• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Game That You Played

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
The Quarry was made by the same people who made Until Dawn.

And this isn't exactly an 80s movie. I don't want to spoil the story narrative but the only 80s tropes the movie has are the fact that it takes place in a Summer Camp and the characters can be considered stereotype tropes in a sense. However it is a modern setting rather than trying to emulate the 1980s. The characters have their cellphones that are used to light up an area and to catch a photo or video on occasion.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Spoilers galore, tread at risk if you're still avoiding.
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom.

This certainly was a game. Ever since I got into Zelda, all the talk has been about BotW2, and I eventually got in on the hype. It came out, and I put over 100 hours in under 2 months, which was insane, I never put that kind of time into a game. So this means I loved it, great game, new favorite Zelda, right?

Nah.

It had it's pros and cons.

Pros:
Gameplay itself was pretty fun. It was the map reused from BotW, sure, but adding all the caves and other fallen stuff made it interesting. Zonai devices and building stuff with ultrahand was pretty fun also. Not to mention the sky islands+the depths. The sheer amount of content was a bit overwhelming at first, but once I got the hang of it I had a lot of fun. Unlike BotW, where I felt more like I was a part of the world, in TotK I felt... In control. I'm not really sure how to say this, but where BotW feels like a survival game, TotK feels like a survival sandbox.

I know a lot of people, myself included to some extent, wished the depths could have been more horror focused, but I didn't mind them as they were. I liked the atmosphere, it was gloomy, no pun intended. Finding all the lightroots to fill in the map was neat since you filled it out in smaller portions than the overworld.

Sky islands are also one of the game's strong suits. The challenge of getting up to them, then getting to each one to see what was there was a lot of fun and I wish I'd gotten started on it sooner. Also, finding the old maps to get classic Zelda outfits without the amiibo was super nice, and made it a bit ironic that GameStop had the TP Link amiibo when I went there.

The best part was by far the sages. Working with them on the approach to the dungeons (especially Tulin. He was the best part of the whole game tbh) was fun, having a companion in the dungeon was nice, then the avatars were super useful. Except for Sidon.

Cons:
Story was a lol. It had some potential, but it suffered just like BotW did from the "just do whatever you want in any order" formula. Zelda games need a set order to return, that's how you drive a plot and gameplay.

Also the ending. Final boss was fun, I liked the difficulty leveling. I did more flurry rushes on the final boss than I have in my almost 200 hours of BotW and TotK combined. That's about all the good I have to say about it. The demon dragon part was so incredible stupid, as well as overly edgy. "Demon dragon" give me a break. I much rather would have had it end when I beat Ganondorf with his extra extra health bar (also why couldn't they have centered that.)

I could probably say more but I'm just ready to be done with this game. I put 100+ hours into it, it was great fun, but I'm ready to move on from it.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
MV5BZDExZDI4MmItNGRlMC00YTcyLTg0NTItZDk4ZGE5YzQwZDdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTY0Nzk1MzI@._V1_.jpg

I started Nier Replicant back in 2021, but didn't properly finish it until just a few hours ago. The game has multiple endings and cycles for you to play through and I didn't finish the last two until today.

It's a sad game. It's a game that points out how awful it is that gamers have become accustomed to slaughtering hordes of people without a second thought. It's a game that will make you feel like the bad guy even as the narrative rides the protagonist train all the way to ending station. And while it is very much a graphical update of a game that looked dated even in 2010, it's got a story to it that's hard to put down.

9.5/10.

Last edited:

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Fallout: New Vegas
I had a ton of fun with this game, and even though I’ve only beaten the main story and still need to play the DLC, I’m content with saying this is one of the best open worlds I’ve ever played. Just be sure to play on Steam so you can use console commands to remove the stupid weight limit restrictions that Bethesda is obsessed with ruining their games with. 8/10

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
Little Hope.jpg

Little Hope

10/10

I was not expecting the gameplay twist that resulted in me still saving the main characters from every death encounter BUT not the final death encounter. You had to jump certain hurdles to save everyone. I only saved Andrew, Anthony, and Angela. RIP David, Taylor, and the Prof.

Just started House of Ashes earlier today. Time to defeat ancient Sumerian Vampires!!
House of Ashes.jpg

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
View attachment 71569

Little Hope

10/10

I was not expecting the gameplay twist that resulted in me still saving the main characters from every death encounter BUT not the final death encounter. You had to jump certain hurdles to save everyone. I only saved Andrew, Anthony, and Angela. RIP David, Taylor, and the Prof.

Just started House of Ashes earlier today. Time to defeat ancient Sumerian Vampires!!
View attachment 71570
So you prefer the A names??

I finished the first Megaman Battle Network game. Cool to see where it started and all but a bit simplistic and on the shorter side for my taste. Replaying 2 after all these years I can really appreciate how much it expanded with new ideas to take it further. Even so, a fun little game with lots of charm. 7/10

Also finished The 25th Ward…well, I’d “finished” it years ago, just not all the endings. Without spoiling much, there are about 100 to get, and it involves going through this same sequence over and over again. May seem short at first, but just to give an idea, my total playtime went from 18 to 24 hours…man. I’m never doing that again. I am glad I replayed from the beginning though, as well as after going through Silver Case a few times for good measure. Feel like I understood a lot more this time around. Maybe not all the specific details, but definitely some of what the story and message are all about. Can definitely feel some parallels between these and Killer7…which I might play again next. Music is great, love the writing and art, just wish the interactivity was a bit more involved beyond the puzzles, which are admittedly better than the first game. Something between an 8-9/10 for me just for how much the story resonated with me.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Fallout: New Vegas’ DLC
There are 4 story expansions in the game and my opinions on them are as follows:

Honest Hearts: Pretty good. I liked the characters and plot well enough. There’s not really much to say apart from that as it really just feels like more of the base game to me. The companions are incredibly annoying though. 6/10

Dead Money: This one was painfully bad. Just annoying gimmick after annoying gimmick. It actually made me want to drop the game entirely. You’re not even allowed to go back to the main game until you finish, which was also the case with Honest Hearts but at least that one was actually fun. The only redeeming quality is that some of the characters are marginally interesting. 1/10

Old World Blues: this would be a lot better if it weren’t for one fatal flaw: one of the prominent enemies is heavily resistant to ballistic guns. This is a problem because I put absolutely no points into any other method of attack. This is partially my fault, but at the same time I had no way of knowing this ahead of time. This causes the game to slow to a crawl as I have to fight 5 enemies at a time that each take a good 10-15 shots to kill with my primary weapon. Apart from that, the overworld is really annoying to traverse. On the bright side, the writing here is really funny and some of the level design is great, so this is probably the one I spent the most amount of time on despite its flaws. 5/10

Lonesome Road:
This one felt comparatively barebones, probably because the world itself was very linear without much in the way of deviating paths. The story was also quite disappointing, as it built up to a final confrontation with the villain only for the conversation with him to just kinda fall flat. Some of the new items are cool though. 4/10

As much as I loved the base game, the DLC was rather underwhelming. I’m glad I have it if only because of the extra items and higher level cap, but if I ever play New Vegas again I’m probably just going to skip it and stick to the base game. Maybe i’d replay Honest Hearts. Overall the DLC is a 4/10

Last edited:

DivineDragoness

Bombergirl Xtreme
Pokemon Heart Gold, and it's a 10/10 for me.

Definitely the best remake of the series, on top of the generation it's remaking arguably the best of the series. There were soooo many amazing improvements and additions. I might even try the Battle Frontier for the first time if I've got enough time on my hands coming up.

Probably biased since it was my first one ever played but whatev

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom