• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rank the bosses of Twilight Princess

1. Stallord- Hopping on the Stallord-love bandwagon, I found it to be a fun boss and a good use of the spinner.
2. Blizzetta- After a scary reveal, this ice battle doesn't disappoint, forcing you to check surroundings and use the Ball and Chain correctly.
3. Zant- Many phases, and an awesome twist about Zant's true personality. I like how you use the strategy of the boss you fought in each arena to kill Zant.
4. Argorok- An epic fight in the sky. Uses the double clawshots really well, and is intense. It just gets repetitive really fast.
5. Ganondorf- Fantastic final battle, but it drags. Each individual fight is good, but all four is quite an ordeal. Love the sword fight at the end though.
6. Morpheel- I like the idea of fighting a gigantic fish as a boss. I wish it wasn't so easy.
7. Armogohma- A very creepy and overwhelming spider, and is fun to take out. But, like Morpheel, it's really easy.
8. Fyrus- A decent fight, using all the items of the Goron Mines. But it's only the second boss, so all other fights are just better.
9. Diababa- Another creative fight, using the boomerang well, but they are really easy to kill, and are overshadowed by future bosses.

Twilight Princess has my favorite bosses, I don't dislike any of them.

1.) Ganondorf - I can't honestly say that this final encounter was more epic than OoT. But what I can say is that it is hands-down the most well executed, paced, and designed final battle in any 3D Zelda game. TP was the true homecoming for the series, and having a four-stage fight that pays homage to the best parts of the series was amazing. Possessed Zelda was an amazing "Phantom Ganon" fight with a sick twist on Zelda's Lullaby, Ganon was a great callback to the beast-pig forms of the past, horseback riding with the traditional Light Arrows was amazing and got Zelda into the fight in a believable manner, and the final sword-fight is the closest we've ever gotten to a true one-on-one sword duel. TPHD can really put this over the top for me if it makes it just a little bit harder.

Oh, and the final battle with Ganondorf boss music is one of my favorite themes in the entire series. Probably top 5, honestly.

2.) Stallord - This is a perfect example of a new idea that was implemented in a spectacular fashion. The Spinner in and of itself is an awesome item, but I can see where the challenge came in when it came to actually using it in a boss fight. The solution? Ditch the common conventions of a boss fight entirely and go bold with something new. The result is something that we had never seen before in any capacity, and the "epic scale" gets continually turned up when we start getting higher and higher on the column and Stallord gets whittled down to just his head. It's also super cool that this is our first mirror piece, so the urgency and sense of scale is already higher than it had been in the first three dungeons.

3.) Blizzetta - Her face and the Shadow Temple are the only things that have ever truly scared me in a Zelda game. Just the whole concept of the boss is pretty awesome; she's an innocent soul who just got terrifyingly possessed and looks exactly like a demon from hell. With that aside though, I really like how the Ball and Chain is used in this one. Ice physics keep it from being too easy, and with probably the most epic boss music besides Ganondorf himself, it's a pretty memorable encounter.

4.) Zant - I don't get why people don't like this guy's role in the story. It could have been implemented better sure, but the concept is still neat enough. We have this borderline psychotic man-child who in his darkest hour found a "god" that made him all-poweful. I've always said that more foreshadowing for his true character would have made the reveal better, but I digress. Going through all the boss areas and mechanics we've had beforehand was great, with Zant giving his own crazy twist on them all. Him prancing around like a crazy guy just made it that much better.

5.) Armogohma - It might be the easiest boss in Zelda history, but it's still super fun. The idea of a super-huge terrifying spider is great, but the way that it's taken care of is even better. It's just so satisfying to crush a massive spider with an equally massive fist with an item that was just so weird and cool to use. TP has a problem with cake-walk bosses, but this is the only one where I feel like that factor really holds it back too much.

6.) Argorok - This one gets good points for the atmosphere and build-up it had. Being so high in the clouds for the dungeon was cool enough, but facing off against a good-old traditional fire breathing dragon at absolute maximum altitude was somehow even better. It's too bad that the fight itself is kind of clunky, since the double Clawshots were kind of awkward to use in the first place. I also wish they had done a bit more with his design, since I always thought it was more on the generic side.

7.) Morpheel - Like Argorok, the atmosphere for this is great, but for a different reason. The very, very long and slow trek into a watery abyss does a great job of establishing that "hey..... I'm not going to be able to run from this", as well as just giving the player an uncomfortable feeling just because humans associate deep water with dying/not breathing. The fight itself though it pretty forgettable. It's probably the easiest one in the game, and under-water controls are something that 3D Zelda hasn't really been able to nail yet without a Zora mask.

8.) Diababa - This guy is pretty meh for me, which is understandable since it's the first boss. The design is pretty cool, but the method you use to fight him isn't very fun to me, probably due to the lack of items at that point. Plus I still hate that stupid monkey.

9.) Fyrus - Probably the only boss fight I straight up don't like. It just seems so uninspired and phoned-in. Oh, I hit a shiny eye-like thingy with the bow? Never seen that one before. /sarcasm

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
What bothers me with the bosses in TP is how impressive they look but how extremely weak they were. Most of them could have done so much better. That said, here are my results :P
1. Ganondorf. Four phases and especially the last part was the most epic. Fighting him one on one. Totally epic. The first part (Puppet Zelda) was ridiculously easy. The second part (beast ganon) made it more challenging. The horse ride part was just a matter of timing but the last part was amazing. So yeah out of all bosses, this is my number 1. Not that extremely hard though but it made up for all other boss fights.
2. Zant. There is nothing about Zant I dislike. He is my fav villain (unless they decide to use Volga in the future but I don't see that happen) and to see him change into this complete lunatic was so much fun. To fight most boss fights again in Zant style was just one of the reason why I can't ever hate or dislike this guy.
3. Blizetta. What I like about this boss is how she actually helps you to find the right location to the key. She is sincere in helping you out but she is cursed by the mirror. Then she stands there, leading you all the way to the bedroom only to become twisted by the mirror and she fights you. I loved the whole scenery. Ice falling down and you have to look on the floor to be able to avoid being hit from above. The cage she was in was also remarkable. I just love the whole scene and it was also kinda sad because she was actually a decent lady. So when I first fought her, I hoped she wouldn't die. That would have been devastating.
4. Stallord. I like the Stallord fight. You had to time it to crack his bones. Thank god that whole skeleton didn't come out of the sand.
5. Argorok. You get an idea you're standing on top of a skyscraper. This fight could have been so much better. It had everything. the right scenery, the right mood but man the fight was such a huge let down. Don't get me started on the stupid four times only stab everytime.
6. Armoghoma. The same as Argorok. It was an incredible looking boss and could freak you out but what a huge waste of time.
7. Fyrus. I liked the looks of this boss. Like Blizetta also a boss who couldn't help it being evil for a while. I didn't even find that fight that pathetic but it just couldn't live up to it's potential. I would have liked it if there was a hand on hand combat involved in some way.
8. Diababa. Oh man, the most pathetic boss in the game. No wait, I still got one to go. The interacting with the monkey and Link was fun. I liked that part but this boss was so pathetic I can't even call this a boss fight.
9. Morpheel. There is nothing about this boss and the fight I like. This is the only boss I wish I could skip but that's impossible. The temple was well designed and everything looked amazing. You had to struggle all your way through only to fight.....this. The first part was already making me sleepy but the second part was just one big joke. Stabbing the boss four times in the eye on it's back. Yeah, I didn't seen that coming.

1 - Zant (The best of everything)
2 - Stallord (Big sense of scale)
3 - Argorok (Love the atmosphere)
4 - Blizetta (Don't take mirror)
5 - Ganon (Final fight was good)
6 - Fyrus (Great fiery visuals)
7 - Morpheel (Underwater fights...)
8 - Armogomah (Creepy, but not that fun)
9 - Diababa (The baboon was cool though)

Lol well considering I played through twilight princes just to get to fight Stallord again I think its plain to see who gets number one for me.

2-Zant- His fight does something that most zelda games don't do in the fact that you have to use a lot of your previous weapons and skills to beat him . That and he just snaps and starts freaking out like the joker on crack in his last phase .

3-Ganondorf(all four stages)-Again this fight forced you to use all your training but it did it for everything that Zants fight didn't . Instead of using your items (besides the bow and fishing rod lol ) you had to use both your skill in timing (dead mans volly ) your skill with wolf link in the Ganon fight (this was also like a beast against beast kinda thing)your ability of controlling Epona and sword fighting on her . And finally a one on one sword fight with the king of Evil him self (although I believe it could have been handled better )

4- Argorok- The build up to this fight was fantastic, since all through out the dungeon you see him ether flying around high above you or destroying your path. So you kinda are ticked off and ready to kill him when you finally reach the top. That and the fact that it has a great etmosphere of the storm and fighting a Dragon miles above the surface.

5-Armogomah- Good gosh I hate spiders. So getting to smash one with the fist of a massive statue multiple times was so satisfying.

6-Morpheel-I really like the idea behind Morpheel and it is by far one of the largest bosses in Zelda to date (besides twinmold and the fight with the sky whale in SS) but for her side and intimidating look Morpheel was a let down.

7-Blizetta- Cool boss but kinda boring honestly. Although the jump scare and the heart warming ending was a good twist to the normal boss formula.

8.Fyrus-Awesome looking boss but gosh is he easy. You can literally stun lock him from attacking at all.

9-Diababa- Once again great idea very threatening looking but not a threat at all really the only difficulty in that fight was getting the boomerang to take the bomb from the monkey.

And my Honorable mentions of mid bosses that were cool enough to be considered bosses in their own right.

Honorable mentions 1- Temple of time Darknut- This was the first time That it felt like link was actually going up against another worthy swordsman the lizalfoes and dinofoes are ok but they are no Darknut, who in all honestly was more difficult then the boss of the temple.

Honorable mentions 2-Death sword-Oh gosh this guy is creepy he looks intimidating and his fight isnt that easy of a fight. I could see him being a boss if it wasn't for the amazing fight of Stallord. and another cool fact is that you fight him in both wolf and human form instead of just human.

A good boss must give a good fight but not be totally impossible to defeat such as Ghirahim in Skyward Sword. Also the METHOD or WAY you fight with a boss add to the quality. The more new moments and variation in a fight, the better. So the fight with Zant was a bit annoying. In the following order I think the bosses of Twilight Princess were the best...

1-Morpheel (I really liked swimming around the swimming morpheel to get the right position for an attack)
2-Argorok (A fight in the air is awesome)
3-Blizetta (The second most difficult boss but nice to finally defeat)
4-Stallord (The most unique methods of fighting a boss)
5-Ganondorf (The most difficult boss. He was three times as hard to defeat as a darknut. A great fight.)
6-Armogomah (Using the statues was nice)
7-Diababa (Coordinating the bombs was funny. A rather simple boss.)
8-Zant (Sometimes difficult but irritating and repeating moments)
9-Fyrus (Simple to defeat)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom