Moblin

We Are Number One
Star wars- the last Jedi

Euhm... it's pretty medium. I think it's overall better than the force awakens, but I have a few gripes that really hurt the overall enjoyment of the movie. It has cool themes and neat character development though.

Give it a 3/7, rogue one would be like a 6/7, a new hope is like a 4

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
ZD Legend
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker 6/10

Cool movie with excellent cinematography and great acting but oh god what a messy plot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom