• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Game That You Played

Super Mario 3D World

I went in expecting something very similar to 3D Land, so I wasn't very surprised in that aspect. Where 3D World does shine, though, is level design and multiplayer. There is a nice scaling difficulty, with some of the later levels actually getting to be rather hard. The multiplayer is amazingly fun, with 4 playable characters that all play differently. You can even unlock another character after the main 8 worlds, too! Another thing is how gorgeous this game is. 60 FPS, HD graphics, and eye popingly bright colors make this a beautiful game to look at. One of my favorite little things is how cat Mario prances around.

Overall, with great gameplay, level design, music, multiplayer, and graphics, Super Mario 3D World gets a 10 out of 10.

★★★★★★★★★★

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I am currently playing about three games. so here we go

A Link Between Worlds, i know we are all bias here but that game is a 10/10. at least a 9.5, loosing .5 due to lil things i wish would have made it into the game or continued from ALttP

Super Mario 3D Land (3DS), great game ill give it an 8/10 simply cuz of the super short levels, even unlocking secrets was simple. But the game is a perfect mix of classic mario with cool power-ups, but plays like Mario 64, great game.

Im playing through Cave story right now, and i wont rate it, but i will say that it has a great chance at getting a high score cuz i'm having a good time, who needs pretty graphics?

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
Super Mario 3D World was......... kinda meh. I mean, the level design was excellent, and the graphics were amazing. However, I just didn't have the type of fun I used to have with previous Mario games. I'm gonna give it a 8.5 out of 10.

Fire Emblem: Awakening was literally one of the best games I've played, ever. It was awesome, the story was amazing, the 3D visuals were great, and the gameplay was terrific. The amount of content in that game surprised me, and I found myself playing for hours. If I dare say this on a ZD fansite, but I think I like it slightly better than ALBW. :P

10 out of 10.

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks.

I wasn't really looking forward to this game at first because of the bad taste I had with Phantom Hourglass. But, after playing it for a couple hours, it turns out that the game is actually better. The gameplay is more responsive this time (it still has issues, but not anything extreme), the soundtrack is great so far, and the plot is actually leagues better than Phantom Hourglass's. Overall, I think Spirit Tracks is a better game. I'll give it an 8/10.

Sheik

:the:
Sonic Colors

This was overall a great game, but there were some things that held it back from a better score for me. These things usually have to do with the level design, not in all levels, but there's always that one level with a really crappy platforming section that's frustrating as balls. And there's also several boring side-scrolling based levels that try to implement sorts of puzzle mechanics, but end up being monotonous and slow.

Sonic controls mostly well. The levels, aside from the small gripes I had above, were pretty fun. The most fun I had with this game was in the fast 3-D sections where you could drift and boost and do all that fun stuff. Unfortunately, these sections are rather uncommon, which is a bit of a shame. Oh, and most of the bosses are rehashes/get rehashed, which is lazy.

The levels are filled to the brim with detail. The Wisp power were a new fun addition to the core Sonic gameplay as well.

The plot is decent, I guess...? I honestly haven't played many other Sonic games, so I'm not sure what to compare it to exactly. I could have done without some of the childish humor in the cutscenes, but I guess it is a game aimed for kids who would enjoy this humor. The setting is something new and stellar (interstellar).

The visuals are amazing- in my opinion, one of the greatest-looking games on the Wii- and the music is incredible as well.

Uhh, I can't think of anything else to say about it off the top of my head.

79%

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard

This game is so incredibly frustrating, and so extremely addicting, that I hate it... which is why I have to give it 9/10

I seriously can't get enough of this game. It's fun, addictive, and a great way to pass the time! Of course, I'm almost at 10 hours and I've only beaten it twice, but still..

Yoshi's New Island.

Uhhhhh, this was a pretty mediocre game. Not saying it's bad, but there were some things that put me off while playing it. First off is the music. Geez, must they use kazoos throughout the damn soundtrack?! It's like they tried to make the music as childish as possible (which the series already is, but at least they have good soundtracks that aren't filled with kazoos). Thankfully, not all of the music is like that. I thought the castle/fort music was pretty sweet, but overall, the game has an unforgettable soundtrack.

Second is the graphics. The 3D visuals are pretty cool, but the graphics overall aren't all that great. It's like they tried to do the same technique that the previous Yoshi games & Kirby's Dream Land 3 used, but imho, they pretty much failed with that technique for this game. If it used 2D graphics, then the technique will make the graphics look more interesting. I'm not the type of person who bashes graphics first before the gameplay, but this was the second problem that came up on me when I first played the game.

Third problem is the gameplay. Half of the time it's fine, but the controls don't seem to be all that reliable to me. Good example of this is that whenever I want to jump, I Ground Pound instead (and I didn't press the analog stick down). It happens sometimes, though, so thankfully it isn't a big issue for me.

The fourth problem I have is the big retcon at the beginning, Wait, so the parents of Baby Mario & Luigi from the first Yoshi's Island game aren't their real parents at all? Seriously, this bugs me to no end.

Lastly, the boss battles. 3 hits for each boss? No, just no. They need to have more hits besides 3. This also applies to the last 4 boss fights in the game, too. It's obvious that this game is constantly holding your hand throughout since from what I've seen of it, the game is just way too easy. Far easier than the original Yoshi's Island. This is further proof that games these days are getting way too easy with no hint of difficulty or challenge whatsoever. Sure there's some exceptions, but my point still stands.

I'm so glad I didn't pre-order this game. It's certainly not as good as the first Yoshi's Island. Still, it isn't too terrible of a game, but if I want to play a good 2.5D sidescroller, I'd play Kirby Triple Deluxe.

6/10.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Super Mario 3D Land

This game honestly surprised me. I didn't expect much coming into it. I'm not the biggest fan of Mario games, or platforms in general, but I really did enjoy this game. Each level was unique, cool, and fun. The game never got bland or felt repetitive at all. This game does have some moments that are difficult and take a fair amount of skill. I honestly feel like 100%ing this game, and I've never wanted to do that ever. Getting ever Star Coin and getting a gold flag on every level just feels really satisfying for some reason. Even though this game is pretty simple and easy at times, and if you suck badly like me it gives you an invincibility suit or an item that teleports you to the end, it was still a fun and enjoyable game. I'd give this game a 7.5/10. It's not in the competition for greatest game of all time, or even greatest Mario game, but it's still great for what it is. I would recommend this game to just about anyone.

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Oh my goodness! Finally a game that lived up to it's hype! I was honestly scared that it wasn't going to be as good as people said it was, but I absolutely love this game. The story is simply amazing. I haven't been this drawn into a video game story since Majora's Mask. I also love how you can make your own character. The customization is limited but it still was a great feature. The team customization, pairing, classes, and relationships really added more to the combat and made me more drawn to the characters. The game does get difficult at time, especially in classic mode when every move matters, but it's really satisfying when you finally beat the level without having a single fighter dying. I can safely say this is one of, if not the best 3DS title on the system, and already one of my favorite games of all time. I haven't even finished the game and I'm already obsessed with it. I give this game a 6 golden bananas plus out of Shigeru Miyamoto. It is truly a masterpiece.

Fig

The Altruist
Pushmo World was I game that I decided to try out and if you are into puzzles, this is a game meant for you. It really is light-hearted and the puzzles really make you think when it comes to solving the puzzles! What's great is that the more puzzles you solve, the more custom parts you would obtain for you to use when you created your own puzzles. Nonetheless I really enjoyed my time playing Pushmo World and for $9, it really has a lot of content in-store for the player. Pushmo World for me gets a solid 8/10.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Assassin's Creed III

It's not a bad game, and I've come to enjoy it. The story was engaging, the characters enthralling, the graphics excellent, and it's overall a good game. The multiplayer is fantastic, and that was truly the icing on the cake. I'm hesitant to purchase ACIV, as I wasn't a fan of the sailing in ACIII, but AC Unity looks decent; however, I don't think it will be released for the Wii U. If I had to rate the game I'd give it a solid 9/10.

Mega Man Legends.

Ugh, this game isn't all that great, tbh. The controls are way too frustrating for me to play. I know it's an old game from the PS1 era, but I still don't like the controls for the game. They're extremely dated. I highly doubt I play this one all that much. It doesn't help that I'm not much of a Mega Man fan to begin with. The game would've been great if the controls weren't so frustrating.

4/10

octorok74

TETTAC
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist.

Top notch game actually. Extremely challenging depending on your play style, fun, looks great, and there is also couch co-op. Downsides are that the multiplayer sucks now since everyone is super high level and tricked out. Also, the people online that do co-op don't know how to stealth at all, especially in the stealth missions where you can't be detected. My final rating on this game is a solid:

8/10

Just finished Batman: Arkham Origins. I'll give it a solid 7.5/10 I think. I found that it was on par or just a little better than Asylum but not as good as City
Anyways, great game, and I'm really pumped for Arkham Knight now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom